ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville Black Knights vs East Surry Cardinals

Robbinsville style of play rarely put up 40 points in a game. Especially not against a quality opponent. More like 28-21
Have no idea how this game goes or points scored..but Robbinsville often puts up around 40 a game. Thinking rville has averaged over 30 almost every year recently. Has a higher scoring average than most teams that play anybody. "Rarely" isn't close to being right..do some homework.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
A co worker of mine from Robbinsville said the o-line looked horrible at the scrimmage..was it really that bad?
You also got to think that was most of the boys first time every going against Varsity players. The line is young but after the first 10 plays they settled in and did alot better. Also the main 2 backs maybe got the ball 6 or 7 times through the whole scrimmage. They will be fine alot of young talent on the line just young. Had to get the nerves out of them

Robbinsville may play Mount Airy close but will not embarrass them. Take that to the bank !
If Robbinsville and MA plays it wont be a blow out. For ether team. If Robbinsville loses against them they will make sure they feel it afterwards. look what happen in 09. Robbinsville and MA played in the 4th round and MA won but Robbinsville made sure they felt them after the game had like 2 or 3 starters out for the state championship game that year

If Robbinsville and MA plays it wont be a blow out. For ether team. If Robbinsville loses against them they will make sure they feel it afterwards. look what happen in 09. Robbinsville and MA played in the 4th round and MA won but Robbinsville made sure they felt them after the game had like 2 or 3 starters out for the state championship game that year
This is not 09 and MA is bigger and stronger with that huge weight room added a few years ago. I hope they meet. Have a great season in the SMC.

Reactions: BK13T-$
You’ll never be able to convince Mt Airy fans that anyone is on their level. They pound their chest every year.

MA is not taking anybody lightly. Pounded that chest all the way to state Championship last year. Also I said against a good quality opponent

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
MA is not taking anybody lightly. Pounded that chest all the way to state Championship last year. Also I said against a good quality opponent
As they should have last year. There nothing wrong being prideful in your school especially after winning state. But other people saying they just gonna walk into the state championship this year is jumping the gun there a little bit

I don't have us on MA or Tarboro level as of now. If we had the lines of 19 or 14/15 we would be on that level with the skill players we have.
If this line develops good we could be on that level and we will faces tougher competition throughout the year which helps.

We will see. All it takes is one hiccup. Glad y’all finally got you one. Hoping Robbinsville can add number 16 this year.
MA HAS 8 AND COUNTING. MA rolled everyone in playoffs last year this season they are faster and stronger! Already have 2 D1 COMMITS AND SEVERAL OTHERS GETTING OFFERS. Coaching staff has theese young men very grounded and focused. THEY BROKE SCHOOL RECORDS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM THIS OFF SEASON. they hungry! Talks of better than 08 team and that says alot.

MA HAS 8 AND COUNTING. MA rolled everyone in playoffs last year this season they are faster and stronger! Already have 2 D1 COMMITS AND SEVERAL OTHERS GETTING OFFERS. Coaching staff has theese young men very grounded and focused. THEY BROKE SCHOOL RECORDS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM THIS OFF SEASON. they hungry! Talks of better than 08 team and that says alot.
Why don't we just hand over the state championship to them right now then. apparently no one can touch them. Idk why you upset all of a sudden and saying better than the 08 team is a bit of stretch no one came close to that team.

Why don't we just hand over the state championship to them right now then. apparently no one can touch them. Idk why you upset all of a sudden and saying better than the 08 team is a bit of stretch no one came close to that team.
We taking one game at a time. But championship is always the goal. Let's talk more after Friday. We curious to see how your game comes out.

D1 commits😂 Smoky Mountain Conference eats them for breakfast😂

Change of topic back to the Robbinsville v. East Surry game, I am interested to see how this game turns out. Robbinsville is alway physical and East Surry line is big, but I think the East linebackers vs. Robbinsville backs might be the deciding factor. Watching East the past couple years, I have been fairly impressed with the Hamm kid playing LB on varsity as a freshman and sophomore. I think he will have a good junior year. I think this will be a good game, but don't really know what to expect from East Surry on offense. I don't think they will air it out like years past and may move towards a ground game with their line. That kind of game plays into Robbinsville grit. Should be a good game for those in attendance. I am just glad high school football is back this week.

Change of topic back to the Robbinsville v. East Surry game, I am interested to see how this game turns out. Robbinsville is alway physical and East Surry line is big, but I think the East linebackers vs. Robbinsville backs might be the deciding factor. Watching East the past couple years, I have been fairly impressed with the Hamm kid playing LB on varsity as a freshman and sophomore. I think he will have a good junior year. I think this will be a good game, but don't really know what to expect from East Surry on offense. I don't think they will air it out like years past and may move towards a ground game with their line. That kind of game plays into Robbinsville grit. Should be a good game for those in attendance. I am just glad high school football is back this week.

I hope East runs. Some say Rville could have the best linebackers in 1a. I'm not sure about that but I do think we will have top three linebacker group in 1a.

I hope East runs. Some say Rville could have the best linebackers in 1a. I'm not sure about that but I do think we will have top three linebacker group in 1a.
I am sure you do. I just don't know what to expect from them this year honestly. The Boaz boys are gone now and while I doubt the talent is dry at QB, those are difficult shoes to fill after the last 5 years. A change to a shorter passing game and more ground attack with their personnel seems reasonable, but as pointed out, that plays into Robbinsville's strengths. It's a very interesting match up to start the season.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Exactly what I was thinking when I read it.

Nope wrong!!
I think Buzz and photo0001 remember that hammer .
OIP._kQz1cpXOOHiKSknKLl7yAHaHa

Last edited:
Guess that means they will be throwing it a lot and going for it on 4th down no matter how much they 'score'.

Last edited:
No.

Smc don't have JVs.
If robbinsville and MA did a regular season game, MA would have to find a team for the JV bears to play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT