ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah @E. Rutherford

bigbear'10

Jul 12, 2010
Been a long while since the Bears have played E.R. 2008 was the last meeting.
ER has always played Pisgah tough. Seems like they've always have huge fullbacks that like to run peole over.
I dont know what ER has this year but I do know they were good last year and played Brevard tough this year. Bears will have to tackle well on defense and give their qb time on O. Hopefully Pisgah's RB will have another great game. Would like to see #12 get back into the mix this week.
21-17 Bears

East is 0-3 but they are a lot better than their record.. They lost to West Henderson,North Lincoln, and Brevard. Those three teams combined record is 9-2. The next two games will tell us a lot about our bears.
Lately every time we come out of a by week we seem to have problems.That being said I think if we play a mistake-free game we can win.Bears by 7

These next two weeks will absolutely tell us where we are as a program this year with ER and MH on the menu. Both are very reputable programs and know how to get a win. Both of us are coming off a buy week so I don't think that will factor much. However, I am a little concerned at how East gave Brevard what appears to be a dog fight in Bostic a couple of Friday's ago and that they are as big up front as Murphy with East's NG ringing in at 6'7 380. Fortunately for us though, big guys wear down quicker especially if they go both ways. Our mindset going in will have the biggest impact IMO.
Pisgah by 3.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
East defense is pretty terrible. East is always the same .. size , speed, athleticism everywhere...... undisciplined. Never know what you gonna get with a East team.

ER is not very good. We did whatever we wanted with them during our scrimmage with them, they are pretty good against the run but can be thrown on. They are athletic as any other team you will see and have a big line but they graduated 27 seniors off of last years team so they are young. They do have two Division 1 guys on their team and the QB is a good looking athlete. They will spread you out and try to get the ball into their playmakers hands on the perimeter, QB has a decent arm for a 14 year old. Defensively they are run by longtime Lincolnton Defensive Coordinator and past head coach Ledford Gibson. Expect them to use their speed and quickness up front to get to the ball and they will send the dogs often and early.

ER's wide receiver is nasty, can't remember his number. If you can contain him, you should be fine. They are definitely better than their record though.

Reactions: bigbear'10
Been a long while since the Bears have played E.R. 2008 was the last meeting.
ER has always played Pisgah tough. Seems like they've always have huge fullbacks that like to run peole over.
I dont know what ER has this year but I do know they were good last year and played Brevard tough this year. Bears will have to tackle well on defense and give their qb time on O. Hopefully Pisgah's RB will have another great game. Would like to see #12 get back into the mix this week.
21-17 Bears
I don’t remember the 08 meeting but I think it was 05 when Pisgah came to ER in playoffs and I watched Pisgah take the field for warmups thinking my god those are some big boys.

72special, they played twice in 05. Pisgah won regular season, Cavs won the playoff game.
Its always been a hard hitting football game between the two teams. The last time I was at ER they had that great punter. In 07 I believe. I just remember everyone in the stands going holy cow the first time he punted the ball a mile in the sky. Haha

Not sure pisgah can score enough, their offense is pathetic right now.

Compared to Reynolds your right, we don't score a lot of points but we do score enough to win. We don't have anywhere near the speed of the Rockets. Pisgah under coach Chappell offense is keep the ball and leave the other teams offense on the sidelines. So far it's worked pretty well.If Reynolds beat Ervin by 53 points like Saturday and the Bears beat Tuscola by 14 both teams get a win and nothing about 53 or 14 changes that in any way.

Compared to Reynolds your right, we don't score a lot of points but we do score enough to win. We don't have anywhere near the speed of the Rockets. Pisgah under coach Chappell offense is keep the ball and leave the other teams offense on the sidelines. So far it's worked pretty well.If Reynolds beat Ervin by 53 points like Saturday and the Bears beat Tuscola by 14 both teams get a win and nothing about 53 or 14 changes that in any way.
You only need one point to win, winning is what I'm interested in.

I really don’t know what ER has on the field this year. Both of mine are finished. I have no dog in the fight anymore. But two things are for sure, ER will have athletes on the field and the HC won’t know how to use their talents. It’s like this year after year.

I really don’t know what ER has on the field this year. Both of mine are finished. I have no dog in the fight anymore. But two things are for sure, ER will have athletes on the field and the HC won’t know how to use their talents. It’s like this year after year.
Lmao because this is the truest statement ever !!!!!no school has ever had such great athletes and not did NOTHING with them. I believe the 05 team was the last great east team. Last years team should have been just as good but........

I will say that East Rutherford always seems to have the right “ingredients” to make a deep run but never seem to get it all together. I don’t know why but have always scratched my head wondering where the disconnect is. It looks as if they have went from the Wing T under Coach Cash to a more spread type offense since Pisgah last faced them. And yes, I do recall East having a great kicker in ‘05 as well as a good QB, I think his last name was Lowrance?

Maybe those big boys from East will soften the Bears up before the Cougars come into town. Next 2 weeks will show a lot about the teams in the area.

Let’s hope not but Hendersonville will be a tough task I’m sure. I must say the team is really looking good at this point and punishing teams on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. The kids seem to really enjoy contact for sure. Heritage does not have any easy games coming up from what I can tell.

The kicker that y'all are talking about from ER in '05 was Blake Bostic. Played a little ball with him. Great kicker, great teammate, and even better person.

Last edited:

I’m not 100% sure rocketman101 is a Reynolds fan I always thought he was a fan of a WHC team.

Reactions: GG4BAMA
Listen, these are my opinions. Clint Bland is a great guy. He is as good hearted as they come. There are times when I do question his decisions. Maybe that’s why I’m in the stands. I definitely feel there is a seat on the bus for him but I think his current position is not the right seat. Too much talent every year is not utilized the way it should be. I’ve seen teams with less talent beat ER simply because Bland was outcoached.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Bigcub, I was just trying to give your kicker the benefit of the doubt. He doesnt get much game time action though. So maybe he misses it.

Bigcub, I was just trying to give your kicker the benefit of the doubt. He doesnt get much game time action though. So maybe he misses it.
I am referring to the Varsity game by the way

Sure you was?I posted the score right above your post so I guess that means you can't read either.Now you claim you know the varsity score before the game.If that's true tell us how bad Brevard beats your horses tonight?

It was a PREDICTION!!!!!!! Do they even teach at Pisgah or just sniff paper?

Frankly I had no interest in reading the thread until you guys wet you panties over a prediction, now it's just funny

Listen, these are my opinions. Clint Bland is a great guy. He is as good hearted as they come. There are times when I do question his decisions. Maybe that’s why I’m in the stands. I definitely feel there is a seat on the bus for him but I think his current position is not the right seat. Too much talent every year is not utilized the way it should be. I’ve seen teams with less talent beat ER simply because Bland was outcoached.
You can NOT say a bad word about Clint bland .....the man . He’s a great person I really like him but year after year with the best athletes in Rutherford co. and the same old same ol I believe and have believed it time for a change at East. And find a coach that doesn’t have any ties to the county. That’s also another problem that i believe has hurt the county is hiring a “good ol boy” and he never has to worry about his job because well he’s buddy’s with someone. I truly believe that Chase has done well with the new coach and the program will be on a rise from it. Just my .2 cents

Owen 98, how's that .500 playoff record working out for you? Or the one conference championship in 13 years?

How many WHC titles did yall win when you were in it with us 000000000!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT