ADVERTISEMENT

Rocky mount vs South Point 3A state championship

I think having him at LB was the best for SP while he was there. The ROI with him at LB is far greater than with him at FB....... hard to argue with the numbers #32 was putting up as well. #44 wouldn't have been leaps and bounds better than him but he was irreplaceable at LB.

I saw them play as youngsters growing up through middle school...I disagree about the FB numbers.
I think #44 would likely have been a top 2 FB in school history if put there. You're probably right- better to have him on D because we definitely needed him there, but in the last 15 years our fullbacks have the same stats year in and out no matter who is there **depending on how many games played. It's the system that produces numbers to a degree....would've just loved to have had a really good athlete there like we had when Bray was at that position given how heavily we rely on it.

I saw them play as youngsters growing up through middle school...I disagree about the FB numbers.
I think #44 would likely have been a top 2 FB in school history if put there. You're probably right- better to have him on D because we definitely needed him there, but in the last 15 years our fullbacks have the same stats year in and out no matter who is there **depending on how many games played. It's the system that produces numbers to a degree....would've just loved to have had a really good athlete there like we had when Bray was at that position given how heavily we rely on it.

You kind of just proved my point..... the fullbacks are successful because of the system. Keep in mind #32 just completed the 2nd highest single season rushing total in SP history.

You kind of just proved my point..... the fullbacks are successful because of the system. Keep in mind #32 just completed the 2nd highest single season rushing total in SP history.
Yeah I know. But, he also probably had the best OL since 2003. I know what you mean...it's a system/numbers game. But, our OL and DL was the strength of the team this year and we have about 10-15 guys on the team that could've duplicated that effort. I am saying I would love to have seen one of those top 3-4 athletes on the team at the position to see if instead of 1900 yards it might have been 2500 yards and unstoppable behind such a good OL and with an edge threat like we had at QB.

Yeah I know. But, he also probably had the best OL since 2003. I know what you mean...it's a system/numbers game. But, our OL and DL was the strength of the team this year and we have about 10-15 guys on the team that could've duplicated that effort. I am saying I would love to have seen one of those top 3-4 athletes on the team at the position to see if instead of 1900 yards it might have been 2500 yards and unstoppable behind such a good OL and with an edge threat like we had at QB.

Fair enough.... I understand what you are saying. I think, this year more than others, we under-utilized talent on the offensive side of the ball. We had several guys that had edge speed that never were given the chance to show it. We tried the edge a lot...... but the ball was in the wrong hands.

Yeah- skill wise agree with that. This was not a fast team, but a very solid team. A lot of core OL/DL and a few really nice skill players. Hurt losing #20 because he could've helped on that edge pitch threat. I've heard that kid was a stud when he was younger from guys I know. He got JV offensive POY as a 9th grader. Would have loved to have him out there on Friday night. I guess things work out like they do for a reason though.

Would loved to have seen #34 at FB a little bit as well in games throughout the year when we were up by 3 plus TDs. I hope they give him a chance next year. I worry about next year because as "not fast" as we were this year, we will be half that speed next year.

Yeah- skill wise agree with that. This was not a fast team, but a very solid team. A lot of core OL/DL and a few really nice skill players. Hurt losing #20 because he could've helped on that edge pitch threat. I've heard that kid was a stud when he was younger from guys I know. He got JV offensive POY as a 9th grader. Would have loved to have him out there on Friday night. I guess things work out like they do for a reason though.

Would loved to have seen #34 at FB a little bit as well in games throughout the year when we were up by 3 plus TDs. I hope they give him a chance next year. I worry about next year because as "not fast" as we were this year, we will be half that speed next year.

QB will be the biggest question in my eyes.... Wouldn't be surprised to see the kid from BMS on varsity next year given the lack of overall depth for the next few years at skill slots.

Totally agree DeBoer31. #20 was the missing piece of the "triple option" and unfortunately ML seemed to never really trust his other wingbacks. #70 was also a run stopping force on defense. Every team has injuries at this time of the year, but I'm sure those two would have given anything to be out there last Friday night.

QB will be the biggest question in my eyes.... Wouldn't be surprised to see the kid from BMS on varsity next year given the lack of overall depth for the next few years at skill slots.

LOL...man I hope you're right. I hope it's not the alternative option. I'd bet a lot that by mid to season end the alternative option will somehow be playing QB though. Even if it's the old "throw the new guy in til he fails, shrug shoulders and say 'well we gotta go with this other one because nobody else is better' "...which is what I think will happen at that position.

Totally agree DeBoer31. #20 was the missing piece of the "triple option" and unfortunately ML seemed to never really trust his other wingbacks. #70 was also a run stopping force on defense. Every team has injuries at this time of the year, but I'm sure those two would have given anything to be out there last Friday night.

There was still speed on the team to put at wings...... #30, #25, #34 all had it.

There was still speed on the team to put at wings...... #30, #25, #34 all had it.
h#ll #10 can outrun all those guys save 25. He is taller with longer strides so a little deceptive. We have decent wing players - they are just unutilized the last decade or so except for a year or two.

h#ll #10 can outrun all those guys save 25. He is taller with longer strides so a little deceptive. We have decent wing players - they are just unutilized the last decade or so except for a year or two.

I generally agree with the things you say.......but if you think #10 outruns any of those guys you are delusional. You are right.... he is deceptive; he is slower than he looks.

Perhaps the most stunning event of this evenly matched athletic event is when one of the Time Warner Cable announces ceremoniously announced, " I hear a distant choir softly singing, Mister Machio has entered the stadium. " As the camera swung around to show five or six maidens slangin' flowers at Mister Machio's feet every single step he took, the surreal-ness of the event suddenly clicked. . So to answer the original posters inquiry of " What Was The Most Memorable Part of Championship Weekend, " I'd have to say when Mister Machio entered the stadium and all them maidens slangin' flowers whenever he decided to take another step, often fooling the maidens when he juked and jived them into slangin' flowers when he really didn't take a step, commencin' Mister Machio's entourage to break out in unbridled and uncontrollable laughter as the maidens picked up the flowers at Mister Machio's feet, as they anxiously awaited his next step so they could slang the flowers upon the ground in which he strolled and sashayed.

I generally agree with the things you say.......but if you think #10 outruns any of those guys you are delusional. You are right.... he is deceptive; he is slower than he looks.
LMAO. Ok...I know you don't agree but I bet if you put them in a foot race he'd outrun all of them except 25. All the rest of them are 5'5!!! It'll take 3 of their strides to equal one of his. That was a good comeback though....lol

Perhaps the most stunning event of this evenly matched athletic event is when one of the Time Warner Cable announces ceremoniously announced, " I hear a distant choir softly singing, Mister Machio has entered the stadium. " As the camera swung around to show five or six maidens slangin' flowers at Mister Machio's feet every single step he took, the surreal-ness of the event suddenly clicked. . So to answer the original posters inquiry of " What Was The Most Memorable Part of Championship Weekend, " I'd have to say when Mister Machio entered the stadium and all them maidens slangin' flowers whenever he decided to take another step, often fooling the maidens when he juked and jived them into slangin' flowers when he really didn't take a step, commencin' Mister Machio's entourage to break out in unbridled and uncontrollable laughter as the maidens picked up the flowers at Mister Machio's feet, as they anxiously awaited his next step so they could slang the flowers upon the ground in which he strolled and sashayed.

that happened. But you forgot about the 2 midget women I have in the front carrying around my package in that wheelbarrow. It confuses some, it inspires some, it enthralls all.

that happened. But you forgot about the 2 midget women I have in the front carrying around my package in that wheelbarrow. It confuses some, it inspires some, it enthralls all.

I was at the game but saw no such procession. Of course, if this happened during the actual game, I was paying attention to those young men on the field. Chachi, you didn't come to see me. Where did you sit?

In the lap of 7 sirens. I was fed grapes by my lovelies. We belly laughed about Crest9496's style and crestrulz's haircut for 10 minutes, prior to the start of the game. I would have met you if you would've had that platter of sandwiches ready.

I bet you paying attention to the young men on the field, you devil you. Where did you sit? Amongst the commoners?

In the lap of 7 sirens. I was fed grapes by my lovelies. We belly laughed about Crest9496's style and crestrulz's haircut for 10 minutes, prior to the start of the game. I would have met you if you would've had that platter of sandwiches ready.

I bet you paying attention to the young men on the field, you devil you. Where did you sit? Amongst the commoners?
LOL. -lunatic.
While you were being fed grapes, no dog in the fight was being fed a banana by a husky male.

I was sitting in section 125 - on the two rows in front of me were family members of #78. Directly behind me a former mayor of Belmont; a little further down on the row behind were Easy Raider and his family. During the halftime, I spoke to #20s dad and aunt whom I knew from high school - they were across the aisle in sec 126 and one row up from me. I also met stick92, CatholicCougar14, Cagle89 and some of the mods from CP.

I hear ya Odysseus.....

I hear ya Odysseus.....
He must have been at the Crest game and not the SP game.

He strolled into the venue like Moses as the maidens slung reddish type roses
The distant choir sang distantly in the background.
Maidens gladly fed him grapes as they modeled their fake fur capes
They'd found them in the Goodwill Lost and Found.

The choir members sang delta funk and most appeared as if half drunk
Mister Machio would speak with them individually
He spoke similar to an English Sire and told them their asses he'd fire
They'd be sobriety and respectability.

All the rose slangin' maidens were smitten as Mister Machio tickled all their kittens
Some had called him The Junior John Shaft
He wore them extra dark sunshades and adored them Waffle House babes
Would snare 'em up similar to a shark gaff.

He had hired two midgets named Ronda and Gidget
To push the Home Depot wheelbarrow
Ronda looked like Janis Joplin with both sisters freely floppin'
Gidget looked simillar to a skanked out Mia Farrow.

All the rose pedals had been thrown and the choir had forgotten the songs
MIster Machio mumbled, " I still have my sweet thang, Gidget. "
Good luck to the red and black to the Ship they'll for sure be back
High five to the Belmont Red Midgets.

Still here. SP lost to an equal team, not better or worse. A classic game where any one of several events would have brought another championship home. It just didn't work out this time but the Raiders gave it everything they had, maybe more. At 1 - 2 early in the season and behind Lincolnton in game 4 at halftime, who would have thought this team would play for a championship, or even get in the playoffs? You could have gotten big time odds with that bet. Very proud of this team and what they accomplished this year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT