ADVERTISEMENT

REIDSVILLE SCRIMMAGE VS EAST FORSYTH AND N. GUILFORD

TheMule

Feb 5, 2003
Lenox Castle, NC
East Forsyth may be a top ranked 4A school preseason but they got smacked in the face this morning by the little 2A Rams defense. The East offense scored no TDs and had trouble even moving the ball at all.

Northern Guilford scored late against mostly Ram starters with a few backups in.

Rams offense scored against both teams. QBs Lee and Denny shared time. Defenses not allowed to hit the QBs.

Highly touted DE and H Back Kendra Harrison did not play, nursing an ankle sprain.

Rams scrimmage McMichael Friday night, 7 pm, in Community Stadium.

I was there too. I spoke to the EF DC afterwards. East stayed in there Base D and ran 1 blitz all day. Now before you start getting too excited it was just a scrimmage not a real game and East Forsyth sat there 3 best WRs on offense including CPC player of the yr and Duke commit Que'sean Brown & there 4.4 slot WR Levine Smith. They sat their big 6'4 320lb DT cause he missed a practice and one of their CBs. From what I'm hearing 5 starters we're out due to missing a practice or just holding out cause they didnt want them playing that many snaps in such a short amout of time in between since they play Friday Night too. With all that said your little 2A Rams did look pretty good but quit acting like you smacked anyone around. You guys scored 1 or so TD on East in 40-50 plays.

• Haha
Reactions: LC3III and New3ra
I was there too. I spoke to the EF DC afterwards. East stayed in there Base D and ran 1 blitz all day. Now before you start getting too excited it was just a scrimmage not a real game and East Forsyth sat there 3 best WRs on offense including CPC player of the yr and Duke commit Que'sean Brown & there 4.4 slot WR Levine Smith. They sat their big 6'4 320lb DT cause he missed a practice and one of their CBs. From what I'm hearing 5 starters we're out due to missing a practice or just holding out cause they didnt want them playing that many snaps in such a short amout of time in between since they play Friday Night too. With all that said your little 2A Rams did look pretty good but quit acting like you smacked anyone around. You guys scored 1 or so TD on East in 40-50 plays.

I don’t mind your take though. It’s just a scrimmage and reidsville usually rotated out a lot as well.
However, I think we would smack your nwg Vikings this year, or any if the past 3 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Warhead1
When Coach Woodruff was here I remember we came to Reidsville and put the smack down on the Rams. Once he left our next HC was awful didn't listen to anyone totally dismantled the team and the coaching staff. Our best Asst Coach is the DC at East Forsyth. When he went to East they started winning State Titles and we went to crap. Thats when I started following East. When our new HC Kevin Wallace took over it was a total rebuild job. Sad to think in 2013 we Finished Top 5 in the entire 4AA. Just a 3 years later we were back to only winning 3 games. Coach Wallace has been up against more than you would ever know and if you guys had to endure what he has with our awful Admin you guys wouldn't win any games either. With all that said we are finally getting back to similar level of where we were under Woody but I doubt we ever get back to those days.

When Coach Woodruff was here I remember we came to Reidsville and put the smack down on the Rams. Once he left our next HC was awful didn't listen to anyone totally dismantled the team and the coaching staff. Our best Asst Coach is the DC at East Forsyth. When he went to East they started winning State Titles and we went to crap. Thats when I started following East. When our new HC Kevin Wallace took over it was a total rebuild job. Sad to think in 2013 we Finished Top 5 in the entire 4AA. Just a 3 years later we were back to only winning 3 games. Coach Wallace has been up against more than you would ever know and if you guys had to endure what he has with our awful Admin you guys wouldn't win any games either. With all that said we are finally getting back to similar level of where we were under Woody but I doubt we ever get back to those days.

That was a good nwg team, would have taken one of our stronger teams to beat them.

Reactions: Warhead1

I remember the last time NWG played Reidsville, the parents for NWG were complaining that the Rams played too rough and POOF no more NWG vs Rams game after that anymore.

4A schools (for the most part), feel that they have little to win by playing a 2A school (no matter how strong that school is)....and if they lose...they consider it shameful..........1 classification jump either way is not considered that bad, but to lose to a school 2 classes below you......well................that being said....I put very little stock in scrimmages which is why I didn't go and will miss tonites scrimmage with McMichael (can't figure out why Reidsville is doing that with a team that is on their regular season schedule.....surely they could have found someone different)................

4A schools (for the most part), feel that they have little to win by playing a 2A school (no matter how strong that school is)....and if they lose...they consider it shameful..........1 classification jump either way is not considered that bad, but to lose to a school 2 classes below you......well................that being said....I put very little stock in scrimmages which is why I didn't go and will miss tonites scrimmage with McMichael (can't figure out why Reidsville is doing that with a team that is on their regular season schedule.....surely they could have found someone different)................

Yeah, anyone different would have been nice. Even if it is a poor team. I'm guessing they couldn't though. Yeah and I just wish people wouldn't look at classification all the time. A solid team is a solid team.

I remember the last time NWG played Reidsville, the parents for NWG were complaining that the Rams played too rough and POOF no more NWG vs Rams game after that anymore.
Different NWG team than during the Woody years. I heard a coach say some how Joe Woodruff took a White collar rich team and make them think they were a blue collar. Woody didn't care about classifications he wanted to play the most athletic teams possible and wing t them to death. Parents would complain but man I loved watching that wing t go once it got going. All I can say is be careful about what you wish for. They wanted a spread offense and Woody gone. They got that and when he left so did the Conference championships and wins. But hey... AD John Hughes got the spread and kept those annoying parents happy

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Sorry for getting you upset there Warhead. It's just not every year that one of the smallest 2A teams gets to even scrimmage against a 4A powerhouse like East Forsyth,

I must admit that it was very sporting of East Forsyth to not play their better players so the outing would be competitive. Of course, neither team showed anything but their basic offense.

I was parked near the East Forsyth bus and many of their parents. There was a lot of sad faces leaving the field, both players and coaches.

Looking forward to following your team this year. They are one of the best in our part of the world.

Where were these guys couple years ago when we beat the wheels off them during scrimmage. No one from Reidsville posted about it. Let's be consistent. We get everyone's A game scrimmage or game. Reidsville is well respected but don't get carried away buddy. Sat lots of kids.

Where were these guys couple years ago when we beat the wheels off them during scrimmage. No one from Reidsville posted about it. Let's be consistent. We get everyone's A game scrimmage or game. Reidsville is well respected but don't get carried away buddy. Sat lots of kids.

What year was this? I remember a scrimmage of reidsville vs Ef in reidsville I went to. I think
One poster is talking about it relax

I saw where Que’sean sat so I knew East didn’t care to “win” the scrimmage.

didn't realize EF/Reidsville had scrimmaged before.....but old timers like me and The Mule remember when EF/Reidsville actually played each other in a real game.....1971 East Forsyth 21 Reidsville 18....1972 Reidsville 10 East Forsyth 7..........for a four year stretch right after that Reidsville and West Forsyth were in the same conference..................

Last edited:
Kinda reminds me of how the when the school I mentioned earlier scrimmaged Independence during the Knotts years and they threw a parade and shot fireworks on here because *drum roll*.............................."we moved the ball on them, we were able to move the ball on them"
But its only the mule who even went that posted about it lol

Kinda reminds me of how the when the school I mentioned earlier scrimmaged Independence during the Knotts years and they threw a parade and shot fireworks on here because *drum roll*.............................."we moved the ball on them, we were able to move the ball on them"
Not allowed to celebrate if you 4a and beat Shelby lol just kidding Reagan probably shouldn't have celebrated during a scrimmage

Reidsville outscored EF in that scrimmage couple years ago.

East must have played everyone Friday except for Brown. Beat Rolesville 47-0. Would like for Reidsville to schedule Mt Tabor or East Forsyth one year it would probably be competitive game.

Rams outscored EF 3 to 2. Including a 2nd team TD against EF first team.

And dont forget in 2017 when Reidsville JV with maybe 25 kids beat EF JV with 80 kids

Now go back to your hole and forget the painful memories of a 2A school whooping your 4A Eagles.

Reactions: UNC_91
Frank you don't want any part of East this year

You might be right, but Im just speaking on past events that out buddy seems to have forgotten.

But then again, for what it is worth, Rams did outplay and held their own against the mighty and unbeatable East Forsyth in a scrimmage earlier this very season ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT