ADVERTISEMENT

Perquimans vs Tarboro

I’m worried about tonight. We thought we are gonna blow this team out…This Tarboro team isn’t good enough to overlook anyone. Perquimans is gonna win this game if we don’t wake up

One of our biggest issues in my opinion is lack of numbers. We had 26 guys dressed tonight.

Hopefully when JV ends we can have some of those guys fill in for a couple of plays to give the starters a break.

Two things, first, which many of our fans will not like, but I’ve said it all year, we are not close to what we’ve been the previous five seasons. Second, yes, they are better than north side
Losing Jordan and Jerome has hurt us really bad tbh. This team is MUCH better than Northside. This team tonight stepped up and said hey Tarboro we're coming for you. So folks may want to hold off on that guarantee of us going to States. And you are exactly right this Tarboro team is nothing like the previous five seasons were offensively we are pretty good aside from the Rocky mount game. But one thing defensively that has really started the rare it's ugly head is the amount of tackles we miss. Adjustments need to be made immediately

Reactions: UNC91
Losing Jordan and Jerome has hurt us really bad tbh. This team is MUCH better than Northside. This team tonight stepped up and said hey Tarboro we're coming for you. So folks may want to hold off on that guarantee of us going to States. And you are exactly right this Tarboro team is nothing like the previous five seasons were offensively we are pretty good aside from the Rocky mount game. But one thing defensively that has really started the rare it's ugly head is the amount of tackles we miss. Adjustments need to be made immediately
As crazy as this sounds but I thought We looked better in the Rocky Mount game than we did tonight. We weren’t physical at all tonight.

As crazy as this sounds but I thought We looked better in the Rocky Mount game than we did tonight. We weren’t physical at all tonight.
And I'm going to go on record and say the team we played Tonight would beat Rocky Mount. Offense was phenomenal we scored every possession but defense needs serious adjustments.

And I'm going to go on record and say the team we played Tonight would beat Rocky Mount. Offense was phenomenal we scored every possession but defense needs serious adjustments.
we have to remember those kids are playing both ways. Our lack of depth is showing up. Also we don't have the speed we normally have on defense. And it looks as though we may have lost another starter tonight. The quarterback for that team is their offense. They spread you out wide and he ran to the weak side play after play. He is very quick and elusive and the fastest on the field. Its been a while since we didn't have the fastest player. Also the number of tackles we are missing is alarming.

we have to remember those kids are playing both ways. Our lack of depth is showing up. Also we don't have the speed we normally have on defense. And it looks as though we may have lost another starter tonight. The quarterback for that team is their offense. They spread you out wide and he ran to the weak side play after play. He is very quick and elusive and the fastest on the field. Its been a while since we didn't have the fastest player. Also the number of tackles we are missing is alarming.
I don't know man even in the few plays that he was out their offense was still making plays against us. I do agree with you though it's been awhile since we haven't had the fastest player on the field. Or lack of depth is definitely starting to show up to because usually we have a sideline that is big enough for 3A and 4A schools we definitely are a 1A size team this year. With all that being said I don't believe Tarboro will have another challenge like they had tonight for the rest of the regular season I could be wrong but I don't believe we will.

We are down this year also. Best of luck. You all will get better. Too good of a coaching staff not to.
I don't know y'all did have an impressive win against Rocky Mount. Your upcoming game against northeastern will be a tell tale sign if y'all are truly down or not. And yeah I agree with you about the coaching staff but I know one thing's for sure they're going to have their hands full with this defense. Offense has been great this year other than the Rocky mount game which we did score in I know the record is going to say we didn't but we did.

Reactions: AcesWild2323
Very late to this thread but Perquimans would've been a state championship contender this year had two of their best players not transferred to play at Northeastern. One of their former players EJ Gatling is absolutely lighting it up over here in Elizabeth City. The kid is one of our top players. Hey @AcesWild2323 , I think I know who you are 😉

Very late to this thread but Perquimans would've been a state championship contender this year had two of their best players not transferred to play at Northeastern. One of their former players EJ Gatling is absolutely lighting it up over here in Elizabeth City. The kid is one of our top players. Hey @AcesWild2323 , I think I know who you are 😉
Would have been? Idk man the team I saw on that field Friday night made a statement. It is incredibly rare for a team to come into Tarboro and show no signs of intimidation it's easy to get intimidated walking into Tarboro heard plenty of stories about that. But they came into our stadium and dropped 40 on our defense. I will say they had no answers for Tarboros offense. I have a strong feeling these two are gonna meet again in the playoffs. Good luck to northeastern this Friday maybe this is the year they win that elusive state title.

Reactions: daagoob
Yeah it’s been a long time since Tarboro has ran up against a QB with that type of playmaking ability with his legs and arm..Probably the last time we’ve seen one like that was in 2011 against Kinston when they had CJ Bradshaw.

Yeah it’s been a long time since Tarboro has ran up against a QB with that type of playmaking ability with his legs and arm..Probably the last time we’ve seen one like that was in 2011 against Kinston when they had CJ Bradshaw.
Jefferson was good but he was more so a pocket QB. He would pop off some runs now and then but this kid from perquimans the other night was very deadly especially outside the pocket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT