ADVERTISEMENT

NW Guilford vs East Forsyth Scrimmage

Warhead1

Sep 8, 2009
Where to begin with this one.

The new NW coach Chris Rusiewicz pulled one of the most ridiculous things I've seen from a NW Coach. On the very last play the East Forsyth WR ran a post & the NWG safety came in with the crown of helmet down and literally KO'd the East kid. 1st I hope he's OK because he was definitely knocked out.

I don't have any issue with the play. What I do have issues with is NOBODY on the NW staff corrected the play that would have cost us 15 yards and the player would have been ejected and could seriously hurt someone. Instead the NW players & coaches started celebrating??? What pisses me off as a NW fan Is we were getting the crap kicked out of us all day. Nobody celebrated anything football related then we celebrate a cheap shot on a HS kid.

Well it didn't sit right with Willert and rightfully so. He approached Rusiewicz and basically blasted him for allowing his coaches and players to celebrate their kid making an illegal football play when most of the day players were easing up and not killing defenseless players.

What does coach Rusiewicz do. Screams at the top of his lungs "you're not going to F'ing talk to me like the HS coaches I'm a F'ing college coach". Then this guy Proceeds to pull his entire team off the field. Gets on the bus and quits. What a freaking Joke!

As a NW fan this was the most embarrassing thing I've seen in 40 years. 1st off you're not a college coach you're a HS coach. 2nd your squad was getting absolutely blasted save some of that energy to fix those mistakes. 3rd to teach your kids to quit and walk away is feeding into that entitlement mindset that a lot of these young men already have.

As someone who follows NW and East this was embarrassing. Not a great way to start your career at NW. The offense looked average at best and the defense looked awful.

Hope the young man is OK. East is going to be pretty good this yr again. NWG if we play like that we are not the #2 team in the Metro. Not even top 4.

Good luck to both teams this year

The new NW coach Chris Rusiewicz pulled one of the most ridiculous things I've seen from a NW Coach. On the very last play the East Forsyth WR ran a post & the NWG safety came in with the crown of helmet down and literally KO'd the East kid. 1st I hope he's OK because he was definitely knocked out.

I don't have any issue with the play. What I do have issues with is NOBODY on the NW staff corrected the play that would have cost us 15 yards and the player would have been ejected and could seriously hurt someone. Instead the NW players & coaches started celebrating??? What pisses me off as a NW fan Is we were getting the crap kicked out of us all day. Nobody celebrated anything football related then we celebrate a cheap shot on a HS kid.

Well it didn't sit right with Willert and rightfully so. He approached Rusiewicz and basically blasted him for allowing his coaches and players to celebrate their kid making an illegal football play when most of the day players were easing up and not killing defenseless players.

What does coach Rusiewicz do. Screams at the top of his lungs "you're not going to F'ing talk to me like the HS coaches I'm a F'ing college coach". Then this guy Proceeds to pull his entire team off the field. Gets on the bus and quits. What a freaking Joke!

As a NW fan this was the most embarrassing thing I've seen in 40 years. 1st off you're not a college coach you're a HS coach. 2nd your squad was getting absolutely blasted save some of that energy to fix those mistakes. 3rd to teach your kids to quit and walk away is feeding into that entitlement mindset that a lot of these young men already have.

As someone who follows NW and East this was embarrassing. Not a great way to start your career at NW. The offense looked average at best and the defense looked awful.

Hope the young man is OK. East is going to be pretty good this yr again. NWG if we play like that we are not the #2 team in the Metro. Not even top 4.

You are correct, ejection would have been that game and the next week and if described, rightfully so.

I can't see entitlement and this type of unacceptable behavior resulting in the type of positive environment needed to win at NW Guilford. Deep down those kids know what's right from wrong in these types of situations. Disgusting.

I can't see entitlement and this type of unacceptable behavior resulting in the type of positive environment needed to win at NW Guilford. Deep down those kids know what's right from wrong in these types of situations. Disgusting.
Absolutely, this has been a point of emphasis for at least 5 years.

I heard about this and glad you cleared up some questions….yeah this is super embarrassing and I hope the kid is okay…def not the way to start your career at northwest

It starts at the top. Can’t possibly think good things will come from this kind of behavior.

Most coaches want to treat a scrimmage just like a game but not in those circumstances!!

Curious was he ever a college coach??

I heard about this and glad you cleared up some questions….yeah this is super embarrassing and I hope the kid is okay…def not the way to start your career at northwest
I don't think anyone had a problem with the play. Things happen in football. It was the reaction the cheering from the coaches and players when all day it was take care of the other guy so they can get to week 1 healthy. Then when another Head Coach has a problem with it instead of handling it like a man you blow up yelling MF at the top of your lungs then literally pulling the team off the field. Then the players were laughing and making comments all the way to the bus. It's the spoiled entitlement attitude that's always been attached to NW Guilford Football. Congratulations you just fed into every stereotype that's been associated with this team since as far back as I can remember. Look, I love watching NW Football but I call them like I see them

Saw similar actions from NW at Grimsley v. Asheboro. A lot of ‘giving them the business’ near and after the whistle with an overmatched Blue Comet squad. Reminded me of varsity squads beating up on JVs. That bravado rarely translates well to Friday nights.

Saw similar actions from NW at Grimsley v. Asheboro. A lot of ‘giving them the business’ near and after the whistle with an overmatched Blue Comet squad. Reminded me of varsity squads beating up on JVs. That bravado rarely translates well to Friday nights.
So asheboro is the real deal this year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT