ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks steps down at Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty quiet on the search for a new head coach in Franklin. But rumor has it Ricky B from SM is the leading candidate to replace Brett at Pisgah. Could be quite interesting between now and Jan 1st as both schools supposedly looking to have new coaches in place by 2nd semester.
The list of candidates must be really short if they are looking to hire a 4-7 coach, mediocre at best. I still can’t believe we have allowed our admin to run off our coach.

The list of candidates must be really short if they are looking to hire a 4-7 coach, mediocre at best. I still can’t believe we have allowed our admin to run off our coach.
Your principal has a lot of power (the second highest paid employee in the school system) and had the superintendent backing him on this. Kind of awkward for the superintendent having a role in his son's coach firing. Believe me, Tuscola fans have seen this movie before as we had two principals that hired two incompetent coaches. One of the principals then doubled down and hired an AD that the entire Waynesville community despised just to rub salt in the wound. It happens. If you ruffle feathers with the Haywood County Central office you will forever have a target on your back as that place is ran like an exclusive country club where only the "yes" men or women are taken care of. Your coach was not a "yes" man and thus was on the hit list.

100% Facts. All the BOE has to do in Haywood County is ask one question at the meeting to the Principal in East Haywood. "Did you talk to any potential candidates prior to showing Coach Chappell the door?" If they say, "No," then say, "Good, because we are going to check your County provided mobile phone for calls or text and check your office phone to see." That is what they do when they want to run someone off, see Tuscola's last Principal. Anyone want to bet, they don't do it. They keep who they want to keep. You know, ass kissers and yes people. For the first time ever, it happened on the other side of the County. I guess Chappell should have pulled up the Management's kid to varsity earlier.

Wonder how long these posts will stay up? Censorship seems to fit in just perfectly with the stink of dirty politics and corruption which are at an all time high right now in mill town. I had my suspicions but it’s all coming out now. If it weren’t so embarrassing it would almost be funny. We should have taken bets.
I am so glad to hear the hiring committee has been so “diligent, professional and efficient” in their search for our new head coach. They have really extended their reach on this one. Trading in a 9-2 for a 4-7 makes perfect sense to me? But that’s not what it’s really about is it? It’s not about our program or role models for our boys, nope it’s about all of our coaches “kumbayaing” it in their free time, patting each others backs and staying in the right peoples pockets. We know Chappell didn’t do that and they fired him for it. I heard he was told that “some parents” were whining about playing time etc. I’m sure our new coach will know all about that, just ask Tuscola.
The fact that Chappell chose to continue working under this administration and with people (including some on his side line) that were literally trying to sabotage his every move at every turn speaks volumes to how much he loved and how devoted he was to our community, this program and our boys, not to mention the thick as alligator skin he must have. Given how badly they wanted him to fail the fact he was able to pull off a 70 something or whatever insane win rate he has, is absolutely mind blowing!!!

Gonna keep this right here: Given the talent we have right now and boys we have coming up, I predict we go to the second or third round next season. I’ll give it two to three seasons before the bottom falls out. Mark my words boys. Chappell knew how to build a program not just coach the varsity. Sadly, what he has built will only last so long. Make it known, our admin has really stuck it to us this time and most of them won’t be around to see it through.

Last edited:
So ya'll are saying its a done deal on who is going to be the next coach? That the job truly isnt open, and the admin has had talks with who they want next BEFORE they asked Coach Chappell to resign?

R.B was at Pisgah yesterday in a suit and tie with a folder tucked under his arm. Brothers kid saw him going into the office. You don’t stop by to say hello dressed like that

Reactions: ATRUEFAITHFULBEAR
Your principal has a lot of power (the second highest paid employee in the school system) and had the superintendent backing him on this. Kind of awkward for the superintendent having a role in his son's coach firing. Believe me, Tuscola fans have seen this movie before as we had two principals that hired two incompetent coaches.
Couldn’t agree more. The Haywood BOE has to hold administrators and the superintendent accountable for their actions. This situation, just like those at Tuscola, has been handled unprofessionally and our students/players will be the ones who pay the price. It’s more than just awkward that the superintendent played a role in this, considering his son was exactly where he should have been this year, on JV’s. I would bet money that some of those destructive assistant coaches created this problem. You are correct, Chappell is not a “yes” man and that has served our program well for 11 seasons. He did what was best for our kids, even when it wasn’t the easy choice.
So ya'll are saying it’s a done deal on who is going to be the next coach? That the job truly isnt open, and the admin has had talks with who they want next BEFORE they asked Coach Chappell to resign?
You nailed it.

I would love to know how many games Pisgah would have won this season if they had played Swain, TC, Kings Mountain, West Henderson (we know the answer to this one) and Murphy (especially after the QB situation). He's won more games than anyone ever has at SM. I hope he doesn’t get the Pisgah job, but I certainly wouldn’t blame them if they did hire him. As for whether or not they contacted him beforehand, I seriously doubt that. I also find it highly unlikely that anyone posting on a high school football message board would actually know either. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Reactions: ATRUEFAITHFULBEAR
Wonder how long these posts will stay up? Censorship seems to fit in just perfectly with the stink of dirty politics and corruption which are at an all time high right now in mill town. I had my suspicions but it’s all coming out now. If it weren’t so embarrassing it would almost be funny. We should have taken bets.
I am so glad to hear the hiring committee has been so “diligent, professional and efficient” in their search for our new head coach. They have really extended their reach on this one. Trading in a 9-2 for a 4-7 makes perfect sense to me? But that’s not what it’s really about is it? It’s not about our program or role models for our boys, nope it’s about all of our coaches “kumbayaing” it in their free time, patting each others backs and staying in the right peoples pockets. We know Chappell didn’t do that and they fired him for it. I heard he was told that “some parents” were whining about playing time etc. I’m sure our new coach will know all about that, just ask Tuscola.
The fact that Chappell chose to continue working under this administration and with people (including some on his side line) that were literally trying to sabotage his every move at every turn speaks volumes to how much he loved and how devoted he was to our community, this program and our boys, not to mention the thick as alligator skin he must have. Given how badly they wanted him to fail the fact he was able to pull off a 70 something or whatever insane win rate he has, is absolutely mind blowing!!!

Gonna keep this right here: Given the talent we have right now and boys we have coming up, I predict we go to the second or third round next season. I’ll give it two to three seasons before the bottom falls out. Mark my words boys. Chappell knew how to build a program not just coach the varsity. Sadly, what he has built will only last so long. Make it known, our admin has really stuck it to us this time and most of them won’t be around to see it through.
I wonder where the school board members are at. Nothing from them and this should be investigated .Past time for the ones responsible to be gone. Still hard to believe they forced Brett out and he will be coaching at the Shrine Bowl.That would have been great publicity for our school and community, not now.

I would love to know how many games Pisgah would have won this season if they had played Swain, TC, Kings Mountain, West Henderson (we know the answer to this one) and Murphy (especially after the QB situation). He's won more games than anyone ever has at SM. I hope he doesn’t get the Pisgah job, but I certainly wouldn’t blame them if they did hire him. As for whether or not they contacted him beforehand, I seriously doubt that. I also find it highly unlikely that anyone posting on a high school football message board would actually know either. Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Probably the same amount they’ve won the last ten years…..the majority.
And I’m not gonna get into the coaching records here because let’s be honest? Really no comparison. Regardless of wins and losses-it’s about way more than that.
You’re dang right we are sour!! We care about the community and the kids, and right and wrong. Just cause the Mill shut down doesn't mean the water cooler talk stopped. This is Canton, word still gets around. The truth comes out.
This was a dirty job and anyone who tries to convince themselves otherwise is either, ignorant or okay with it.

Have turned this one into a Pisgah coaching or BOE gripe session. The last one was shutdown for the same reason, time for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT