ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville Black Knights vs East Surry Cardinals

East 4 and out
Adams with two 40 yd runs. One was a TD called back.
East 3 and out

Flags killing our 2nd drive also

9 flags on us. We got to clean that up.
That's the only thought of keeping East in this game

Robbinsville without best lineman too
Fixing to score again

Far west north Carolina sports has the last TD live. On Facebook.

Reactions: BlackSwarm89
Probably both I think it comes down to Robbinsville and MA in the west.
I had Druaghn in the mix until tonight. I realize Huss is 3A but they haven't had a winning season since 19-20 and I'm sure Draughn would have beaten them last year. So I don't know what's going on there maybe Huss has just vastly improved this year. Only time will tell.

Reactions: Purple1995
I was not expecting that outcome. I knew East Surry lost their best players, but I didn't think the drop off would be that significant. I was probably underestimating how good Robbinsville is as well. As another said, it is probably both. The knights are that good and the Cards are down more than at least I was thinking they would be. I thought East would have enough and a game plan to edge out a W. Congrats knights.

I did the same in the Murphy game too. Franklin usually has a strong 2a team and Murphy is young this year. That Robbinsville-Murphy game this year looks to be a entertaining one.

I was expecting Mount Airy start a little slow in the first half before getting to form too. Then they come out the gate looking like they just beat Tarboro last week with no time off. The 1a west playoffs are looking to be slugfest this year. It's been a good start to another season of HS football.

If not for the flags and the starters being pulled early it could of been much worse. Walsh always takes it easy when it obviously a mismatch. East Surry line wasn't very good.

Franklin is 3a.

I'm starting to think my original preseason picks would of been right.

I had
1.Rville
2.Murphy
3.Swain
4.Hayesville
5.Andrews
6.Cherokee
I changed it to
1.Rville
2.Swain
3.Murphy
4.Andrews
5.Hayesville
6.Cherokee

Were they 2a before realignment? I thought I remember them playing Shelby and Hibriten in the playoffs a couple years. Although Hibriten is now 3a.🤷‍♂️

They was.
Not enough free lunch pushed them up.
Same thing with Draughn. Alot of free lunch pushed the down. 1a Draughn has more kids than 2a East Surry.
WNC has zero 2a schools this side of Asheville

Robbinsville defense is legit. Other than 1 blown coverage, they did well on pass d. Run defense is on point.

Reactions: BK13T-$
When 72 get back on D line we will be better.

I noticed #4 rarely played Defense.

Is 5 ok.
I didn't see him much after that amazing catch.

Reactions: BlackSwarm89
I’m watching the game now On Demand and trying not to be rude but I had to mute the sound because the gentleman helping Kevin call the game kept talking over Kevin. I’m sure he is a great guy and was very knowledgeable of the game but it was unbearable to listen to. Lord have mercy ! It’s not good to pay $7 to watch a game and have to watch it with no commentary. Listening to the guys from Murphy over the years was bad enough but continuously interrupting and talking over someone ruined the game

• Haha
Reactions: KevinFromSwain
The guy you hear is calling the game on the stadium speakers.
Kevin is live streaming.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KevinFromSwain
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT