ADVERTISEMENT

Rosewood beats James Kenan.

Wow. I know this is an upset, but how big of an upset is this from all our friends down east?

Really don't know how Rosewood is this year but if they are anything like past years this is a huge upset

That's kind of what I was wondering bolt. Was this a game where it was assumed that JK would win with ease. Big congrats to Rosewood. I sure would hate to face JK in the next couple of weeks!

That's crazy! Rosewood improves to improves to 5-2 with losses to Aycock (2-3) and Midway (4-1). Should be another good game between them and Lakewood next week.

james kenan didn't establish a balanced offense. rosewood has a balanced offense with three very skilled and quick athletes at qb,rb, and receiver. the rosewood offensive coaches had the tigers controlled, tonight. have to think rosewood surprised them a little with the skill of those three athletes.

you could not write the scipt for a movie any better....team wins against all odds in the final seconds. game over. james kenan has been wounded and now they are going too roar. my rosewood eagles will take each game one at a time , and i hope these young men realize that lakewood high as north-duplin awaits them soon and these are well coached teams. last night. i watched a great football game.

Good game by both, 47yrd field goal with 1.7 seconds left was the deciding score, one game won't define the Tigers year.

Makes me wish I was still in that neck of the woods. I might have been there for that one. Congratulations to the Eagles.

jsc...miss,miss youre wonderful coverage of my eagles,as princeton,north duplin,spring creek. folks up west have got a great!!! reporter!!

Reactions: jsc1973
Thanks. As I told a Princeton friend on Facebook, I'd very likely still be there if the papers hadn't been sold. I came to Mount Airy in mid-September. The best team out this way is East Surry, and they're looking as good as anyone in the 1-A West. We've actually discussed JK and Wallace in our newsroom, with the added perspective that I actually saw JK play before I left Mount Olive. They were playing Southern Wayne, and you can't tell a lot from a game like that, but I did think they might be a little more beatable than they typically are. And then they beat Wallace by 18 points and handled that potential trap game down at East Carteret, which is a tough team.

I guess now Rosewood factors into the discussion, too. If you can beat James Kenan, you can beat anybody.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT