ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah at Murphy

To many mistakes killed several drives in first half .Murphy fumbled three times and never lost one. That play right at the end of the first half was big, bears never recovered. We lost to a really good team nothing to be down about. Chappel is a good coach with a great record..No one person lost this game . Think the Bears will be fine Give a lot of credit to the old man. He covered all of our receivers like a glove and dared us to run against that big line. Congratulations to him and the Bulldogs, good luck rest of year. Looks like the Smoky Mountain conference is really tough again this year.

Hes not the offensive play caller dip S#-+
Not as of now but over half of last year and when he first came to pisgah he tried remember the awful embarrasing NB lost. If he has any say so in the offense it has struggled. he had to hire an offensive coach last year after forcing the best mind on the team out. Someone who on paper seems like he might know offense but in real life struggles. As for your rude unwarranted remark toward me only shows your intelligence level. curse words a signs of a weak vocabulary and low self discipline

Reactions: The Servant
I decided to ride over and watch the game since the Mounties weren't playing tonight. The defense for both teams are very good, it was unfortunate that pisgah gave up that long run, probably should have been a 6-0 game, Murphy is a good team, not great, they have some good running backs but pisgah really shut them down, and as I could see Murphy can't throw the ball, but their defense will be tough to score on it looks like. As far as pisgah, their defense is also good and will get better as the season progresses and they will be tough to move the ball on for anyone, the offense looked awful to say the least, runs were predictable with no push up front, but the passing game was dreadful, simply put pisgah needs a QB, that kid is scared to death after one read gets happy feet and starts to run but remembers that he just can't and then throws into the worst places, seems that he didn't progress much from last year. Regardless of the Murphy defense and how good they may be, the pisgah offense should have been able to complete a pass other than the one on the busted coverage. I was rooting for pisgah so don't just dismiss my comments pisgah fans, as I know you will, just what I seen tonight...you will need some improvement or change at QB, I thought that would be the real strength of the team this year considering his age and potential, because pisgah has some good quick receivers with a little size as well, as opposed to THS who have no size at WR and maybe one speedy receiver.

Reactions: mrdud
Also maybe it was me but that stadium seemed dead, no enthusiasm, very little cheering, and stayed quiet most of the time unless there was some yelling about penalties...oh...and Murphys announcer...wow that guy! Maybe it was just first game nerves for fans as well, or just a case of not being yet entrenched in football season I suppose.

Reactions: BK13T-$
He listens on the radio while he cleans bathrooms
Jealous because i am always right about bad news bears. I love always being rigjt son you know nothing about football lol. Pisgah overrated again love it lol

and as I could see Murphy can't throw the vall
10th grader starting his first varsity game. He has the tools and looked a lot better in the 2 scrimmages. I think nerves were definitely a factor and mentally the varsity game is going to have to slow down for him a bit still.

Pisgah loaded the box all night because they had no fear/respect for the pass. Once Rumfelt gets settled in (and I definitely feel he will at some point this season) Murphy will be much tougher offensively because those running lanes for the backs, with that big line in front of them, will be there. Beyond that Pisgah has probably one of the best D's Murphy will see this year, so Rumfelt should have more time and opportunities against many of the other teams on the schedule.

Nothing that I saw from Murphy tonight concerns me a ton when looking big picture. People will recall that Murphy's QB last year had kind of a rough go of it during the non conference schedule before things started to click for him during conference play. When Rumfelt gets to the point he can keep opposing defenses honest this will be a very hard team to beat, as long as they stay healthy.

Last edited:
Not as of now but over half of last year and when he first came to pisgah he tried remember the awful embarrasing NB lost. If he has any say so in the offense it has struggled. he had to hire an offensive coach last year after forcing the best mind on the team out. Someone who on paper seems like he might know offense but in real life struggles. As for your rude unwarranted remark toward me only shows your intelligence level. curse words a signs of a weak vocabulary and low self discipline
If your such a fan of him...they'll take your money at Smoky on Friday nights...get yourself a smoky schedule so you'll know where their playing.... But I'd bet you've already got one

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Just my opinion but I think we will find out in the upcoming weeks that Murphy played a darn good Pisgah team last night. I was impressed by the bears defense and especially their D line. Could be one of the best D lines that Murphy sees all year. Murphy's young QB with some growing pains, give him time, he's going to be a good one. Good win for the dogs.

Just my opinion but I think we will find out in the upcoming weeks that Murphy played a darn good Pisgah team last night. I was impressed by the bears defense and especially their D line. Could be one of the best D lines that Murphy sees all year. Murphy's young QB with some growing pains, give him time, he's going to be a good one. Good win for the dogs.
I agree totally. The last two years we have faced Pisgah our qb has been making their first varsity start at the position. Pretty tough team and Defense for your first start in my opinion. Our sophomore qb looked like a sophomore last night. But I'm like you, I think he has a great career ahead of him. I remember another sophomore qb that had a rough first start at the "Bob" also. His Jersey is now hanging up outside the gym. Not comparing players by no means. Just saying I'm looking forward to watching 12 mature under this staff.

#12 will be fine in the long run. Biggest thing right now is that he's holding on to the ball way too long. As good as the line is, they can only give you so much time.

When things start slowing down for him mentally and he's able to process the D and make quicker and more decisive decisions the offense will look a lot better.

I agree totally. The last two years we have faced Pisgah our qb has been making their first varsity start at the position. Pretty tough team and Defense for your first start in my opinion. Our sophomore qb looked like a sophomore last night. But I'm like you, I think he has a great career ahead of him. I remember another sophomore qb that had a rough first start at the "Bob" also. His Jersey is now hanging up outside the gym. Not comparing players by no means. Just saying I'm looking forward to watching 12 mature under this staff.

I was able to go watch the game last night. I heard MHS lost a guard and switched the center to the guard position which definitely disrupted the exchange a few times. #12 managed the game but only threw 4 or 5 times. One drop and one complete for a short gain. Good throwing mechanics and He looked fast but never got outside Pisgah's DE's who played extremely well. Lots of potential if he's a sophomore. Also heard they have a first year receiver playing as well as a freshman WR. MHS may be better than people are thinking! I wish the Bulldogs and Bears a good season.

Interesting reads in this thread. Congrats to Murphy on the win! Goodluck to Pisgah on the rest of the season!

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT