ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville Black Knights vs East Surry Cardinals

WickedStix9

Nov 16, 2018
Know their are a couple other threads but they didn’t seem fitting. We are 6 days away from kickoff against East Surry. With our offensive line seeming to be the weak point of the team in the preseason, we are sure to be tested by East Surry’s line. Here is what we’re up against according to MaxPreps:

#50 Tackle/DE 6’3 245lbs
#51 NG 6’0 226lbs
#56 Guard/DE 6’2 260lbs
#57 Tackle/NG 6’4 285lbs
#67 Center/Tackle 6’3 285lbs
#75 Tackle/DT 6’6 260lbs
#77 DT 6’0 305lbs
These are the listed lineman on East Surry’s MaxPreps. Here’s who they’re up against:

#50 Center/DT 6’0 240lbs
#52 Tackle/DT 5’9 250lbs
#54 Guard/MLB 5’9 215 lbs
#55 Guard/DT 6’2 240lbs
#56 Guard/DT 6’1 220lbs
#62 Tackle/DT 5’10 270lbs
#63 Guard 6’0 240lbs
#65 Tackle/DT 5’10 250lbs
#71 Tackle/DT 5’10 285lbs
#72 Guard/DT 6’0 270lbs
#74 Guard/DT 5’9 240lbs
#75 Tackle/NG 5’11 230lbs
#76 Tackle/DT 6’4 230lbs
#77 Tackle/DT 6’5 265lbs

We have decent size but a lot of youth. Hopefully they will develop as the season goes on and by playoff time be a force.

Cards by 14. They will control the line of Scrimmage. Although the Cards are down per say , they are still big , very well coached and not great per say at every position extremely solid. This version will not be as flashy in the air as past cardinals teams but will be very Blue collar in there. They will win conference and play to the third round of the 2a playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: MA STUD
Cards by 14. They will control the line of Scrimmage. Although the Cards are down per say , they are still big , very well coached and not great per say at every position extremely solid. This version will not be as flashy in the air as past cardinals teams but will be very Blue collar in there. They will win conference and play to the third round of the 2a playoffs.
If they wanna win by 14 they better make our linebackers a non-factor. I think we will be very good defensively.

I'm not sure how the kicker will do but he made both XPs at Pisgah. Of course it was without defense on field.
It's been strange not having a kicker after 12 years of having one. 8 years we had two really good kickers.

Reactions: RealStihl
I'd have to go with Robbinsville in this one but it should be good game. East Surry lost several key players from last year . They will be decent but will take some time.

I seen the EW vs ES scrimmage first hand. ES has a lot of improving to do over the next couple days if they are to win this game. EW lost a ton of seniors and looked to be young and small and they didn’t get bullied like I thought they would have. I’m going robbinsville by 14ish.

No way they do all that work for them to play at big oaks and the team comes out and lays an egg. Robbinsville by 14

REPOST ->>>>>>>>>>>>>> YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

This coaching staff has lived on being the underdogs. Ask Reidsville , Ask Monroe , Ask Maiden , Ask Hendersonville. If I was the Black Knight coaching staff I wouldn't be looking past the cards because supposedly they are in a down year and the knights seem to be loaded with high expectations for the season. I think it goes to say that all those games they were grossly underestimated and some might say way undermanned. Sure this group does not have the names we have grown accustomed to in the past, But they will be extremely physical, they will be disciplined, deff not intimidated by the atmosphere or tradition of the oaks. This team will be blue collar just as last years team was. I will say it again, this coaching staff and team has made a living on winning the games they wasn't supposed to win. This is my week one game i will be attending, Passing on the drubbing of the hounds in the granite city. First time at the big oaks as well. Looking forward to it. IS IT FRIDAY YET?

If I'm wrong fill my plate with crow , wont be the first time ------- Just Saying

Cards by 14.
They will control the line of Scrimmage. Although the Cards are down per say , they are still big , very well coached and not great per say at every position extremely solid. This version will not be as flashy in the air as past cardinals teams but will be very Blue collar in there. They will win conference and play to the third round of the 2a playoffs.

This coaching staff has lived on being the underdogs. Ask Reidsville , Ask Monroe , Ask Maiden , Ask Hendersonville. If I was the Black Knight coaching staff I wouldn't be looking past the cards because supposedly they are in a down year and the knights seem to be loaded with high expectations for the season. I think it goes to say that all those games they were grossly underestimated and some might say way undermanned. Sure this group does not have the names we have grown accustomed to in the past, But they will be extremely physical, they will be disciplined, deff not intimidated by the atmosphere or tradition of the oaks. This team will be blue collar just as last years team was. I will say it again, this coaching staff and team has made a living on winning the games they wasn't supposed to win. This is my week one game i will be attending, Passing on the drubbing of the hounds in the granite city. First time at the big oaks as well. Looking forward to it. IS IT FRIDAY YET?

If I'm wrong fill my plate with crow , wont be the first time ------- Just Saying

Cards by 14.
They will control the line of Scrimmage. Although the Cards are down per se , they are still big , very well coached and not great per se at every position extremely solid. This version will not be as flashy in the air as past cardinals teams but will be very Blue collar in there. They will win conference and play to the third round of the 2a playoffs.
You nailed it. I’ve learned to quit betting against the cards lol

Cards by 14.
They will control the line of Scrimmage. Although the Cards are down per say , they are still big , very well coached and not great per say at every position extremely solid. This version will not be as flashy in the air as past cardinals teams but will be very Blue collar in there. They will win conference and play to the third round of the 2a playoffs.
I think it will be a good game but I'm sticking with ES. Hard to bet against them when history has proven that to be a mistake.

I think East will struggle. A lot of new faces on the field that do not have experience & talent combined with a lot of new faces on the sidelines as coaches. East lost at least 3 very good assistant coaches. Robbinsville will cruise.

I don't think the coaches or team will be looking past anything. They know how disciplined and good east surry is. Hope you enjoy the atmosphere that the big oaks presents on Friday nights. It should be electric

Cards by 14.

I think East will struggle. A lot of new faces on the field that do not have experience & talent combined with a lot of new faces on the sidelines as coaches. East lost at least 3 very good assistant coaches. Robbinsville will cruise.
I agree Boaz was really good quarterback that could control close games and they lost several coaches that were very good.

Reactions: Orange01

Cards by 14.
This is not the usual Cards team. Boaz will be hard to replace. Coach Whitt and his big Son have left for West Stokes.

I seen the EW vs ES scrimmage first hand. ES has a lot of improving to do over the next couple days if they are to win this game. EW lost a ton of seniors and looked to be young and small and they didn’t get bullied like I thought they would have. I’m going robbinsville by 14ish.

Robbinsville looked to also need to improve before Friday.
If the line can be close to East Surrys line play I think Rville will win. No blowout though.

East Surry will be ok come playoff time. But I would expect maybe a 2nd round exit depending on the draw. I'd give rville the edge, but should be a good game.

Reactions: Orange01
I think the cards will be just fine. I think we will surprise a lot of people. I hope we run the ball a lot more downhill. I think it'll be a very good football game. I'm not sure if we can beat The nights with that bus ride but I know we're going to be prepared.

I just saw a Facebook write up on the game. Even had a link to the only time these two have played before.

East Surry has a tall task on Friday going into Robbinsville. If this had been any of the teams I have seen play the past 3-4 years I would say East Surry without hesitation. From what I gather the Cards are very young this year. I think ES will have a good year but I don’t think they have the horses right now to go into Robbinsville and do it week 1. Good luck Cards. Hope you bring a W back to the foothills.

This will be East's ultimate benchmark to see where the program is, and I dig why they scheduled it like they did.

They need to show if they have what it takes or not, why not do it with one of the best 1A teams in the west? If they win here they will be fine for the rest of the year, if not then it'll be interesting. They were more physical than I expected on JV last year I'll give them that. But they gotta make up for all that talent lost, that's huge and very hard to do.

They won't come that long haul to lose 50-0, but they gotta be ready because Robbinsville won't bow to them either.

I think Robbinsville will make a statement Friday with a big win. MA will be put on notice that it’s not a sure thing for a repeat of State Champion

The offensive line didn't look great.
That's why I think it will be close game. We looked thin and young at line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT