ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Rams & West fans

Friday Night1

Aug 26, 2017
Serious question for everyone that's not giving ED a chance against Reidsville. How many posters have even seen East Duplin in person this year??? I nor any other poster have never said anything negative about Reidsville for this matchup. One reason is because I would guess they're like me and haven't witnessed Reidsville in action this year. 2) Mostly what they know is scores and hear say, much like most of the Reidsville fans that are being negative about ED.

Well, ED may indeed lose, who knows but we they have the same record as Reidsville this year and that's why we line up and play. We have been the under dog alot and use to it But here is a couple of things you need to realize.

1. This bunch is not scared.
2. They will not back down.
3. They trust their Coaches.
4. They are Gritty/Gutsy and will fight til the very end, win or lose.

Win or lose everyone from ED is Super proud of our boys and that stays the same no matter what happens Saturday. So, here's hoping for a good, clean, well officiated, injury free contest on Saturday. I will congratlate the winner either way, just tired of reading BS from posters that don't know ED.

Serious question for everyone that's not giving ED a chance against Reidsville. How many posters have even seen East Duplin in person this year??? I nor any other poster have never said anything negative about Reidsville for this matchup. One reason is because I would guess they're like me and haven't witnessed Reidsville in action this year. 2) Mostly what they know is scores and hear say, much like most of the Reidsville fans that are being negative about ED.

Well, ED may indeed lose, who knows but we they have the same record as Reidsville this year and that's why we line up and play. We have been the under dog alot and use to it But here is a couple of things you need to realize.

Win or lose everyone from ED is Super proud of our boys and that stays the same no matter what happens Saturday. So, here's hoping for a good, clean, well officiated, injury free contest on Saturday. I will congratlate the winner either way, just tired of reading BS from posters that don't know ED.
I have seen ED play against Clinton in person.I said in my post about the game.Clinton waz. playing like a western team.Clinton got away from the pass.Not being negative,but reidsville on different level.I am going to say this until my tongue fall out.Until these eastern team have some passing schemes in the playbook . Itz over before u get off the bus.reidsville by 30

• Wow
Reactions: Kylar2018
anyone that gets to that state title game is legit...as a Ram fan I hope that some of our overzealous fans don't have to eat a whole bunch of crow...that being said I think Rams are the favorite but you gotta prove it on the field....They have done this multiple times this year....hope Sat is more of the same....Beulaville is a very nice area...drive thru there all the time on Hwy 24 on the way to see my oldest daughter and here family in Carteret County....I know of East Duplin's football history...they have fine program and history..............

Reidsville's defense is legit. Best chance would be to run away from 18 and keep number 51 from blowing up the play. If you are going to pass the best chances to screen pass or quick slants once again away from 18. Maybe bunch of your receivers and run them in crossing patterns to confuse the backs. Any passing that's going to be successful will probably have to be underneath and not over the top. Now in my opinion they're offense is okay but nothing great their offense tends to benefit from their defense. They tend to score points when the other defense tires out for being on the field so long.

Yes sir we all know ED is a fine football team that is well coached with players that go hard. Wing T scheme is executed well from various sets and formations. Defense plays their keys and runs to the ball.

Reactions: oldway55
Is ED better now or in 2017 when they lost to Hibriten.
ED couldn't throw the ball in 2017. Seems they are a little more balanced this year just based on numbers. I think they led the nation in rushing in 2017.

I can name 5 other playoff teams that pretty much thought the same thing..... however, talk is talk.... just gotta play the game and see what the score is at the end of the 4th quarter. Thats all that matters.

Reidsville's defense is legit. Best chance would be to run away from 18 and keep number 51 from blowing up the play. If you are going to pass the best chances to screen pass or quick slants once again away from 18. Maybe bunch of your receivers and run them in crossing patterns to confuse the backs. Any passing that's going to be successful will probably have to be underneath and not over the top. Now in my opinion they're offense is okay but nothing great their offense tends to benefit from their defense. They tend to score points when the other defense tires out for being on the field so long.

Depends, Burns on 2 or 3 occasions had Reidsville 2ndary beat for TD's but they were over thrown. Their secondary is best in 2A but an accurate QB who can run, with speedy receivers can nullify that, or prevent interceptions at worst.

Depends, Burns on 2 or 3 occasions had Reidsville 2ndary beat for TD's but they were over thrown. Their secondary is best in 2A but an accurate QB who can run, with speedy receivers can nullify that, or prevent interceptions at worst.
The same could be said about some of Reidsville's missed opportunities in the same game. It's the same in most games. But, thank you for that thoughful insight.

Are you describing Maiden?

The same could be said about some of Reidsville's missed opportunities in the same game. It's the same in most games. But, thank you for that thoughful insight.
Nobody said Reidsville couldn't throw on ED, the gist was that nobody could throw on the rams....duh.

In 2021, ED won the regular season game with WRH and Roberts went for 198 yards on 17 carries. WRH won the playoff game when ED held him to 42 yards on 10 carries.

Reactions: dogs79
WRH was better this year than last year, ED was just a hair better.
I disagree, Kanye was the difference maker with Montgomery in the backfield blocking, it was a heck of a duo. The defense was young with small linebackers and a weak secondary. This year wasn’t stacked with seniors like Ed and jk, however next season 21 seniors 9 of 11 offensive returning, 7-8 returning on d. I am looking to definitely be in the hunt.

I disagree, Kanye was the difference maker with Montgomery in the backfield blocking, it was a heck of a duo. The defense was young with small linebackers and a weak secondary. This year wasn’t stacked with seniors like Ed and jk, however next season 21 seniors 9 of 11 offensive returning, 7-8 returning on d. I am looking to definitely be in the hunt.
What WRH did last year was crazy. I was talking to someone who said he definitely thought WRH team last year was better than this year's team and ED team this year was better than last year's team.

I think Monroe would have been the biggest challenge to Reidsville’s defense. They might could have scored 28 on them. QB was very good and could escape pressure. But they still would have lost. Probably would have given up 42 or more.

I think Monroe would have been the biggest challenge to Reidsville’s defense. They might could have scored 28 on them. QB was very good and could escape pressure. But they still would have lost. Probably would have given up 42 or more.
That depends, Reidsville(especially the offense) had alot of kinks. To be honest, their placement in the bracket gave them enough time to work out the kinks, before they faced too much of a challenge too early.

If they would have been in that bottom bracket with a full strength Forest Hills/Shelby, Monroe, Burns, East Surry(swap out one of those and put them in Reidsvilles place in the easy bracket), Im not sure they would have gotten to the regional finals because they have had enough time to work out the kinks or the chemistry, not to mention their trademark mental lapse. At full strength all these teams had bad kinks in them.

The bottom bracket was volatile that any one of them could be alive this week. That's why I called them all clumsy. Reidsville worked out enough clumsyness before somebody strong enough could trip them up early.

That depends, Reidsville(especially the offense) had alot of kinks. To be honest, their placement in the bracket gave them enough time to work out the kinks, before they faced too much of a challenge too early.

If they would have been in that bottom bracket with a full strength Forest Hills/Shelby, Monroe, Burns, East Surry(swap out one of those and put them in Reidsvilles place in the easy bracket), Im not sure they would have gotten to the regional finals because they have had enough time to work out the kinks or the chemistry, not to mention their trademark mental lapse. At full strength all these teams had bad kinks in them.

The bottom bracket was volatile that any one of them could be alive this week. That's why I called them all clumsy. Reidsville worked out enough clumsyness before somebody strong enough could trip them up early.
*clumsiness

Reidsville’s rating was stronger than all the other Western Regional members and we garnered the top seed, and we needed the weaker opponents to get the kinks out? What were the teams we played during the playoffs doing. They should have been getting their kinks out. That is how it has been all the playoffs, or at least the last three games. If you ED supporters wonder, why someone remarked “yeah we are the best you have ever seen.” “You haven’t ever faced a team like this.” The Reidsville supporters are not dissing you or mocking you, that is what we have heard for over a month. Then when we beat someone and make a mockery of Massey or Calpreps or Simmons projected margin for a couple of days they say “I think Monroe, or some other team already eliminated, would have given you a better game. Seldom has any loser afterward come out and flat stated, you were better! Now here old loser Chopper comes out and gives his little spiel about how somehow Reidsville was privileged or had a special advantage unavailable to the other teams. Any advantage gained by being the number one seed was earned not granted or usurped from some others. There is a little club down near Charlotte I might tell you about

Reidsville’s rating was stronger than all the other Western Regional members and we garnered the top seed, and we needed the weaker opponents to get the kinks out? What were the teams we played during the playoffs doing. They should have been getting their kinks out. That is how it has been all the playoffs, or at least the last three games. If you ED supporters wonder, why someone remarked “yeah we are the best you have ever seen.” “You haven’t ever faced a team like this.” The Reidsville supporters are not dissing you or mocking you, that is what we have heard for over a month. Then when we beat someone and make a mockery of Massey or Calpreps or Simmons projected margin for a couple of days they say “I think Monroe, or some other team already eliminated, would have given you a better game. Seldom has any loser afterward come out and flat stated, you were better! Now here old loser Chopper comes out and gives his little spiel about how somehow Reidsville was privileged or had a special advantage unavailable to the other teams. Any advantage gained by being the number one seed was earned not granted or usurped from some others. There is a little club down near Charlotte I might tell you about

you are morphing into a supper club clone right before our eyes..

Reason I think WRH was better this year was our defense, It was much better. Losing Kanye hurt but I still think if Antwan stayed healthy we would be the ones in Chapel Hill on Saturday. I said at the beginning of the year that how far we go depends on Antwan. As far as I know he did not play on offense at all Friday night.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Then when we beat someone and make a mockery of Massey or Calpreps or Simmons projected margin for a couple of days they say “I think Monroe, or some other team already eliminated, would have given you a better game. Seldom has any loser afterward come out and flat stated, you were better!
I'm not calling you out specifically..... this applies to fans of other teams as well..... and I'm speaking only for myself and no others but sometimes its hard to give the credit and respect that might be deserved when after those wins, you are just so damn arrogant about it.

Y’all about to get smoked buddy!!

I'm not calling you out specifically..... this applies to fans of other teams as well..... and I'm speaking only for myself and no others but sometimes its hard to give the credit and respect that might be deserved when after those wins, you are just so damn arrogant about it.
Y’all about to get smoked buddy!!
From Hee Haw: I don't believe I would have said that.

I see a post above fro a Wrh poster that blows my mind, when I said this same exact thing after our loss to wrh I was lambasted by not only the Wrh posters but the ED as well. The same rules don’t apply for everyone.

I am about an inch from showing people what goes on against the Rams from up in Cleveland County and specifically in one community. I would encourage fans from the Eastern Region to take a minute and go to the thread titled

• Thread watched
Reidsville Attempts Their First Unified State Championship

I will do a few cut pastes from this thread. They have a little cabal called Cocky Club Cleveland. They have a committee of, by their own admission, 56 members pumping up Shelby and attempting to diminish Reidsville's accomplishments. Don't believe me read it. The name of the thread alone exemplifies their ignorance. Just read the authors first diatribe.

Burn1985 is not one of those people. I do slightly understand where he is coming from, but I want you to understand where Reidsville is coming from. This mentality extends beyond the thread mentioned. And also extends beyond that poster. Although he is the most vitriolic. He pumps this stuff out every so often, it will end.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT