ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville vs swo

Lol, I'm sure he'd agree. I know in Winston Salem the score was close but honestly our kicker kept us in that game. If not for him the score could've been much worse. In 2018 we should've won, that game should've been an easy win for us. Reidsville ain't no joke!! This will definitely be a tough test for Swo. When you consider playing on the road at the best program in the entire state, long road trip, I only have the Stallions winning by 8-10 pts. They're not going there thinking theyre going to lose.

I agree that y'all had us matched pretty good in 18, that was the best coaching I've seen from coach teague in a game I think. NE defense was rushing us hard in first half, coach put in that counter play in second half and NE DL bit on it bout every time, I don't think I had seen that counter play all year. Then when they figured out they couldn't rush so hard it opened the passing game back up. Your right about 19 too, it could have been much worse than it was.

I agree that y'all had us matched pretty good in 18, that was the best coaching I've seen from coach teague in a game I think. NE defense was rushing us hard in first half, coach put in that counter play in second half and NE DL bit on it bout every time, I don't think I had seen that counter play all year. Then when they figured out they couldn't rush so hard it opened the passing game back up. Your right about 19 too, it could have been much worse than it was.

As goob said, the kicking game kept them in it. Northeastern d line played a major role as well. They have a 4a looking d line.

Rams are extremely balanced ... 1164 yards rushing with 17 TDs and 1093 passing with 20 TDs.
Per game, that's 376 total yards while opponents have 103.7 yards. Stats could be more impressive if they hadn't had 5 running clock games.

Stevian is right there with Lionel long and Canada. That’s a huge compliment

Reactions: UNC91 and Rammer16
How well does SWO swarm the ball and how well do they tackle? Stevian is very hard to bring down. Not many guys bring him down one one one. Is your big lineman as quick 350 pounder?

Reactions: UNC91
How well does SWO swarm the ball and how well do they tackle? Stevian is very hard to bring down. Not many guys bring him down one one one. Is your big lineman as quick 350 pounder?
As I said in an earlier post they go to the ball real well. D is in the backfield a lot, but being young they get hands on but sometimes fail to wrap up. Hill the big ole boy if he gets a hand on em they dont go no where. He is one who can just knock em down. I've seen film where he takes out 2-3 linemen and puts them in the dirt, just like bowling pins by blasting one into the others. He's good at holding the line and then the rest swarm in. You wont move him very often even with a double team on him.

I watched a little bit of the Trask game online. They appeared to be one of the smallest varsity teams I've ever seen. I actually double checked to see if hit a JV game vs varsity. SW back looked fast but hard to compare against the competition

I watched a little bit of the Trask game online. They appeared to be one of the smallest varsity teams I've ever seen. I actually double checked to see if hit a JV game vs varsity. SW back looked fast but hard to compare against the competition
Very hard to tell, trask is horrible.

Reactions: daagoob
The Sheep Herders of Reidsville have their mangy Ram out with all the Ewes grazing on the field to get ready for the Big Roundup Friday night. Hope they get out with their Pooper-Scoopers and clean up before we come on the field ..... :eek:

SWO used to have real stallions at the game. They belonged to a cheer leaders dad I think. They would run up and down the side lines before the game. Only lasted one season so I guess the cheer leader left or some one stepped in it, Coach Padgett probably .... LOL

This is what it looks like when the Orange Crush Defense knocks it out of em.

close-up-black-color-sheep-excrement-green-grass-ground-natural-fertilizer-manure-agriculture-goat-shit-pile-sheeps-147001353.jpg

I think the recipe for SWO success would be: 1) on offense - get into the backfield quickly whether it’s a run or pass. 2) on offense - long sustained time consuming drives.
3) hope Reidsville’s coach
can’t make adjustments.

I think #3 will not happen so 1&2 must be a certainty.

All that to say - I will be pulling for the Stallions but it will be a long row to hoe.

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
I think the recipe for SWO success would be: 1) on offense - get into the backfield quickly whether it’s a run or pass. 2) on offense - long sustained time consuming drives.
can’t make adjustments.

All that to say - I will be pulling for the Stallions but it will be a long row to hoe.
Why would you think that the Reidsville coach will have to make any adjustments?

If SWO gets into the backfield at will he will have too and I feel confident he could. Can’t be around as long as he has with that much success and not have a “what if” plan. I am not saying SWO can do that.

Last edited:
can’t make adjustments.

If you get in the backfield too quick a 5 yard pass to Pass could be six points.

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
I agree with all the above posts in favor of Reidsville. Any or all of it may very well happen. Been there done that on both ends of the ugly stick. Beat some with it and been beatin with it. Bottom line is we're just happy to be there this screwed up season. The boys get a chance at the #1 2A team in the state, some ( a whole lot ) wont get that chance. No fun in a first round game against bottom feeders. And some would say thats what the Rams think of this one. In any case let it all hang out, no mercy and no prisoners. I will be the first to congratulate the winner as soon as the whistle blows at the end of the game. Besides I'm at the river again Saturday for two weeks and IF we do lose I wont be thinking at all about football till August. Have a great game. I'll be on here with the Play-by-Play.

it can be done. When South Point beat Shelby a couple weeks ago, ball control (eating clock) played a huge role. SP was also able to force some turnovers. If I remember correctly Shelby was a 21 point favorite.

How many rushing yards did y'all have in that game?

Only thing Reidsville has got to worry about is getting a slow start. But then again I've seen Reidsville make great adjustments against WRH and twice against NE. I got the Rams BIG

wow////that's almost unheard of today...not the 404 yds. (impressive)....but not a single pass attempt....don;t think I've ever seen a Reidsville game with no pass attempts..and I'm 70 yrs. old.............
If it ain’t broke....don’t fix it!
That was Maiden’s Coach Brown.... I think his record for calling the same play was 18 times in a row!
We’ll run it til they stop it! Boys!

Last edited:
wow////that's almost unheard of today...not the 404 yds. (impressive)....but not a single pass attempt....don;t think I've ever seen a Reidsville game with no pass attempts..and I'm 70 yrs. old.............
Unless SP is behind, I mean got to throw behind they rarely throw the ball more than once or twice a game. Those throws are just to keep the defense honest. SP threw the ball more against Chase the last game of the season than they did the rest of the season combined, That was the only game with a TD pass I’m sure.

Just thinking about Kyle Pinnix (QB from Reidsvile) is a senior 3 year starter and has thrown 100 touchdown passes in 38 games...I would guess it would take South Point several years to come up with that many TD's on receiving the ball via the airways.....but I do know they run it good......................

Just thinking about Kyle Pinnix (QB from Reidsvile) is a senior 3 year starter and has thrown 100 touchdown passes in 38 games...I would guess it would take South Point several years to come up with that many TD's on receiving the ball via the airways.....but I do know they run it good......................
Those are some impressive numbers.

For some reason I can't find the stats for this shortened season (6 games)...other that the fact he has thrown 18 td passes and only 1 interception.

His stats for his soph. and junior year are 300 completions out of 511 attempts for 5,383 yards .....with 82 touchdown passes and 12 interception..................(that would be 32 games...since Rams played 16 games both years)...................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT