ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland vs East Forsyth 4A Title

DaMouthOfDaSouth

Aug 29, 2018
Should be a old fashioned slobba knocker. Can Baileys boys bring home the gold? Both have run first attitudes. Passing will probably be at a minimum. What y’all think? Can you dig it sucka’s?

I'd like to hear from Raider fans about this matchup or about the landscape of 4A. I think they're qualified to comment about the present instead of the history of teams/programs. The Raiders have taken the field against Wake Forest, Pinecreat, East Forsyth, Scotland County, Butler, Myers Park and I'd like to know how they see things.

If the Scots RB McQueen plays(sprained MCL) they may have a chance. McQueen doesn’t play and EF can stop the run. It’s going to be a hard game for the Scots. But you never know.. Bailey is a great coach. You heard it from the ayatollah of rock and Rolla and the pleasure has been all yours! Holla!

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
Scots are hot at the right time and can definitely win this game. The keys for Scotland is running the ball effectively and making some big plays on defense.

I heard he didn't play against 71st and the Scots still beat them like they stole something. I'm guessing he plays if it's only a sprain MCL. What do you Scotland fans think?

If the Scots RB McQueen plays(sprained MCL) they may have a chance. McQueen doesn’t play and EF can stop the run. It’s going to be a hard game for the Scots. But you never know.. Bailey is a great coach. You heard it from the ayatollah of rock and Rolla and the pleasure has been all yours! Holla!
Mckoy? Dockery? Nicholson? We got more than Smiley buddy haha

Obviously Mr Hodge you are a knowledgeable Scots fan. Was just implying that McQueen at times has played both sides of the ball. Just seems to me that y’all would have a better chance with him playing. I know about McKoy having seen the Scots play. Like I said Earlier Bailey is a good coach so ya never know what might happen for when the grand prize is on the line. By the way I’m the tower of power and too sweet to be sour. Have a good day Mr. Hodge and keep reaching for the stars!

Might have to cut him some slack on that one Hodge, pretty sure more than half the people in the stands didn't even know who 43 was last week. Nicholson with 14 carries as a freshman in an east final. I think by this time next year we all will know him much better.

Reactions: Brandon Hodge
The boys in blue are hot on both sides of the ball right now. Weather will be issue, EF is more use to that type of weather than we are use to, but cold is the cold. Go Scots.

I saw the tail end of the Scotland vs Butler game back in August at the godforsaken rathole of a stadium in Charlotte (Memorial Stadium).

After seeing that, if you would have told me that Scotland would be playing this weekend, I would have laughed right in your face. Kudos to them for getting there!

That being said, East Forsyth is tough. I don’t think they can hang with them.

East Forsyth by 21.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
We want everyone riding with SC. Please don't pick us. We love it. #EAGLEPRIDE

SC #1 RB injured this season and last, tough break. It was defiantly a factor last year, probably will be this year too.

Are you serious???? There are some that's picking your Boys by 40!!!!

That’s doable tbh. But I don’t think that will happen. I got East by 2-3 tds. With that being said. The whole HSOT team has Scotland winning so there’s that.

watched the hsot show today ,the panel of 4 went 2-2 on the game..
of course that's the same panel that for the most part picked against
Scotland in round 2,3,and 4.So a couple are pressured, even with the
big spread to take Scotland. ..One thing I do know for sure is that EF gets
no respect from the guys in Charlotte, lose this one and you'll never get it.
GO SCOTS....

Last edited:
Reactions: UNCGrad2014
Best of luck to the Scots. Still EF will be very tough, let's not forget they're use to running with the 4AA crowd in the Playoffs and now they've been moved down.

That’s doable tbh. But I don’t think that will happen. I got East by 2-3 tds. With that being said. The whole HSOT team has Scotland winning so there’s that.
Well everyone on Carolina Preps are saying that East Forsyth is going to take us to the Woodshed. Butler did it the first game of the season, but the Scots have been in every game this season. So far as all these prediction don't mean nothing, the Scots are coming to win despite the naysayers.

LET'S GET IT ON!!!! GO SCOTS!!!!

Dude you are a 3-4 td favorite..Top shrine bowl back status tbd. It is Scotland that wants all picking against them...

Check all the other North Carolina high school football web sites as well and get back to me. There are many who are picking you all for a myriad of reasons. It's okay.

Well everyone on Carolina Preps are saying that East Forsyth is going to take us to the Woodshed. Butler did it the first game of the season, but the Scots have been in every game this season. So far as all these prediction don't mean nothing, the Scots are coming to win despite the naysayers.

LET'S GET IT ON!!!! GO SCOTS!!!!

Exaxtly!! Get it on!! #EAGLEPRIDE

Its funny, a #1 seed versus a #10 seed....14-0 versus 9-5...a senior laden bunch versus a team that will start 7 seniors on Saturday (if McQueen plays, 6 if not) and this guy is trying play the underdog role.

Don’t do that. You’re going to get Honda, Nepsy, and BG all rilled up. ;)

Its funny, a #1 seed versus a #10 seed....14-0 versus 9-5...a senior laden bunch versus a team that will start 7 seniors on Saturday (if McQueen plays, 6 if not) and this guy is trying play the underdog role.

It's an epidemic (reading comprehension) that's spread from Charlotte to Scotland Co.

I said various other web sites not what I believe which is the contrary. I was amazed at how many were picking the Scots!

That's all I said. Don't want no smoke from the Scots.

Quoted from @Forsyth Co that's what HSOT has most predicting you all to win.

Relax.

Last edited:
watched the hsot show today ,the panel of 4 went 2-2 on the game..
of course that's the same panel that for the most part picked against
Scotland in round 2,3,and 4.So a couple are pressured, even with the
big spread to take Scotland. ..One thing I do know for sure is that EF gets
no respect from the guys in Charlotte, lose this one and you'll never get it.
GO SCOTS....

You're correct and deservedly so. We understand and hope to change that. You all are playing with "house money" which usually means no pressure and loose.

Heckuva run you all went on! Let's hope we can dash those hopes Saturday though. #EAGLEPRIDE

Are you serious???? There are some that's picking your Boys by 40!!!!

That's too much regardless for a team in a State Championship. Come on man!

We respect you all way more than that. Your record won't catch us slipping on you all. Lol.

Dude you are a 3-4 td favorite..Top shrine bowl back status tbd. It is Scotland that wants all picking against them...

Like I said you all playing with "house money" which spells no pressure and probably will show up as loose as anyone competing Saturday.

Having said that we understand you're still The Scots with a rich championship pedigree that we have yet to establish.

We're not playing The Sisters of the Poor.

Like I said you all playing with "house money" which spells no pressure and probably will show up as loose as anyone competing Saturday.

Having said that we understand you're still The Scots with a rich championship pedigree that we have yet to establish.

We're not playing The Sisters of the Poor.
"Rich championship pedigree" now you just being mean.

Reactions: araiderfan
If y’all don’t win this one, you won’t have to worry about that being an issue ever again.
You all have said that 20x. Chill already.... it's the State Freaking Championship Game! Both teams have played awesome to get here. Some of yall Scots fans are trying to make it sound like East Forsyth is playing yalls JV. I see what you're doin.... you're trying to say if we lose it was because we were 5-5 and damn lucky to be here. If we Win it's better than Rocky beating Apollo Creed! You guys are hoping if you repeat that enough East Forsyth players and Coaches will think they are playing their JV. News flash again it's the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! You will get everything East Forsyth has just like East will get everything Scotland has. Good luck to both teams!

How many fans do you think will be on hand Saturday night? I still remember that 2011 Scotland game at Wake where the whole stadium was sold out. I hope it's another crazy atmosphere again. These kids on both teams deserve it.

You all have said that 20x. Chill already.... it's the State Freaking Championship Game! Both teams have played awesome to get here. Some of yall Scots fans are trying to make it sound like East Forsyth is playing yalls JV. I see what you're doin.... you're trying to say if we lose it was because we were 5-5 and damn lucky to be here. If we Win it's better than Rocky beating Apollo Creed! You guys are hoping if you repeat that enough East Forsyth players and Coaches will think they are playing their JV. News flash again it's the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! You will get everything East Forsyth has just like East will get everything Scotland has. Good luck to both teams!

How many fans do you think will be on hand Saturday night? I still remember that 2011 Scotland game at Wake where the whole stadium was sold out. I hope it's another crazy atmosphere again. These kids on both teams deserve it.

I’m not a Scotland fan, let’s get that straight. I am, however, a former Raider and know just how stacked Scotland has been for the past decade. Everyone is repeating this sentiment because even Scotland fans would agree with me that this is their least-talented team in a very long time. They only have 7 seniors, and most of their players are underclassmen. It’s not a strategy, they’re pure facts. The 4A East was the weakest it’s been in recent memory. The eventual 3A and 3AA state champs could’ve gone through that side, easily. Hell, maybe even 2AA could’ve made it much more competitive. If EF is as stacked as people on here have claimed them to be all season, then there should be no issue with us saying it “20 times.” Keep that same energy.

I’m pulling for EF, by the way. Willert deserves one.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
5 loss Scotland team with 6/7 seniors against the 14-0 powerhouse East Forsyth.

Would it be fair to say this would be one of the biggest upsets in NC state title history?

Hard to pull for either team as I think both coaches deserve one but just like last years 4a game I am a sucker for a Hollywood ending so.....GO SCOTS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT