ADVERTISEMENT

South Point @ Crest.....

We don't cramp when were winning....We won't cramp friday night. There's nothing that can be done about being a midget .....I know first hand.

True enough, I cramped up when I saw you drinking a beer bigger than you.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

chargerbacker1, keep on sleeping on us. Dont say anything when we come in there and smack yall around on yalls on field..

I met a man from Boiling Springs/Lawndale and said, "I want to climb a mountain". He said, " Why would you want to do that, I can get someone else to do it".

SP by 10.

This post was edited on 11/30 8:29 PM by seadog28

Coondog and some say there are fans who have been down on this SP group this year. I'm sure I am categorized in that group. I just call it like I see it. I worry about runaway fans expectations sometimes- because this group we have is not nearly one of our best in the last 5 years...much less 40 plus.

Also- it is not lost on me that we have played against basically a JV caliber schedule the last 3 games of the conference schedule. We have played the worst playoff schedule of teams in the history of the school. We havn't seen a team with a defense in ...I guess HH? HHs defense was not great either, but at least they got their fits and could move to the ball. They remind me (defensively) of *crest a little bit. Not super fast, but very quick. They both play downhill, and behind the line of scrimmage.

Before you *cresties go talking about how fast you are, please save it. You should get by SP and you can prove whether or not you are fast against Havelock. Judging by the combine numbers that are posted from NIKE which is actual, and shrine bowl which is ballpark b/c hand timed, yall aren't real fast. So, don't be surprised if you aren't able to catch a couple of our wingbacks if they get behind you untouched. We have a couple tall 4.6ish speed guys that can score if they aren't touched. We have a capable QB who has gotten better in the playoffs. We have a fullback who is breathing. A couple of the threats you don't know about are our wideouts. We have some good athletes there and they could surprise yall a little bit this Friday night.

So, you will have to defend the trip option and the pass game we bring horizontally and vertically. You have to defend 50 yards long and wide every play. *crest will not win this game by the margin the first time played. I think *crest wins but in a much closer game. Don't forget- this is *crest's best team ever vs. SPs best team since 2014, and about #8 best team in the last 10 years.

So, it will be fun for you all running the clock out as much as possible. But what if you can't run the clock out? What if you get down early, and HAVE to pass? What if a key offensive player gets hurt? That JV running back you have and like to use to pound will have to ease up on the cheesecake this week to get more nimble and try to outrun our DL. We have a couple guys that can hit 4.8 - 4.9 on that DL you know.

I will give you an early week and late week prediction. My early week prediction is this:

*crest 33
sp 25

IF this happens, you will raise your win % up to 36%. So, IF you win, you really aren't a winner. You are still a career loser vs. your daddy, and Havelock and little #3 await you to return two kicks (one punt, one kickoff) for TDs in the championship game, and embarrass what is considered the best team in school history. Do you guys even need to show up for the SP game?

For the *crest players: Do ya'll enjoy playing against SP? Are the DL tough enough for round 2? If you cramp up or sustain an"injury" , then it'll be up to somebody else and maybe someone else's fault that the game isn't won? These aren't excuses. These old geezers don't know what it's like down there in the trenches. They don't know how you feel; How it hurts. Ain't nobody paying your doctor bills from *crest. You guys gotta take care of yourselves.....of your future. You can't let those dollars go in the form of scholarship because of some playoff game. Do you. Make sure THEY don't try to control you.

has South Point ever played for a state title or won a state title? they always seem to be in the mix late in the playoffs

Seeing as how you are from High Point, and never near any state championship weekeends, I guess your ignorance is warranted.

Sorry GoNtheDistance. It's BRUTAL on here!!!! So much for being friendly and asking a legitimate question.

Originally posted by GoNtheDistance:

has South Point ever played for a state title or won a state title? they always seem to be in the mix late in the playoffs
Been in it 4 times, walked away with the trophy 4 times. (The first time was actually a co-championship with Salisbury.

By the way, I see your avatar. Great game Saturday.

Any NC HS football fan longer than 5 years knows a rough answer to that question. It wasn't as innocent as it seemed.

In football matchups are everything.
Shelby and SP (common opponent for *crest) are two divergent type programs from personnel to scheme on both sides.

That said....is it impossible to think *crest is vulnerable since Shelby almost beat them. You can talk about snaps over head all you want to. That's two plays out of an entire game. That crappy Shelby defense figured a way to slow down the *crest offense. My guess is SP is reviewing that tape closely, as well as several others.

I think *crest will win too. But, the more I see these 28 points plus defeats.....the more I realize that *crest and their boy lover followers are quick to forget this season and specific games. What if *crest has another "off" night like against Shelby? Is that so impossible to think could happen?

Ralph Malph 99

Yes Shelby did play us very well. They only scored 6 points on the starting defense. The only points that have been scored against them. The offense did have an off night, I will give you that. Ole Mark Barnes is a smart coach. He knows whats coming and how to prepare. Offense did pretty good last week against a team that beat you. That being said, no one is looking past South Point. They deserve our respect and rightly so. They make us better. Have a safe trip to the ranch. P.S. bring your own crying towel.

Seadog,

What has gotten into to you??? You are singing and commenting like my good ole pal GSO.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Deana_King:
Seadog,

What has gotten into to you??? You are singing and commenting like my good ole pal GSO.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This is a big one, Deana. I'll try to be good, but these crampers rile me.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Thing you gotta remember about Shelby/Crest is that it's our biggest game of the year! and Crest students vandalized Shelby, called out players by names, wrote some words that Seadog only used when he was a sailor for our great country.

There was a lot of anger and passion in that game...I'd be very surprised if SP got as pumped as Shelby was...the Lions didn't even shake hands at the coin toss...They were pi$$ed

Question is whether the Chargers will be pumped for this game or be a little complacent because they were able to beat South Point earlier in the season? I guarantee you that the Red Raiders will be pumped for this game - might not translate into a win but it will guarantee a dogfight.

A collective mass of unwashed tongue chewers shall gather at Sid Bryson Friday... The wafting of mayonnaise sandwiches
And cheap tube rose snuff will fill the air without nary a wind

With that said wouldn't it be great if both lost?

Up yours Seadog!!! If you don't like it meet me at Winston In two weeks at the same spot as two years ago
And you can buy me a pizza!!!SHUT UP!!!

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:
A collective mass of unwashed tongue chewers shall gather at Sid Bryson Friday... The wafting of mayonnaise sandwiches
And cheap tube rose snuff will fill the air without nary a wind

With that said wouldn't it be great if both lost?

Up yours Seadog!!! If you don't like it meet me at Winston In two weeks at the same spot as two years ago
And you can buy me a pizza!!!SHUT UP!!!

UP YOURS too, SL. I'll see you in Winston.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Don't worry about the Chargers being ready and focused ......we're taking em one at a time. Plus it's a bonus to beat SP twice in the same yr.
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Crestbearman1:

Ralph Malph 99

Yes Shelby did play us very well. They only scored 6 points on the starting defense. The only points that have been scored against them. The offense did have an off night, I will give you that. Ole Mark Barnes is a smart coach. He knows whats coming and how to prepare. Offense did pretty good last week against a team that beat you. That being said, no one is looking past South Point. They deserve our respect and rightly so. They make us better. Have a safe trip to the ranch. P.S. bring your own crying towel.
This years D coordinator is the Real Deal!!

Ralph, cute remark to my question about south points history in state title games. My boys have been 2a for quite some time so truly wasn't aware of the history in state title games and didn't want to waste a second to look it up . I actually really respect their program greatly and consider their venue to be one of the finer venues in North Carolina for good high school football. Love the community support and the field house. Great concessions. I enjoyed the few times our teams have locked up. You comment about high point Would have been made a lot more sense and been funny had my team not won a state championship last year and routinely playing on thanksgiving week and beyond in many seasons. Don't let facts get in the way of your comedy show on this thread. Despite you being a half dick, I still hope your boys pull it out on Friday night. Cheers.

This post was edited on 12/1 11:02 PM by GoNtheDistance

Reactions: SPRaiders78
If Ole coach Barnes knows so much why didn't Scotland win a championship

Originally posted by lockray:
If Allah's favorite color is green, then why do midgets eat hot dogs?

I'm only a dick to the *cresties and others who dare to weigh in with veiled insults or outright accusations. If I read your comments wrong, my humblest apology. That said, I have no idea who you pull for thus my aggression. Can't be too sure around here....there are always busters lurking.

I hate Crest like any Burns fan should. They are a county team. That is how it should be. I will give credit where it is due. 14 games with no TD's. Pretty damn impressive. I don't know if I have ever seen it done. You can check my IP address and it will say Lawndale all day. You will also not match my IP with these other guys that may or may not be from where they say they are or are not. I bet your mommas next pimp check on it. I come and go as I please. When I feel the need to post, I do. I saw the updates from the FV game and could not believe what I was reading. It was 21-0 before all the air was out of the Helmet Tunnel and 28-0 before the Marching Band got their seats. SP is better but it's not happening fellows. I am pulling for you. I like the under dog but you cannot run outside on them. You will not run up the middle on them. Crest chances of losing are as good as my chances of a woman NOT throwing herself at me. Don't believe me, ask some of your mom's. I may be a few of these guys daddy. I was in Belmont for 1 day of my life. The chances are really good.
cool0003.r191677.gif
Crest by 21+

Originally posted by crest91:

Originally posted by lockray:
If Allah's favorite color is green, then why do midgets eat hot dogs?
Classic evasion.
Tough 91.
Hey Lockray - good question.

A lot is made of this no TD defense from *crest. I will say this.....we know the defense is REALLY good. But, whether or not teams score on you is really more about who you play. If yall played a men's tackle football conference schedule, there would have been points scored. If *crest is billy bad azz then schedule Mallard Creek.
Or you could go the recruiting team vs. recruiting team and schedule Char. Catholic or any of the other private schools. But, to continually brag about no TDs being scored on your defense when the teams you played names are : Draughn, Roberson, RS Central, Chase, East Burke....it makes it a little less impressive.

If you shut out Havelock I'll be very impressed. Right now, you have played a bunch of games and not played anybody REALLY good yet (including SP and Shelby). So, you ladies see your team as one of the best ever at *crest. I see it as one of the best in the state this year because the west and our area is down in football. Also- you had to rob Burns of some of their players to be in this position. *crest must have had a conference call with the American Legion group over at Shelby and got some pointers on how to advance without doing it on your own accord.

ADVERTISEMENT