ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah @ Brevard

Thanks for the history lesson on freedom of speech Mule, I feel so enlightened now that you've cleared that up for me.
Youre welcome. It is surprising that some need such a lesson.
"I have no dog in this fight as far as Haywood Co." Well I wouldn't know so I will take your word for that, but but now that you have delivered your lecture on "Professionalism" allow me to respond. "Professionalism" is a vague and broad term, and can mean many things....But the one thing it doesn't mean especially in THIS job, is what you seem to be saying..IE that it means allowing opinions that are obviously wrong, insults to coaches, players, admin, or statements based on bias, or other prejudices to go without challenge. In other words to enter a "win friends and influence people" popularity contest. That's Dale Carnegie you are thinking about, and for this job nothing could be further from the truth. It is not what I was hired for, my ambition, or my goal. I am in that job precisely because we already tried that idea of "professionalism" (5 college trained beat writers in 4 years) and it just didn't work. That experience showed us that In this day and age of criticizing from one's computer behind a cloak of anonymity, the idea professionalism in this particular job had to mean something different, and require a different approach. ( and it does!) So In this new approach the "fan base" who were causing 99 percent of the problems both at the school, and for us all along, became fair game. And remain so. But I will tell you this: The invitation for anyone else to step up and show us how it should be done always stands, and I bet I can make it happen. If you dont believe anything else, you can believe that. As a matter of fact, on this very thread I extended such an invitation to one of these message board posters who felt he could do a better job. In the end, you must guard against confusing popularity with professionalism. In this job, achieving either is an elusive goal, and achieving one is often at the expense of the other. I have to be OK with that.

Reading thru all these posts I am baffled that this whoamule guy is a reporter for the newspaper... to me he has crossed the line of fan/professional.

No one takes Mule seriously. He is a Pisgah alum (but hates them cuz he thinks they were mean to him or something) is the biggest Tuscola fanboi EVER (sure it's some revenge tactic) and with that claims Tuscola will be undefeated and win the State Championship every year. He just can't make a sensible and unbiased analysis of what is before him. Yeah, he types words and sentences for a county newspaper, but as far as some kind of "journalist" he fails miserably. He is a typical American "reporter" --- biased, and "influenced" like the North Korean media. Mule cannot "report" objectively, nor does he worry about things like the "truth" or "facts" and you must realize everything he says or does is to hold up his self esteem or further his agenda. He will say one thing today and the complete opposite tommorrow and then deny it when you call him out, EVEN when you quote him. His ego is hilarious and actions quite cartoony. Just read his comic strips for the next few years and enjoy his Wile E. Coyote routine. He just can't catch that Roadrunner.

Yep! And I recall a certain classy ball player from Pisgah showing his butt and going into the stands years ago,like Brevard grad said,we all have bad fans and sometimes players at times period.You see this behavior from HS all the way to the pros and you're gonna judge our fan base over that?????
I played in that game.... BHS won. PHS player with a double mohawk stomped up in to the stands like Hacksaw Jim Duggan to fight his own fans....... Now that's what we call classy!!!! Greatest memory of us beating Pisgah 1996-1999. 4-0 I never lost so I have no issues with Pisgah.

I played in that game.... BHS won. PHS player with a double mohawk stomped up in to the stands like Hacksaw Jim Duggan to fight his own fans....... Now that's what we call classy!!!! Greatest memory of us beating Pisgah 1996-1999. 4-0 I never lost so I have no issues with Pisgah.
I also remember that game.The kids was thrown out of the game after talking back to the ref.The guy he went after hollered at him first .He was from Canton and was also I believe a referee too.Not taking up for the kid but it was not all his fault.By the way a Pisgah fan was the one that stopped him from doing anything.
As for what happened at the JV game this year.I was on the Pisgah side and know nothing about that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT