ADVERTISEMENT

Red Raider football

South Point 1-3???? Ok they haven't exactly played 2 1A teams like the 2 teams leading the conference. SP is SP. A week off is doing alot of us good this week. SP will be rolling come next week, just watch.

C'mon man! I'm not even a fan of your team and yet I'm defending them. Coach Devine is an amazing coach, his record speaks for itself. Devine was held back? He's the man who brought that offense to South Point, he wasn't being held back by HIS offense or Mickey. I think the universal problem here is some South Point fans think they are supposed to be a state championship team every year, and they are not and guess what...it's ok. I think some South Point fans think they are supposed to win every game, and they don't and guess what...it's ok. The sooner that part of the fan base accepts this, the sooner everybody else will actually enjoy being around you. Yes, I know "Tradition ain't graduating," but does the alumni claim the 1985 season where they 2-8, the 1986 season where they went 0-10, the 1990 season where they went 2-8, the 1996 season 3-8, or the 2006 season where they went 3-8? Chances are probably not.

Dude I was there for them years too. We have the talent use them in the right places is all we are saying.

Sorry I forgot once again that 1/2 of Lineberger Stadium could do a better job coaching and evaluating talent then the likes of Lineberger, Lee, Shepard, Tate, Hodge, Andrews, and the Justice Brothers. If you had spent a day watching film with these guys then I could totally validate your point, but instead you buy your $6 ticket hike up the steps of Lineberger Stadium, sit at the top and think about how much better they'd be if they just listened to you. It's gonna save you so much time and anguish if you will just let coach's coach, understanding how much more time they've spent with the team then you have watching them from the bleachers.

Dude I have watched the back up QB and good friends with the family too plus I know what the kid can do it. It took them year and 3 games to put Tanner at WB and look what happen after they put him at WB.

So since you've watched him and your good friends with the family it means you have inside knowledge that he's the better QB for the system? Just because your good friends with the family doesn't mean a thing. I'm good friends with lots of people maybe they should all go to SP tomorrow and volunteer to play QB. I would love for Coach Lee to read how awful his son is and how you could do a better job coaching them up. You've already stated in a previous post you'd love to be the HC for the Raiders, I don't mean to hurt feelings, but that's never gonna happen "dude."

What happened when they moved Muse to wing (out of necessity), they lost the conference title and were beaten at Crest in the 4th round...but they also had a a ton of returning starters on that team. Muse didn't make SP the team to beat, all of them did. Once again you hang the successes on failures on one kid...

SP has the best coaches as far as teaching discipline, not play calling. You can predict almost every play they run. I have followed this site for years just to get input on the upcoming games but I have never posted till now. I just couldn't stand to see coondog get hammered when he's not wrong. I have even heard from starters on the team that there is a better option at QB.

Reactions: coondog8585
Sp fans knew this was coming for a long time but just didn't believe it would happen bc we thought the coaches would do better but I guess they don't

You can predict every play they run?

Then how in the world have they dominated the conference for the last 15 years?

I can't help that Coondog is wrong...and I can't help you side with him. However, I can point out the worst thing you can do is listen to kids and parents. What I hate more then anything is you guys laying the failures of South Point at the feet of one kid. It's downright wrong and childish, there's one thing you guys are bad at and its losing. You can never say someone is just better then you, even last year in the state championship...they weren't better then you...it was the coach's fault.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
There other players that should be playing other spots too not just one player plus I'm not wrong.

Coondog, I'm not from the area originally but I've always loved high school football. I think Gaston County has great football so each week I'll go to a game that's close to me. While I like Belmont, I've never been a fan of SP something about them just rubs me wrong. On Fridays most of the time you can find me at Ashbrook, Forestview, North Gaston, or Stuart Cramer.

Who else should be playing other spots?

redraider-bandwagon.gif

I have always stood behind these coaches and said we will be alright come playoff time but this really hit me hard because we have the talent to be better then we are but the coaches have to make the move but I just don't think they will because they playing favoritism crap.

Coondog do you even "know" who the actual back up quarterback is? You think you know... But you don't know I bet. We are a very young team and everyone thinks because we beat Crest this year that we are suppose to be this super team! How about facing that we have played teams that were better... Lincolnton, Shelby and Clover were better teams. We will get better because of playing those caliber teams. But Coondog it's not cool to call out kids or coaches on here for everyone to see. You are one of "those fans" that makes everyone hate us! Your comments are ignorant and baseless. Go Big Red

Yes I do know who the backup Qb is. Do you know who it is. He would start for any other team but Sp.

The current QB is not a bad player, he is just not the right one for this offense. Not enough speed or cutback skills. The offense runs well with a QB that doubles as a running back.

Just because that's what you think Coondog doesn't make it correct. He isn't the back up quarterback. Go check your facts. Ask one of the coaches at practice this week.. If they allow you there or speak to you. If Ignorance is truly bliss then there must be an eternal smile on your face.

Wow, all is crumbling in midgetville? Hitting the panic button after losing to 3 very good to great teams. Now, this season is SP a great team? no...are they a good team YES. They beat Crest in the midst of the sinking ship. However after looking at some film, my assessment is that they are slow on offense. They look like a ..................mountain team! W some details ironed out and some sharpening, they will still do very well because of the system and coaches putting them in positions to succeed, just dont have the speed to be great on offense.

There is my arm chair ASSessment. I am not a coach or claim to be, just my 1 cent.

Really that defense is lights out. Considering the offense does absolutely nothing to help the defense it is amazing actually.

The conference the Raiders play in is pathetic so winning will start and all will be forgotten. But come playoff time reality will set in again. You guys know I come to games at many venues and love to see the midgets play but honestly I have no idea how this offense ever, even scored on Crest.

The Raiders need to do a lot more experimenting at practice for certain if they plan on a deep run.

The_Rev921 hit the nail on the head. We just look slow on offense as a whole. Is there something that can be done about it? Maybe or maybe not, but I'm not out there at practice and I don't know everyone like some people claim to. While I will watch them on Fridays I do have a life and other things to do during the week so I'll leave the decisions up to the coaching staff. As I said in another post, us Raider fans (especially former players) are used to winning and when things seem to be going in the wrong direction we tend to let everyone hear it. With that said I do think there are certain lines that should not be crossed and calling out a 16 or 17 year old kid by name is insane. On a side note I can remember guys (probably some of the ones on here) sitting at our practices (pre NC Prep days) calling for the coaches to make changes while us kids where right there on the field so this is really nothing new.

After looking at our losses this year there are only two things that I can look at and kind of scratch my head. 1. Against Lincolnton we were tied and throwing the ball when we were in field goal range. 2. Against Clover we were down by three and in field goal range and threw the ball.

Lastly, I'm going to call out two people by name. Scottie Lee...don't know the kid personally and have nothing bad to say about him, but I know his dad. Believe me when I tell you this, coach Lee drills his QB's when it comes to learning this offense and I'm sure that Scottie probably gets even more of it since he is his son. Is there someone out there that is athletically better than him? I don't know, but I would bet that there is nobody more prepared mentally to run the offense. We must also remember that we have played 4 teams that are traditionally great football teams year in and year out.

My last call out goes to the all knowing Coondog. The one who thinks that the Mighty Red Raiders should never lose a game. Hate to tell you this Coondog, but I don't care what changes we make we would have lost to Shelby 9 times out of 10. They were just flat out better than us. As for last years state title game, WE lost. Whether they were better than us or like you always say...we gave it away, the fact of the matter is we still lost. Why are you still bringing up a game that was 9 months ago anyway? Most of those kids are graduated and moved on with their lives and so should you. This is real life not Madden, you can't turn the setting to easy and win every game. The funny thing about you Coondog is that you only call out things when we lose. All off season and after the first game you were talking about how we were going to dominate everyone. If you think certain players are as bad as you say they are then you and your great scouting abilities would have surely noticed that way before the season started.

hahaha, I'm not a troller been here for a while, check the joined date pal...but when you start calling kids out I'm going to step in. A few years ago, somebody called out a Forestview kid and I did the same thing.

hahaha, I'm not a troller been here for a while, check the joined date pal...but when you start calling kids out I'm going to step in. A few years ago, somebody called out a Forestview kid and I did the same thing.
Yea thats not cool at all. Even some of the more hard core junk talkers on here never call out kids . ..esp. by name .

Dude, I didn't know anyone was calling out the players... but by the way YOU are not
the Rivals police. Go back to sleep... teamless.

The conference sucks that's why we win almost every year.
Bullcrap.
We win the conference because our kids are taught to execute a game plan better than any other opponent year in an year out. That is why our conference appears weak. We win most of our out of conference games year after year making deep runs in the playoff beating non-conference teams through the playoff.
This team will get better and the player you are calling out will be one of them. Our defense is going to be the key to this season but the offense will be as good as it can be based on the overall talent we have. Our coaching staff will get the most out of the kids we have as that has always been the key to the Raider football success.

Wish that were true.
The numbers don't lie. Stuart Cramer and Lake Norman Charter are the resident studs in the conference right now. Have they played anyone? Nope....but everyone else in conference has a losing record I believe. Oh sure- they will get beaten to a pulp in a few games upcoming. But, make no mistake about it the conference does suck. It is what it is. The reason SP will win won't be due to getting better this year. We will win because we play the little sisters of the poor's little sisters teams. Don't expect any long runs in the playoffs. Any team over .500 will give us trouble.

First, I do say something when we lose. The talent we have had in the past 5 or 6 years we should have more state championships but some of you Raider fans like you Raider87 are so scared to say anything bc it might hurt the coaches feelings. Y'all just won't to sweep it under the rug saying we will be alright. If the offense stays the same we might lose to FV or Ashbrook or even Huss or Cramer.

Sorry it took me a minute to reply. I had to go back and read my post again and make sure it was your reading comprehension that was off. I never said anything about not calling out coaches, I said that calling out a KID was uncalled for. If you read my post again you will see that I actually did call out the play calling of the coaches. I've been on this site a while and I have been chewed out plenty for calling out our coaches and their play calling in certain situations.

I am with you on thinking we should have more titles, but we don't end of story. It wasn't always the coaches fault either, just like it's not always the fault of the players. Sometimes you don't play your best and you get beat by a team that isn't better than you and sometimes you just get beat by a better team. You just can't accept that there are better teams out there from time to time. It's always we beat ourselves or we didn't play that well, or we have guys in the wrong position. Let me ask you something. Lets say YOUR guy is playing QB and Shelby still beats the wheels off of us...who are you going to blame then?

Reactions: rockstrong
Shelby was the better team but it would have been closer but we will never know. I shouldn't have called that kid and I have said sorry about that.

Reactions: RedRaider87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT