ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah @ Brevard

brevard'04grad

Dec 5, 2004
It's been a while since this game has meant something. Pisgah should be the heavy favorite coming in undefeated while Brevard had a bad loss versus Madison early in the year and got blown out at Tuscola.

That being said, Brevard is playing it's best football of the season right now and can clinch a share of the conference title with a win.

This may surprise you Pisgah fans, but I would bet good money that this is the game your HC wants to win more than any other game of the year. His disdain for the Blue Devils goes back to his playing days as a Rosman Tiger.

Looking forward to what will hopefully be an awesome night of high school football. Safe travels to all the Pisgah fans!

Not according to Mr. Simmons computer. Evidently it thinks Brevard is the favorite to win.

I won't be surprised if Brevard wins but I have no clue why that computer would pick them considering Pisgah's record.
Brevard can win for sure. Although we haven't shown it in the last couple of weeks, I think we have the better defense, and our offense should be able to move the ball on the ground and thru the air. If we can slow down your passing attack, I think we win.

How is your running game? Can you get any production from it?

Brevard usually takes what the defense gives them. Ellenberger has a lot of passing TD's but not a ton of yardage. Pettit averages over 6 ypc and Ellenberger is the 2nd leading rusher out of the QB position.

That'd funny Tuscola fans said the same thing.

Maybe that has been the problem in the last two weeks. Pisgah is playing BREVARD AT Brevard, Not Tuscola. That game is over, and you better get over it, or Brevard will help you with a nasty surprise Friday night.

Last edited:
Maybe that has been the problem in the last two weeks. Pisgah is playing BREVARD AT Brevard, Not Tuscola. That game is over, and you better get over it, or Brevard will help you with a nasty surprise Friday night.
I don't think we will overlook Brevard, mule. It has been nice looking back at 4 wins in a row against the Mounties though :)

What are your thoughts on your game this week? I think Franklin might be a handful for you this week too.

How's it going to be a surprise? Everyone seems to think Brevard is going to win.

I don't think we will overlook Brevard, mule. It has been nice looking back at 4 wins in a row against the Mounties though :)
Seems like that is all the Pisgah nation HAS been doing the last couple weeks. It is affecting your game. ONE LOSS, whether it be to N Henderson, SM Brevard or TUSCOLA means the same thing.
What are your thoughts on your game this week? I think Franklin might be a handful for you this week too.
I dont know about Franklin yet. Havent done much research on it. JV game should be a good one.

I dont know about Franklin yet. Havent done much research on it. JV game should be a good one.
Spin it any way you want...We are 2-0 since the rivalry game, same as you. Win by 3, or 56, means the same thing.

Last edited:
From what I hear, Brevard will be tough. Good luck Bears. Make it 11-0.

i think from recent scores this will be a close game with pisgah winning. pisgah 31 brevard 24

This could be the biggest crowd to watch a Brevard/Pisgah game since Chapell took over the Bears' football program?.....Advance tickets go on sale today, which is a good indicator of what type of crowd is expected on friday night....It's unusual for Transylvania County to be hosting one of the top 3A and 1A schools in the area on the same night as Murphy is traveling to Rosman this friday...

As for the game, Brevard has a bunch of Seniors on this year's team, and the Bluedevils are undoubtedly playing their best football of the season as mentioned above with 3 straight shutouts by convincing margins, so maybe that's what the computers are looking at?

Should be a great game between old rivals!

Last edited:
Reactions: WhoaMule
The Bears seem to play just a little better than their opponent. Did that against Tuscola and Franklin.Guess we will see if that happens against Brevard. Bears by 12 . Rick no doubt our coach would like to win this game.You would lose your bet because Tuscola as the county rival and Franklin because he don't care for their coach are a lot bigger games.

Last edited:
What do you guys think the attendance will be for this game? I'd love to go see it but I can't find anyone willing to ride 7 hours to go with me.

The Bears seem to play just a little better than their opponent. Did that against Tuscola and Franklin.Guess we will see if that happens against Brevard. Bears by 12 . Rick no doubt our coach would like to win this game.You would lose your bet because Tuscola as the county rival and Franklin because he don't care for their coach are a lot bigger games.
ALL conference games are equally important.

We sell "advance" tickets before every home game....Doesn't Brevard??...This will be a good game for sure but it might break 2500 attendance mark....I'm sure since Brevards playing well they will have better support than the last few years when they weren't and you could put'em all on one bus.

ALL conference games are equally important.
Good grief Mule, get off your soap box! We know that ALL conference games are equally important. But you know as well as I do that there are games that are just more important than the win/loss perspective. Beating certain teams brings more satisfaction than winning against other teams. Is the Duke/Carolina game as important as Carolina/Boston College from a conference perspective? Of course. But there are games (Duke/Carolina, Pisgah/Tuscola, Murphy/Swain, etc) that are not just "games" to the fans, coaches, and players.

Last edited:
Good grief Mule, get off your soap box! We know that ALL conference games are equally important. Doesn't sound like (or look like it) to me based on the posts Ive seen in here. I dont think you need me to pull some of these posts about Tuscola that have shown up in other game threads, and show you. Instead, you need to ask yourselves this: What good is it to go 11-0 and lose in the first round of the playoffs while dwelling on games played yesterday last year and four years ago? This appears to be what has been happening based on the performance against two very average teams the last two weeks. You can call it a "soapbox" if you want. Truth is truth. Another truth: A Pisgah victory is not a sure thing this Friday, and a loss to Brevard will drop PHS to (possibly) ONE home playoff game, and a much tougher road. Pisgah players, coaches and fans (especially those in this site) would be well advised to focus on Brevard and not worry about Tuscola. If that game happens. (Which is more than unlikely) you will have plenty to worry about, but for now and to repeat: You are playing AT BREVARD.....Not Tuscola. Tuscola is playing AT FRANKLIN, not Pisgah. Replaying games of the past wont help either team.

What do you Pisgah fans think about the fact that you are going to play Murphy next year? Should be a good matchup.

What do you Pisgah fans think about the fact that you are going to play Murphy next year? Should be a good matchup.
Is that game home or away? Murphy travels well and are always competitive. I did hear that THS 3 non-conference games are Swain SM and Pisgah. It will be the first time I believe in 50 years that THS does not have Brevard on the schedule which is kind of sad.

They are trying to work it out to where they play at WCU both years. I don't think a final decision has been made yet. You are correct about Tuscola's 3 non-conference games. Those are the 3 teams they should be playing and hopefully will continue to play.

I Love the series with Swain. With the exception of this year all games settled by 4 points or less I believe. They travel well and they have top three prettiest stadiums in WNC.

Murphy will be home and home, or at WCU both times. As of now, we only have 10 games scheduled for next year. With the MAC expanding, it has made it difficult to get enough non- conference games. We added Murphy because North Buncombe dropped us from their schedule. Coach Chappell said on his radio show he is still reaching out to teams, including some that are out of state. Yes it is sad that Tuscola is losing some longtime rivals with the move to the MAC. Don't think most of the MAC teams will travel nearly as well as Brevard or Franklin.

I Love the series with Swain. With the exception of this year all games settled by 4 points or less I believe. They travel well and they have top three prettiest stadiums in WNC.
I agree with this and I love going out there, excellent facility with real grass and they treat people very well there. I guess Deitz field would be in my top three as well behind Cherokee and Asheville. Swain was down this year, but that can not be expected to continue. Hate to lose Brevard though. Lots of memories (good and not so good in 50 years playing Brevard.) I like the folks in the Brevard community. Just no way to do it.

Boy to be such a big game sure ain't anyone talking about it. I'd like retract my statement about there being 7000 at the game. Believe Bears man may be right. maybe 2500.

Just a really classy bunch of fans from Brevard tonight at the JV game....calling a Pisgah player by number and proceed to tell him he sucks...really classy....all he did was catches passes make first downs and score on you and for that he sucks.... You all need to look n the mirror when you wanna say somebody sucks....The boys 15 years old...and by the way he laughed at you just like we did...CLASSY SPORTSMANSHIP.... Who am I kidding...it's Brevard

Just a really classy bunch of fans from Brevard tonight at the JV game....calling a Pisgah player by number and proceed to tell him he sucks...really classy....all he did was catches passes make first downs and score on you and for that he sucks.... You all need to look n the mirror when you wanna say somebody sucks....The boys 15 years old...and by the way he laughed at you just like we did...CLASSY SPORTSMANSHIP.... Who am I kidding...it's Brevard
He had 248 receiving yards total, 210 at halftime, and didn't play most of the 4th quarter. Great job by the Bears tonite! Looking forward to a great game tomorrow night.

Reactions: bigbear'10
Hey Brevard04grad, is that big tall fella still playing ball boy on Brevard's sidelines? I can't remember his name. He was a little slow if ya know what I mean.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT