ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2: Burns at Bunker Hill

I don't think one Burns poster said we would win this game. We all thought we had a good shot. We played bad. Credit to BH for making us look bad. Your defensive line was in our back field all night. But as bad as we played, we had a chance at the end. Good luck next week. Monroe is a different animal. Hope your lineman is OK too.
Heard broken elbow but not 100% sure

I don't think one Burns poster said we would win this game. We all thought we had a good shot. We played bad. Credit to BH for making us look bad. Your defensive line was in our back field all night. But as bad as we played, we had a chance at the end. Good luck next week. Monroe is a different animal. Hope your lineman is OK too.
I’d be shocked it Monroe loses or even wins close. I saw nothing from bunker hill that Monroe shouldn’t stop

I thought Surratt was coming back tonight. Not having him in the passing game hurt. Not having Ben able to run hurt too. Still wish we would have ran Wilson more. Bunker Hill did enough in the first half. 21-0 lead and Burns didn’t lay down. Still cannot believe it was a scoreless second half.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I thought Surratt was coming back tonight. Not having him in the passing game hurt. Not having Ben able to run hurt too. Still wish we would have ran Wilson more. Bunker Hill did enough in the first half. 21-0 lead and Burns didn’t lay down. Still cannot believe it was a scoreless second half.
Yea. Surrat out was a big loss

I’d be shocked it Monroe loses or even wins close. I saw nothing from bunker hill that Monroe shouldn’t stop
Same. The reality is we were still too banged up. Wishful thinking but Mauney was in a boot all week and it was obvious every time he ran the ball. Don’t know if we could have handled 3 more rounds.

How do you think Bh will do against Monroe?
Not good and I don’t think we would have either. Monroe has the speed and even though we didn’t run to the outside much it was there all night. Monroe is healthy as can be and extremely athletic. Not doubting Bunker Hills talent but as soon as Monroe sees film it won’t be hard to figure out.

Ben should have never been made to come out. He was on the ground for like 2 seconds, ref gave him not time. Gotta have some discretion in that situation.

But congrats Bunker Hill. Burns just got in to big a hole in the 1st quarter but we could have won this ballgame.

Ben should have never been made to come out. He was on the ground for like 2 seconds, ref gave him not time. Gotta have some discretion in that situation.

But congrats Bunker Hill. Burns just got in to big a hole in the 1st quarter but we could have won this ballgame.
I didn’t realize Ben was still that bad on the ankle. He could not run at all. Him being healthy changes a lot but we had no consistency on offense. I did like Norris out in space. Bunker Hill has a very physical front and he had no ability to get away like we’ve seen all year. They got to him when they brought the house. I thought our run D played very well tonight. We just did not get off the field on 3rd in the first half. Second half both defenses were pretty damn good:

Well thats all folks. Now it looks like rebuilding time for the dogs. With i think like 19 graduating and a jv team that only won 2, next year may be painful to watch. Hoping for a productive offseason for the players coming up next and all the best for Mauney and all the dogs that gave us a lot to be happy about these last couple of seasons.

Well thats all folks. Now it looks like rebuilding time for the dogs. With i think like 19 graduating and a jv team that only won 2, next year may be painful to watch. Hoping for a productive offseason for the players coming up next and all the best for Mauney and all the dogs that gave us a lot to be happy about these last couple of seasons.
Could be right. Next year will look different for us. I wouldn't put much stock in the JV record. We hardly ever have a good JV record. I guess we'll be thankful for our awful conference next year. Lol.

Is it just me or did the Burns OC not have his best play calling night? Did I hear right when they brought the bigger back in they only ran him 2 times?

And I thought the dogs went deep way way way too much with the zero routes were there all night.....Any way it goes Bunker Hill won and I congratulate them... Burns found themselves in a hole early and never climbed all the way out but had plenty of chances....

Those Bulldog seniors, Ive watched since 1st grade, sad to see their careers end, I pulled for those kids.... Best of luck to those boys... .Good kids......

Last edited:
Is it just me or did the Burns OC not have his best play calling night? Did I hear right when they brought the bigger back in they only ran him 2 times?

And I thought the dogs went deep way way way too much with the zero routes were there all night.....Any way it goes Bunker Hill won and I congratulate them... Burns found themselves in a hole early and never climbed all the way out but had plenty of chances....

Those Bulldog seniors, Ive watched since 1st grade, sad to sere their careers end, I pulled for those kids.... Best of luck to those boys... .Good kids......
The only thing I can think is they were trying to keep Wilson healthy on defense. I think Tom said 2 carries for 18 for Wilson. He runs hard.

Burns had our chances and couldn’t capitalize. Defense stepped up and played a pretty good game. BH DL was in the backfield all night long and couldn’t get a run game going at any point. Couple injuries didn’t help and for sure hated to see Ben’s career end the way it did. BH will have their hands full next week as would we had we won tonight. It’s Burns high till I die!!

I just realized I got into talking about the game ins and outs but I didn’t do the first thing I should have done and said Congrats to Bunker Hill. You played your game and won. The second half was some damn good defense between both and it was fun to watch. Burns may be banged up but that’s not an excuse. BH won fair and square.
Good luck next week. Honestly I think Monroe may win but crazier things have happened. I’m pulling for BH and would be just fine with the big upset.

I just realized I got into talking about the game ins and outs but I didn’t do the first thing I should have done and said Congrats to Bunker Hill. You played your game and won. The second half was some damn good defense between both and it was fun to watch. Burns may be banged up but that’s not an excuse. BH won fair and square.
Good luck next week. Honestly I think Monroe may win but crazier things have happened. I’m pulling for BH and would be just fine with the big upset.
Thank you ! And who ever the short stockey dude is on defense comes to lay the boom

I could be way off but bunker hill is way too predictable on play calling . This is only time I’ve watched them but monroe should have little trouble stopping their offense. Again I could be wrong

Was shocked burns QB played. I’m glad he sucked it up and played when he wasn’t 100% that’s true grit and dedication. I think if burns would have got a better start in the game it would have been a different story on the outcome. But give BH credit they are great and their coach called some greats plays last night. interested to see what they can do on Monroe though.

@Chopper747 Tarheel fan 1 is no longer impressed. Just 24 hrs ago, Monroe was his biggest concern. Following the games last night from his iPhone, he thought to himself, Monroe was overrated, and got exposed. Now, he’s sees BH vs Monroe as a real battle next week, a possible toss up.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingbluedevil
No dog in next week’s fight with Monroe and BH, but I wouldn’t be lol-ing. Monroe is legit. Not saying you guys aren’t, but Monroe is different.
We all have thought that.I have had them no.1 in all of 2A, all season long. But, the fact remains, they still struggled last night, against a team they were heavily favored to beat. Monroe and its fanbase held their butts tight the entire game. I like them and their coach, but their “scare factor” took a major hit last night.

@Chopper747 Tarheel fan 1 is no longer impressed. Just 24 hrs ago, Monroe was his biggest concern. Following the games last night from his iPhone, he thought to himself, Monroe was overrated, and got exposed. Now, he’s sees BH vs Monroe as a real battle next week, a possible toss up.

No they still are a major concern. I agreed with chopper’s response. but you and I both know they aren’t unstoppable

Reactions: Lion Attack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT