ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks steps down at Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best threads ever on this site was the Franklin/Burns game in 2011 when we had to travel up there in the 3rd round. That was one of the coldest games I've ever been a part of too. Great atmosphere that night.
Hate that we lost that game, but the atmosphere was great. The rumors of that thread was being circulated around the stands that night and that is how I discovered this site.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
One of the best threads ever on this site was the Franklin/Burns game in 2011 when we had to travel up there in the 3rd round. That was one of the coldest games I've ever been a part of too. Great atmosphere that night.
Greatest thread ever!!! Loved it! Lots of smack, little facts & some hilarious comedy. If I’m not mistaken some posters accidentally met up at the Huddle House after the game & had a blast. I’ve always had a soft spot for the OG Lawndale crew since then.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Cracked me up they called Franklin hicktown and hillbillies...you will never get a ticket for running a red light in Lawndale and if you want a sit down dinner take ur own chair to Hotspot. But they did bring a huge crowd and good football team in 2011

Reactions: Squirrel Gravy
Good times for sure. I hate you haven't sustained success as much as you'd like after those good years. Seemed like a town that loves their football and could keep it going for a while.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
I haven’t seen the Brooks news anywhere official yet (not doubting it though). I’d be stunned if Chappell ever stood on the home side of any Panther game as a coach! You hearing anything @Squirrel Gravy?
Coach Josh definitely has stepped down. Nothing official on next steps, other than I believe they will look internally first.

Completely no basis for this comment, but Franklin pursuing Chappell would be like the Miami Dolphins pursuing Bill Belichick. Not sure anybody really wants that, except those that just want the world to burn.

Cracked me up they called Franklin hicktown and hillbillies...you will never get a ticket for running a red light in Lawndale and if you want a sit down dinner take ur own chair to Hotspot. But they did bring a huge crowd and good football team in 2011
My limited experiences in Lawndale have left me wondering what about Franklin could possibly be more backwoods than that, but most of the people were friendly.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
I’m definitely hearing rumblings that Brooks and Chappell have been talking. Brooks was spotted at the North game first round of playoffs. Sounds like Pisgah’s loss could be Franklin’s gain.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Sounds like he has squirrel gravy to look forward to.. LOL

I’m definitely hearing rumblings that Brooks and Chappell have been talking. Brooks was spotted at the North game first round of playoffs. Sounds like Pisgah’s loss could be Franklin’s gain.
You’re gonna have to color me very skeptical on this one. Have no idea about the rumblings. It just seems like an extremely unusual marriage on both ends. Never say never I guess.

Pretty quite on the search for a new head coach in Franklin. But rumor has it Ricky B from SM is the leading candidate to replace Brett at Pisgah. Could be quite interesting between now and Jan 1st as both schools supposedly looking to have new coaches in place by 2nd semester.

I figured SM coach would be interested in returning. Just didn’t know if Pisgah would want to hire a Pisgah man

It will be a pisgah man don’t think it will be brindley though. Jmo
Why do you think it will be a Pisgah guy? You may end up being right but traditionally that hasn’t been the trend.

I’m not saying do things for traditions sake alone but you also don’t have to hire someone because they’re an alumni.

While I think that could be a good fit, I always thought Chapell was trying to go the other way towards Hendo to get closer to home. I could be wrong.
Any truth to the rumor that W. Hendo coach will be retiring? If so I can see Coach Chapell in Mills River.

Still haven't seen anything official on this. I've checked the Franklin Press and the AC-T (yeah, right) and haven't seen anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT