ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2: Burns at Bunker Hill

No they still are a major concern. I agreed with chopper’s response. but you and I both know they aren’t unstoppable
All kidding aside, I agreed with him, too. There’s always those type of games. However, I couldn’t help thinking back to last season, when they were hyped up, then flopped in the playoffs.

All kidding aside, I agreed with him, too. There’s always those type of games. However, I couldn’t help thinking back to last season, when they were hyped up, then flopped in the playoffs.

I’m not saying they aren’t the favorite anymore. I’m just saying they still are beatable. Chopper is right, but you know he didn’t expect that

You have to play a bad one and still win once in awhile to win this thing. Look at Crest last night as I thought the would win by 5 tds. Winning 5 games to get to the Championship is tough.
Didn’t really surprise me. Crest is going to struggle against athletic teams, teams athletic enough to contain, slow down Tater. That’s why it was laughable to me when it was once said that they would beat West Charlotte by 28 points.

I’m not saying they aren’t the favorite anymore. I’m just saying they still are beatable. Chopper is right, but you know he didn’t expect that
Heck no! None of us did, and yes, they could still win it all. But, their game with Bunker Hill is a lot more interesting now. BH’s defense impressed me, and they were a lot more athletic than I imagined them to be.

Heck no! None of us did, and yes, they could still win it all. But, their game with Bunker Hill is a lot more interesting now. BH’s defense impressed me, and they were a lot more athletic than I imagined them to be.

Someone said that’s not the bunker hill I remember lol on Facebook.
Btw I do think crest will bear west Charlotte more than statesville

You got to take into consideration when it comes to West Lincoln their offense is built to keep scores low their goal is to eat around 8 minutes off the clock every offensive drive. Their style of offense leads to low scoring games and tight games usually even though they don't tend to win those games all the time

Reactions: Bulldog_012
I’m shocked West Lincoln lost.

The chicken liver bunch knew how I felt about it going into the game.

I need my ass kicked on not picking Watauga …I’ve seen them play too. What was I thinking?

Imma Creek?? My arse!

Hickory!!👀… watch ‘em.

Great game and atmosphere last night. Both teams contained each others run game better than I expected. A lot of big 3rd and 4th down stops on both sides. Congrats to BH. Hope you guys keep it going. Willis was limited in the run game for the most part, but had a big impact on defense. He’s a stud.

@Chopper747 Tarheel fan 1 is no longer impressed. Just 24 hrs ago, Monroe was his biggest concern. Following the games last night from his iPhone, he thought to himself, Monroe was overrated, and got exposed. Now, he’s sees BH vs Monroe as a real battle next week, a possible toss up.

As I said it's about schemes and match ups..

Teams struggle against offenses they dont usually see. Same way Reidsville struggled against ED in the title game. Same way Wallace struggled against Hertford's passing game. If you're not prepared or have not seen an offense before it can take 1 or 3 qtrs to get things together when you're NOT prepared.

Monroe offense still scored alot of points. Bunker Hill has a good defensive front, but the redhawks have seen their style of offense as well as Reidsvilles.

Monroe might have a hard time running initially but look for them to pull away in the 2nd half. They are usually a 2nd half team anyway. BH has a shot because they are at home, but if they are not on top of Monroe early by at least 3 TDs like they did against Burns it will be difficult.

I gaurantee if Monroe still had Charlotte Catholic on their schedule, they would have blown out West Lincoln.

Last edited:
Didn’t really surprise me. Crest is going to struggle against athletic teams, teams athletic enough to contain, slow down Tater. That’s why it was laughable to me when it was once said that they would beat West Charlotte by 28 points.
EVERY team left is watching that Crest/Statesville tape and the Crest/KM tape to see where Crest weak spots are.

Best believe West Charlotte and Dudley will be an uphill battle for Crest, especially after they see the game film

They wanted to show off that qb… now he’s gone and they don’t have a state championship
There was nothing to show off. He was injured and already committed to GWU. Norris out in space was the ticket if 4 was running the ball. I’m not sure why we didn’t keep it going outside of him playing both ways. It was clear Mauney wasn’t hurting anyone with his legs like he had when healthy.

I’m shocked West Lincoln lost.

The chicken liver bunch knew how I felt about it going into the game.

I need my ass kicked on not picking Watauga …I’ve seen them play too. What was I thinking?

Imma Creek?? My arse!

Hickory!!👀… watch ‘em.
I've been called worse, "chicken liver bunch. LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT