ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville Rams

Lion Attack

Aug 15, 2010
With Carver, a formidable opponent, coming to Shelby Friday, and Polk County, yet another cupcake that you all will be playing, I can't help being envious. I see now that as long as Reidsville plays in the West come playoff time, you will be always the higher seed, and we will always have to travel there, if we obviously advance in the playoffs. That's due to the sorry conference you all play in, the patheic schedule you guys play, period. No team in your conference advanced past the first round. Northern Guilford is the only opponent you've played period that remains in the playoffs. That's pitiful! Shelby has opponents in South Point, AC Reynolds, and Crest, bigger classifications I must add, that are still going strong, not to mention RS Central who beat a higher seeded Bandys team last week. Heck, East Rutherford just lost by one point to an overrated Mount Pleasant team last week. Here is to hoping Shelby advances past Craver, and we get the opportunity to expose you all again, as beneficiaries of playing cupcake opponents, playing in a super weak conference. You guys claim injuries versus us last year. Reidsville just wasn't good, honestly. You barely beat Polk last year and struggled mightly versus Lincolnton, struggled in the west period, weak schedule exposed. Reidsville's program and accomplishments command respect, but you all have gotten over lately.

You forgot Northwest Guilford, although they lost in the 4aa first round they were a decent team. It was no claiming injuries it happened its part of the game, I still think Shelby would have won though.

Also, can't help our conference. Cummings is a good program, Northeast guilford is a good program, not our fault they are having down times.

I would agree with you, I feel like we should have to travel to Shelby, but we can't help that either. We both take care of business this week and we will see you next week.

lol. pointless thread. it's not reidsville's fault that the teams aren't that good. every year is different. back in the day this would be a very tough conference. things have changed recently. they do try to play big 4a schools in the triad and of course northern guilford every year. it's not like they live in the best area for football. they do the best they can in my opinion as far as scheduling. regardless football is played on the field regardless of where you play. you know at some point you will have to go on the road and beat a good team.

Methinks LionAttack is trying to get the pot stirred...lol.........Want do you want from us?? An apology?? OK you got it...We owe you one...First we've got a game with PC before you can really start with your insulting posts...lol..........

Dont worry about what we have going on over here, sounds like to me you're worried about if shelby' going to advance to the 3rd round or not. Thats the only the reason you are criticizing our side of the bracket.

Not concerned at all. Carver is a formidable opponent, but I have already told their posters in another thread to prepare for basketball season where it will be warm and cozy in the gym as opposed to this football. I personally that we will manhandled all 2A opposition again these playoffs just as we did last year.

As soon as the playoff brackets became public knowledge, and that Reidsville was in the west again, I thought to myself, "Damn!!!! we'll have to travel way up there again.", and it's because of your higher seed which came from playing cupcakes, "Cupcake city, baby". Trust me, bruh, some of their sandbagging selves wont admit it, but I'm sure that I am not the only Shelby fan who has thought this. Your conference is patheic, man. I meant to take Cummings out of the equation in my initial post though. They have taken it to us in the past and have a great, respected program, but have obviously been down lately. Tick tock tick tock, it's just a matter of time before Reidsville gets exposed again. Polk County is hella weak. We destroyed them earlier this season. See you pretenders in the 3rd round, you're not a contender. Smh... Later.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/17 11:30 AM by Lion Attack

Originally posted by rambbq:
Methinks LionAttack is trying to get the pot stirred...lol.........Want do you want from us?? An apology?? OK you got it...We owe you one...First we've got a game with PC before you can really start with your insulting posts...lol..........
No more insults, insults weren't even intended, just my honest opinion. Be thankful for your weak opposition and getting higer seeds. Just annoys me that we pretty much have to beat Crest, larger schools, or go undefeated for you guys to travel to Shelby. Just know in advance though, that I honestly think we'd smash Reidsville again.

This post was edited on 11/17 11:44 AM by Lion Attack

Well last year the Rams had to hang on for dear life as the puny Polks were driving late for what could have been the tying TD and two point conversion. But, I guess we lucked out again, as we did on the seedings draw against the mighty Golden Lions, who should just be awarded the trophy now.

Then, the mean Wolves beat us up so bad we barely survived that one before being cannon fodder the next week against the mighty Golden Lions.

If we are fortunate enough to squeak by the Polk berrys, I hope our midgets and weaklings will have enough courage to show up to play the mighty Golden Lions, that is assuming Carver dares to drive down to Shelby to be humiliated by the mighty Golden Lions.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by TheMule:
Well last year the Rams had to hang on for dear life as the puny Polks were driving late for what could have been the tying TD and two point conversion. But, I guess we lucked out again, as we did on the seedings draw against the mighty Golden Lions, who should just be awarded the trophy now.

Then, the mean Wolves beat us up so bad we barely survived that one before being cannon fodder the next week against the mighty Golden Lions.

If we are fortunate enough to squeak by the Polk berrys, I hope our midgets and weaklings will have enough courage to show up to play the mighty Golden Lions, that is assuming Carver dares to drive down to Shelby to be humiliated by the mighty Golden Lions.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
You were brutally honest wth some of this. I admire the heck out of that.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/17 11:59 AM by Lion Attack

Re: Reidsville Rams
TGT posted on 11/17/2014...
Playing at home is nice.

I bet so, but how does it feel getting exposed and destroyed at home?

This post was edited on 11/17 12:51 PM by Lion Attack

Reidsville is a little better than last year.
Shelby is just as good as last year. If both teams win I think that this years game will be closer. If it happens....
Shelby-49
Reidsville -7

Last year was an aberration...Since 2002 Reidsville is 104-13 at home...getting drilled at home in one of Reidsville's all time worst losses was no fun..but I really don't think the outcome would be as bad this year....I don't think you really believe that either...Not saying we will win but it's not gonna be a cakewalk for you guys....As I've posted before...it was 3-0 Reidsville with 5 minutes left in first half...Rams had a first and ten at midfield when the pick six happened that opened the floodgates..never seen anything quite like that and I'm 64 so I've seen hundreds of high school games.....just one of those weird things...Hats were off to Shelby, after that pick, they took us to the woodshed.......See you in a week or so, I hope.....

All you have to do is look at when did an opponent from the East win the 2A or 2AA championship (whichever one Reidsville fell in that year) other than Reidsville? That goes to show there isn't much competition from the eastern side of the bracket.

LMAO!! As if the SMAC is a tough conference...

Reidsville and Carver are as strong as Shelby IMO

In 2A what Charlotte Metro gives you with Lincolnton-East Lincoln-Shelby, the Triad counters with Carver, Reidsville,
and maybe one day Cummings

Originally posted by Lion Attack:
Re: Reidsville Rams
Playing at home is nice.

I bet so, but how does it feel getting exposed and destroyed at home?
Better than getting exposed and destroyed after traveling 3 hours. Reidsville has done that a few times - Morganton (1975 - that was in 4A), West Brunswick (1993 and 1995), Tarboro (1998) and Southwest Onslow (2000).

You ask a simple question, I give you the answer.

Got any more brilliant questions?
This post was edited on 11/17 2:13 PM by TGT

One game at a time fellas. We have yet to beat a real good team unless you put RS Central, AC Reynolds or KM in that category? Defensively we're solid but offensively we still have issues IMO. We have one stud at RB, whereas last year we had 3. We also are missing on offense and defense the best player in the county from last year. Defensively I hope we start playing few a more both ways especially in the secondary. Would also like to keep seeing that big hoss in the backfield when we're in scoring range.

Where is that #15 WR from last year Shelby? He was the best player on the field as a soph,? and those crossing routes just weren't fair! Update please!

Rankin has been Starting since he was a Freshmen Leading a team in tackles that made it to the regional final before losing to Kinston on a hailmary. His Sophmore through Senior year Started on both sides of the ball and still managed to lead the team in tackling. So yeah he is battle tested ! Last year he suffered an High Ankle sprain against Lincolnton and still tried to play against shelby.before going out. So dont come on here and Question weather he's battle tested or not.

This post was edited on 11/17 4:14 PM by Stanimallector

Shelby had a sophomore named Antwan Wright that made all-state last year.

This post was edited on 11/17 3:22 PM by TGT

Originally posted by runnin'qb13:
Where is that #15 WR from last year Shelby? He was the best player on the field as a soph,? and those crossing routes just weren't fair! Update please!
He is not on the team this year.Easily one of the best players in the state.Hopefully he can make it back for his senior year.

Reidsville, sadly, also knows about great talents from last year not being on the field this year.

Nice picture you posted Stanimallector . You must have taken that picture of that MIGHTY GOLDEN LION last year right before he was uncaged .
laugh.r191677.gif

Now Lion Attack , tell them how you really feel .
wink.r191677.gif

Shelby needs to be focused on carver instead of worring about us and who we playing
This post was edited on 11/17 7:32 PM by Stanimallector

This post was edited on 11/17 7:34 PM by Stanimallector

Stan...I'm sure the players and coaches from Shelby are focusing on Carver just like I'm sure that Reidsville is worrying about Polk Co. right now..It's the rest of us posters that are posting about something that's not even set yet..........

Shelby had a sophomore named Antwan Wright that made all-state last year.

I see you edited your initial post, but like you didn't know what happened to Wright. You've been in enough of our threads throughout the season to know of his status. That was a nice little diversion, slick jab you through in there. All good though.

This post was edited on 11/17 11:19 PM by Lion Attack

Sorry man ... you're wrong ... I didn't know he wasn't playing until today reading this discussion. I was responding to an earlier post by runninQB13.

I don't follow Shelby that closely to keep up with individual exploits although I have kept up with their W-L record.

And still don't know exactly why he's not playing. Ineligible, injury or whatever. I just remember him being an amazing sophomore talent in the game at Reidsville.

This post was edited on 11/17 11:00 PM by TGT

Originally posted by rambbq:
Stan...I'm sure the players and coaches from Shelby are focusing on Carver just like I'm sure that Reidsville is worrying about Polk Co. right now..It's the rest of us posters that are posting about something that's not even set yet..........
And 99 per cent of the posters from Shelby are too.When you lose to West Stokes and Madison County in back to back years you learn to never over look anybody much less a very good Carver team.

I personally know Antwan Wright.he had to sit out this year for getting in trouble with the law.Antwan will be back for his senior year along with shelbys currently D1 wr prospect Jayden Borders.
BTW jayden is a super sophomore this year. Shelby also has a few freshman on offense that receive playing time. The starting qb is primed for next season. He has plenty of experience and he is big.
shelby middle had plenty of studs that won a championship this year. Shelby has some very good young talent. The golden lions will be a top 3 team in 2a for atleast 5 more years.

W.stokes went 16-0 that year if I'm not mistaken and squeezed by 3 points. The year shelby lost to Madison the lions already had 5 losses on the record. So those losses could have been expected.

Originally posted by guru2014:
W.stokes went 16-0 that year if I'm not mistaken and squeezed by 3 points. The year shelby lost to Madison the lions already had 5 losses on the record. So those losses could have been expected.
Our starting QB went out early against WS or we would have won that game by a couple scores.Madison we had our best defensive player and offensive player out and had about 5 turnovers.That is my point you never know what is going to happen so you never overlook anybody in the playoffs or you go home.

So its ok to blame Shelby losses on injuries but Reidsville fans can't talk about the fact that the Rams had 5 starters out last year when the mighty Golden Lions crushed the Rams??
laugh.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT