ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland County 7-0 @ Pinecrest 7-0. (oct 14)

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
Big game in the SEC this coming Friday night as the Scots travel over to Southern Pines in a battle of unbeaten teams. The Scots have won this game in recent years and I expect no different this time around.
Pinecrest can be a tough out at home though
Any thoughts , comments, predictions.
GO SCOTS

if we don't go into turnover mode which we have not thus far I don't think this will be close. I just don't see them scoring more than 14 - 17 points unless Dickerson does something on special teams. I would hope we learned our lesson on that from last year

Please click on the picture

Scotland1.jpg

------------------------ BREAK ------------------------

Pinecrest1.jpg

Im more concerned about all the 15 yd
Penalties we are taking. Against a good team
We cant afford such lack of discipline. Stop taking that bate.

Very few times has a state championship ever been won in the regular season. It's true that Scotland has not been tested so far this year. A dominant defense, a fresh Zamir White, and speed to burn is a recipe for success at any level. Not to mention the fact that there are only a handful of teams that have the talent to test the Scots. Enjoy the next few weeks, we certainly will. FIRST ONE TO FIVE...... WINS!

Reactions: swett2victory
Very few times has a state championship ever been won in the regular season. It's true that Scotland has not been tested so far this year. A dominant defense, a fresh Zamir White, and speed to burn is a recipe for success at any level. Not to mention the fact that there are only a handful of teams that have the talent to test the Scots. Enjoy the next few weeks, we certainly will. FIRST ONE TO FIVE...... WINS!
Ha!
Yoooooooooooooooo

Big game in the SEC this coming Friday night as the Scots travel over to Southern Pines in a battle of unbeaten teams. The Scots have won this game in recent years and I expect no different this time around.
Pinecrest can be a tough out at home though
Any thoughts , comments, predictions.
GO SCOTS
Im going with the scots ...I hope they BLOW THEM OFF THE FIELD.........nuff said....

No lights power still in Laurinburg might lose a day of practice pending that situation. My grill and side burner getting extra work. Bacon, french toast on grill this morning was Goooood. Much damage here, trees down all over, houses, cars, roads. Wish everyone the best. No damage at my address, some neighbors not so lucky. hope to get back to norm soon .

No lights power still in Laurinburg might lose a day of practice pending that situation. My grill and side burner getting extra work. Bacon, french toast on grill this morning was Goooood. Much damage here, trees down all over, houses, cars, roads. Wish everyone the best. No damage at my address, some neighbors not so lucky. hope to get back to norm soon .

Tough deal. Praying for all you guys to get back to normal as soon as possible. No power sucks!!

Power at work, no power at home, hopefully
Today, no school today, unsure if coach will try to have some sort of practice with those that can be present. Definitely some preparation issues this week. Things much more the norm in southern pines as many of our folk have visited there for the necessities.
This game last year went down to the last play as PC had a throw into the endzone from the 25. The Scots did trail in the 4th quarter.

Scotswin we are praying for you guys for things to get better!

It would make sense to move it to Monday but if Moore county is in good shape I'm sure they will want to play. Not sure how you can play if you don't have the basic daily essentials. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. A lot of folks are struggling in Eastern, NC. Football is the furthest thing from their minds! Please be safe if you are in the affected areas.

Thx raider, lumberton a mess, south of border is a pond, Fayetteville/hope mills major issues. There maybe some that cant play Friday night . I think we be ok by midweek, schools tomorriw duno. Focus might be tough this week. Will try to get back to just football in this thread...
Hows the lineman that hobbled off for us Friday night? . Zamir over the sickness?
Smiley looked great thursday night, , but no safety back led to some long runs as well as play action over the top.

It would make sense to move it to Monday but if Moore county is in good shape I'm sure they will want to play. Not sure how you can play if you don't have the basic daily essentials. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. A lot of folks are struggling in Eastern, NC. Football is the furthest thing from their minds! Please be safe if you are in the affected areas.

Game has been moved to Saturday.

PC passing numbers are not impressive. I do not think the will be able to run it on SC without a balanced attack. PC is giving up a lot of points and that will probably continue. SC wins going away.

Scotland's game against Pinecrest WILL be played Friday night as originally scheduled!

The only sporting event that has been confirmed for the week is football this Friday, Oct. 14. The Fighting Scots, according to athletic director and head coach Richard Bailey, are still traveling to Pinecrest on Friday to take on the undefeated Patriots at 7:30 p.m.

Laurinburg Exchange today.

Scots need this win to boost back up in the AP polls. Defense works good friday night, W for Scots. Offense controls amount of penalties, W for Scots. All about correcting mistakes these past few weeks and playing some good ball.

If Pinecrest would play somebody maybe they could be a power in the SEC , They where very good in the late 60' & 70'

Actually the PC schedule is slightly tougher than the
Scots this year with the downgrade of some of the teams on
our schedule. (simmons)
All this and weather aside its time to play the game in a
couple days. Back to school today.

Whoever controls the tempo and time of possession, as well as make the least # of penalties and mistakes, as well as have the football near the end of the game will win. History seems to favor Scotland.

Thinking of going to the game from the eastern side of Fayetteville. Can someone suggest the best route that isn't full of road closures?

Thinking of going to the game from the eastern side of Fayetteville. Can someone suggest the best route that isn't full of road closures?
Go 2 Raeford and take 20 west to aberdeen. do no to go down by woodlake/carthage way. not sure if roads are washed out but i hear that is a very bad situation.

Yea. With Richmond not having a game tonight...expect to see some folks from Rockingham pulling for the Scots tonight.

Jam packed here on the scotland side, traffic no fun all the way here, looks like a big overfliwing crowd here tonight sll around

That one pinecrest announcer is so depressing. He,s not giving his kids a chance. They are in this game but he sounds like they don't have a chance...strange...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT