ADVERTISEMENT

ROBBINSVILLE KNIGHTS

vikingfan08

Feb 21, 2005
Just wondering what surprised you about the VIKINGS? Or were they who yall expected them to be? It's been mighty quiet since Satuday... Normally the KNIGHT fans are everywhere, just wondering what the thoughts on the game were. Can't believe we can't have a civil back an forth on here. If ROBBINSVILLE had won, there would be a 5 page conversation about the season. Now that the VIKINGS won I guess we have nothing to talk about?

Reactions: gal durnit
It's over, you all won. You all played better than R'ville this year, end of story. When you all get 13 you will be equal with R'ville, you all aren't the only team trying to get equal.

It's over, you all won. You all played better than R'ville this year, end of story. When you all get 13 you will be equal with R'ville, you all aren't the only team trying to get equal.
Why the hostility? Sore losers? I just wanted another teams fan bases perspective. And like I suspected, that cant happen because yall are just gonna talk about the rings yall won when they played with leather helmets! I know Robbinsville has some fans with pride, and can talk civilly.. I guess you arent one of those..

Last edited:
I honestly thought that R-Ville was going to win this game, but I am extremely happy that Plymouth won. Plymouth has been a power house in the east for quite some time. The SMC won most of their titles when Adam and Eve were in the garden of Eden.....I don't like anything about the SMC. Congrats.

Reactions: vikingfan08
I thought it could go either way. Sounded like a good game. I know Plymouth has been tough with Murphy splitting to classic games with them. I kinda hate that Murphy will probably be 1AA next year and they'll probably not be a chance for a rubber match between the two. Congrats on a great year

Reactions: vikingfan08
Just wondering what surprised you about the VIKINGS? Or were they who yall expected them to be? It's been mighty quiet since Satuday... Normally the KNIGHT fans are everywhere, just wondering what the thoughts on the game were. Can't believe we can't have a civil back an forth on here. If ROBBINSVILLE had won, there would be a 5 page conversation about the season. Now that the VIKINGS won I guess we have nothing to talk about?
I thought teams were pretty equal , both teams had costly turnovers , both teams had big plays , I didn't think robbinsvilles QB played his best game , especially first 3 quarters , Plymouth looked a little different on offense since we played them , QB not running much , and no Hollinsworth.

I honestly thought that R-Ville was going to win this game, but I am extremely happy that Plymouth won. Plymouth has been a power house in the east for quite some time. The SMC won most of their titles when Adam and Eve were in the garden of Eden.....I don't like anything about the SMC. Congrats.

Why not like the SMC? Is it because we are always competitive with no matter who we play?

I thought Plymouth came out with a lot more intensity to start the game, the offensive line was very physical and open huge lanes to run through. Throw in the turnovers and the defense playing great and it was more than Robbinsville could overcome in the 4th quarter. Impressive comeback just too far down. Great game to watch.

Let me try to explain: Yes it would be a 5+ page thread. It would be between supporters of the SMC. It would be based on years of tradition, rivalry and at times old fashion hatred. If you will notice a Swain fan liked your post. It is a tough club to gain admission to, it is really tough if you are an outsider, it is just not the same. What is your history with the SMC? 4 games? Your team has been very good lately but it doesn't bring the same jolt of adrenaline as the matchup of 2 SMC schools.

Why not like the SMC? Is it because we are always competitive with no matter who we play?

Nope, because you guys think you are the "Gods" gift to man when it comes to football and your not. But I do give you guys credit for playing a really tough non-conference schedule this year and not try to pad the win column so you can get home field advantage like you've done in the past. I would like to see you guys play more teams out of Mecklenburg and Cleveland County. Albemarle has played a really tough non-conference schedule the last 3 years, can't say it helped us, but people can't say we haven't played anybody.

A little surprised about the lack of discussion form a couple of posters but then again not really. I know what it is like to be on both sides of a championship outcome. Sometimes you are flat out beaten by a better team and sometimes you feel like you might have let one slip away that you should have had. Not saying that either of these mindsets are how the Black Knight faithful feel but could be. Both teams had tremendous seasons and both will be right in the thick of 1A next year as well.

Nope, because you guys think you are the "Gods" gift to man when it comes to football and your not. But I do give you guys credit for playing a really tough non-conference schedule this year and not try to pad the win column so you can get home field advantage like you've done in the past. I would like to see you guys play more teams out of Mecklenburg and Cleveland County. Albemarle has played a really tough non-conference schedule the last 3 years, can't say it helped us, but people can't say we haven't played anybody.

Sway, who would you suggest we play out of those counties you mentioned?

Reactions: Knightsfan64
A little surprised about the lack of discussion form a couple of posters but then again not really. I know what it is like to be on both sides of a championship outcome. Sometimes you are flat out beaten by a better team and sometimes you feel like you might have let one slip away that you should have had. Not saying that either of these mindsets are how the Black Knight faithful feel but could be. Both teams had tremendous seasons and both will be right in the thick of 1A next year as well.
I watched both games on TW and it appeared that the best team won in both games.

I get so tired of this argument. Up until last year Robbinsville had won 1 bogus title in the last 30 years. 30 years.... Let that sink in. I say bogus because Murphy hung 40 on you in 92 and was not eligible for the playoffs. So you have 2 titles in the last 30 years, sounds a little more relevant.

I get so tired of this argument. Up until last year Robbinsville had won 1 bogus title in the last 30 years. 30 years.... Let that sink in. I say bogus because Murphy hung 40 on you in 92 and was not eligible for the playoffs. So you have 2 titles in the last 30 years, sounds a little more relevant.
Sway, who would you suggest we play out of those counties you mentioned?
Really Mecklenburg county

There are much better teams to play in the Atlanta/N Georgia area that are much closer than Mecklenburg County if the SMC chose to go that way lol. If Mecklenburg wanted a reality check and upgrade to THIER schedules call up any of Grayson, Archer, Mill Creek, N Gwinnett, Buford, Cartersville, Tucker, Norcoss, McEachern, Roswell, Gainesville, Sandy Creek, Marist, Great Atlanta Christian etc etc the list is miles long of superb competition that Meck teams could play instead of the SMC. Just a quick 2.5 hour trip down 85 from Meck and there are DOZENS of quality teams to see how u stack up.

Reactions: NC nole fan
Are you ever going to get over the 92 season cold dough? LOL R'ville put 30 on Franklin (the 2A State champs in 76) in 76, Do R'ville posters ever get on here and claim the 76 2A championship, NO.... Murphy had a good team in 92, the only thing wrong with that was they had to many students enrolled to be a 1A team. Facts are facts.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Are you ever going to get over the 92 season cold dough? LOL R'ville put 30 on Franklin (the 2A State champs in 76) in 76, Do R'ville posters ever get on here and claim the 76 2A championship, NO.... Murphy had a good team in 92, the only thing wrong with that was they had to many students enrolled to be a 1A team. Facts are facts.

I just gave you 30 years worth of facts......

@gal durnit, I believe that there are only three choices in Cleveland County (Shelby, Crest,Burns). Shelby has won it three times in a row for 2A and I believe Crest has won it twice back to back in 3AA if I'm not mistaken. Matter of fact, Albemarle played Concord who made it all the way to the 3rd round and got smacked by Crest. No one can say that Albemarle hasn't played anyone.

As far as the competition on Mecklenburg verse GA, yes GA has some really good competition, but @knine1 are you saying that a team from GA would come in and totally demolish teams in NC preferably Meck County? and that Murphy is playing tougher competition in GA verses Mecklenburg? Pick any 4A team from Mecklenburg besides Garinger and I have them beating any team in SMC by at least 5 TD's. Charlotte Country Day absolutely took R-Ville to the woodshed...

Sway, Not sure how this thread got off topic so much but what sense would it make for an SMC school to schedule a game that far away? I mean did you draw two counties out of a hat or was their some reason for picking those two? Congrats for Albemarle for playing Concord. Who said you all didn't play anyone? In fact I don't remember anyone talking about Albemarle for a couple of years now. Sounds to me like you have an ax to grind. You are seriously calling out SMC teams to play 4A/AA teams from the Charlotte area? If those teams would beat SMC teams by 5 TD's, what would they beat the wack teams from your conference by, other than WM? You seriously just challenged 1A schools to play 4A schools in Charlotte? Come on man! You clearly have hatred for the SMC and that hatred is causing you to post some absolutely asinine things. So since you are talking big...outside of playing Concord, who has Albemarle played out of conference and how have they done let's say over the last few years? How many times have you all played Crest, Shelby, Burns, Mallard Creek, Myers Park, Charlotte Country Day? And they ar ein your back yard. You need to get off the sauce and pump the breaks on your obvious blind hatred for the SMC. Support your Blue Dogs or whoever you all will be in the next couple years, and try to become a relevant program again.

I still don't understand why people keep trying to throw bring up this argument that Murphy, or any other SMC school, needs to prove themselves by going and scheduling a 4A school lol. I mean Murphy has scheduled its fair share of larger schools to play, including Asheville previously, and I know other SMC schools attempt to play slightly larger schools (ex. Franklin). But to get on here and try to say teams located in the the far western counties of NC should schedule teams 3+ hours away, let alone size 4A schools, is ridiculous. I just shake my head when I see these types of posts.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and mbdfan
The SMC has won 26 1A and 1AA state ships, how many was that again your conference has won sway?

Last edited:
Why do you dislike the SMC so much is it because of some of the poster on here? Just curious

I am extremely happy that Plymouth won. Plymouth has been a power house in the east for quite some time. The SMC won most of their titles when Adam and Eve were in the garden of Eden.....I don't like anything about the SMC.
For someone who has a lot of respect for Albemarle's program, and always roots for the west representative, this is disappointing to hear.

For a conference that won most of it's titles when "Adam and Eve were in the garden of Eden" it sure seems strange then that the SMC has 4 state titles in 1AA/1A in the last 4 years and the YVC and Albemarle have ZERO.

Last edited:
Didn't R'Ville play Charlotte Country Day this Year? And they played Dade County GA. Seems to be some jealousy of the "mountain" folk. I understand that we live in God's country but C'mon man.

I'll give sway the benefit of the doubt and assume he is just stirring the pot and doesn't really believe about 99% of what he has posted in this thread.

I still don't understand why people keep trying to throw bring up this argument that Murphy, or any other SMC school, needs to prove themselves by going and scheduling a 4A school lol. I mean Murphy has scheduled its fair share of larger schools to play, including Asheville previously, and I know other SMC schools attempt to play slightly larger schools (ex. Franklin). But to get on here and try to say teams located in the the far western counties of NC should schedule teams 3+ hours away, let alone size 4A schools, is ridiculous. I just shake my head when I see these types of posts.

Murphy doesn't need to prove anything, they have a excellent program, and they will continue winning when they move up to 1AA, that's what the Bulldogs do.

SMC has one 1AA championship in the last 15 years. If you are going to brag just brag on small 1a.
considering all of those years besides 2 or 3, there's only been one SMC team at a time playing 1AA football, and that was in the mid/late 00's when Murphy and Swain were both way down. So I don't see your point, 1AA/1A changes nothing, a title is a title.

For at least the next couple of years there will probably be two SMC teams in 1AA and I'm willing to bet the conference gets another 1AA title during that time frame, care to wager?

Last edited:
Same old story wait till next year. 1AA SMC does not dominate. With WRH JK on the east side and a more balanced west side don't see any titles coming your way. In small 1a SMC does dominate. No disrespect intended just facts since the split.

Same old story wait till next year. 1AA SMC does not dominate. With WRH JK on the east side and a more balanced west side don't see any titles coming your way. In small 1a SMC does dominate. No disrespect intended just facts since the split.
How about this little fact since the split: In 2011, Murphy won the 1a title and Swain won the 1aa title! That's two state champs for the SMC in one season! I'd say the SMC holds it's own. Oh and since you mentioned WRH and JK, ask WRH fans what they thought about Murphy in 2010 and see what they tell you.

Wow. Just can't stand it when someone points out the SMC doesn't dominate 1AA. Didn't say they where bad teams. Why so defensive? But one title in last 15 years is not dominating. Yall dominated 1 year with both titles, congratulations. But still one title in 15 years in 1AA. So what I'm saying is a fact.

Wow. Just can't stand it when someone points out the SMC doesn't dominate 1AA. Didn't say they where bad teams. Why so defensive? But one title in last 15 years is not dominating. Yall dominated 1 year with both titles, congratulations. But still one title in 15 years in 1AA. So what I'm saying is a fact.
Nope. Not being defensive, just pointing out facts. You seem to be the one who has a problem. What's your beef with the SMC?

But just to address your "fact", the SMC is a conference full of SMALL 1a teams. Even the two teams that play or have played in the 1aa playoffs (Murphy and Swain) are the among the smallest in 1aa. So of course the SMC hasn't "dominated" the 1aa. But the SMC is still the ONLY conference to win both titles in the same year. What's your point again?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT