ADVERTISEMENT

Score Updates

Just found out Alleghany lost to South Stokes 46 to 40. Dont know anything about the game...I went and watched Cherokee tonight.

Well just saw on YouTube that Smoky Mtn held on against Pisgah 43-40 which kept me from having my worst week but that's still 3 misses 2 weeks in a row.
Good I picked Smoky to win. I lost Cherokee which was only a one score loss. I lost Murphy and didn’t see that coming, thought it might be close. I loss Swain but I don’t know why people are knocking Swain. It was 14 to 0. If Dade was all that good but only scored twice. Swain defense is for real they just need to work on offense. Can’t believe they played Turbyfield tonight but don’t count Mitchell out

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Good I picked Smoky to win. I lost Cherokee which was only a one score loss. I lost Murphy and didn’t see that coming, thought it might be close. I loss Swain but I don’t know why people are knocking Swain. It was 14 to 0. If Dade was all that good but only scored twice. Swain defense is for real they just need to work on offense. Can’t believe they played Turbyfield tonight but don’t count Mitchell out
It was much more one sided in swain than the score indicates.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I lost the same ones the SMC really let me down tonight lol. Some of the games when you know nothing about the other team especially the out of state ones just makes picking that much harder.
I just listened to the radio tonight I didn't feel like driving to Mars Hill for the type of game I knew it would be, the announcers said Ty looked like he could move more than last week but still not himself so maybe he's healing last week he couldn't make any cuts a family member told me he could just run straight and his speed wasn't close to normal.
I wouldn't have played him any they certainly didn't need him tonight.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Very funny bk
Just found out Alleghany lost to South Stokes 46 to 40. Dont know anything about the game...I went and watched Cherokee tonight.
KW I actually left the Alleghany game with a few minutes left in the 3rd, South Stokes was up two tds and was in the red zone about to score. A few minutes later, I drove by the field and saw that both teams had scored and Alleghany had the ball again, so I returned and watched Alleghany score, stop the next drive ending in a fumbled punt, then have four plays from around the thirty yard line in the final minute, but just couldn’t get it done.

Reactions: KW23
Appreciate the summary Junglejimk....sounds like it was a crazy one.

#5 for MA reminds me of the Dobson kid from 13 yrs or so ago. Both hit the hole super hard and it's lights out speed to the house after that. Super Impressive. To be honest I'm not sure how East Surry contained MA's speed. I've saw both ES and MA this year and the team speed advantage is decidely in MA's favor. I guess ES QB and line were the ultimate equalizers.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I do not understand this score. What has happened to North Surry? Anyone know any details about game?

I talked to a buddy that works over that way (He got these details from someone at the school). Said it was 20 - 14 with NS leading at half. Then 20 - 28 in favor of WC in the beginning of the fourth. They didn't stay for the whole game so that's all the details he had. Seems like a 4th quarter melt down. @Slasher Killer any details you can give?

Honestly i got the score off NCPreps opening page..but it had WC beating Surry Central..i assumed it was North Surry. Surry Central beat West Wilkes 10-7. So not sure if 51 32 is actually WC/NS score. Its def the wrong team vs WC on the score front score page of NC Preps scores from last nights games.

#5 for MA reminds me of the Dobson kid from 13 yrs or so ago. Both hit the hole super hard and it's lights out speed to the house after that. Super Impressive. To be honest I'm not sure how East Surry contained MA's speed. I've saw both ES and MA this year and the team speed advantage is decidely in MA's favor. I guess ES QB and line were the ultimate equalizers.
East Surry was very good and won that Mt Airy game, but the Bears were 3 starters short including #25. So they zeroed in on #5 and they controlled the line in the first half. Their speed was better than most thought and Mt Airy was not yet "fluid" and as well oiled as we were last night. Our line play is getting better each week and much better than the second week of the year.

Honestly i got the score off NCPreps opening page..but it had WC beating Surry Central..i assumed it was North Surry. Surry Central beat West Wilkes 10-7. So not sure if 51 32 is actually WC/NS score. Its def the wrong team vs WC on the score front score page of NC Preps scores from last nights games.
North Surry Schedule

Well a quick look it knocked me from tied in second to a long list of 3rd, three points behind the two leaders and one jumped from tied 4th to tied with one other in second after going 8-1 last night which is 2 points behind the leaders.

ES D was and MA had Boaz running for his life all night. Had two picks against him ES.D Up front is good. MA offense was just flat that night and they loaded the box daring MA to throw and they couldn't.

• Haha
Reactions: BigRedFan27
Man..that is wild! MA looked unbeatable last night as far as any 1a team goes. Its teenagers..EW once it was 2tds down..its like they kind of gave up hope..credit MA epecially offensively for leaving absolutely no doubt. Def not gonna say the coaches gave up....but after EW very 1st beautiful offensive series...they looked like an entirely different team when MA scored in 1 play. That was all it took for reality to set in.

Losing the two kids from last year didn’t help east Wilkes cause. Qb was gritty!! We can talk all we want but East Wilkes has a legitimate chance to have a two loss season . 1 to MA and 1 in the playoffs. Conference is weak past the first 3 , but you don’t choose the conference and play who you play. A 10 / 12 win season is a pretty good accomplishment if east can win against the rams. End of year if Bears are healthy, continue to improve a bit from week to week they are gonna be a lot to deal with and looking at the rpi rankings you will still be coming to Wallace Shelton stadium. They will be a tall order for any western 1a team and hopefully 1 eastern team in particular ( not saying any names ) in the ship. Hopefully there will be a huge chip on there shoulder from last year’s playoff loss. Side note , the middle school team at halftime had the biggest 8th grade kid I think I’ve ever seen. 6’3 / 6’4 and 285 is what someone was telling me. Geeeezzzz , dont piss him off in the hallway 😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Impressed with the maturity of the coach those year. Back to back games with a very difficult call on the field and he handled himself with poise

This just may be The Year. Barring injuries. Could it be Mt.Airy vs Andrews, or Robbinsville, or North Rowan...in the Western Regionals...🤔🤔🤔

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT