ADVERTISEMENT

Girls Playoff Scores

I feel for Ashe a school with 2a numbers playing in a 3a bracket... Hopefully next realignment will be kinder to them... The fact that they have nobody on free reduced lunch shouldn't bump them up to 3a.. That's crazy rule imo

Some action in the Charlotte area.
Mallard Creek 80 Mount Tabor 45
Myers Park 62 Porter Ridge 44
Charlotte Catholic 58. Hickory Ridge 33

Look for these teams along with Lake Norman and Watauga to make a run toward the 4A State Final.

East Burke has set a new school record for wins and has a chance for some revenge when they host Salisbury on Tuesday. The Lady Hornets put the Lady Cavs out in the regional finals last year and I think they would like to return the favor. I'm still not sure how far East Burke can go this year, and they may have to travel to East Rutherford if they win Tuesday, but I would love to see them play N. Wilkes in Winston-Salem if it comes to it.

Its been a dog fight. LN just cant seem to get some of the balls to fall. LN up 29-23 end of 3rd

It's going to be Lady Cavs vs. Lady Cavs as East Burke travels to East Rutherford Friday night. Seems like ER had a big lead and then survived after N. Stanly came back to tie the game in the fourth quarter. EB cruised over Salisbury and they should have a big crowd following them Friday as it is only about an hour's drive from Icard to Bostic.

East Lincoln 57
Stuart Cramer 49 FINAL

I imagine there are going to be some upset SC fans after this one. Foul calls seemed to be pretty one-sided. SC star Holland picked up (3) tickytack fouls in the 1st quarter. That set the tone and kept her pretty conservative. #2 guard and scoring threat Womack picked up 5 fouls in the 4th alone. Pretty crazy.

Last edited:
It's going to be Lady Cavs vs. Lady Cavs as East Burke travels to East Rutherford Friday night. Seems like ER had a big lead and then survived after N. Stanly came back to tie the game in the fourth quarter. EB cruised over Salisbury and they should have a big crowd following them Friday as it is only about an hour's drive from Icard to Bostic.
East Burke and East Rutherford have two opponents in common: Patton and Draughn. EB played both twice in non-conference play as they are county opponents, while ER played Patton twice in conference and then played Draughn in the FHS Christmas tournament, both teams won all their games against these opponents.
The interesting part is that EB won their games against these common opponents by an average of 34.75 points, while ER won by an average of 35 points. Can't get much closer than that, should be a good game Friday night.

Anyone doubting RPI as an effective measure of strength need only look at the girls' brackets in the west. Across all four classifications there are only two teams that are not seeded 1-4 remaining: #12 seed Lincoln Charter in 2A and #5 seed Ben L. Smith in 3A.

My 4th round picks:
Mtn Heritage over Alb
Bishop over Cherokee
N Wilkes over Lincoln Charter
E Burke over E Rutherford
Ac Reynolds over Smith
W Rowan over E Lincoln
Watauga over Myers Park
LKN over C Catholic
If that pans out the regional finals will be
just before dawn fire GIF

ADVERTISEMENT