ADVERTISEMENT

Pender game announcer

pantherfaithful1984

Apr 28, 2005
Code of Expectations for Public Address Announcers
The NCHSAA expects the following of all announcers, especially when “working” postseason
competition:
1. Announcers shall understand their role: to provide pertinent information in a timely manner; to
be professional and not attempt to be bigger than the game or event by doing play-by-play or by
providing commentary in an effort to entertain or to draw attention to him or herself. The
announcer is considered a member of game administration for the host school.
2. Announcers shall understand that they have a tremendous influence on the crowd; therefore,
cheerleading or antics designed to incite the crowd for the purpose of gaining an advantage for
their team is inappropriate.
3. Announcers shall promote good sportsmanship and a positive environment by what they say
and how they act. Announcers shall read all NCHSAA and any school provided sportsmanship
statements.
4. Announcers shall treat the opponents and their fans as guests--not the enemy.
5. Announcers shall respect the individuals who are responsible for the conduct and
administration of athletic contests and events, such as coaches, officials and administrators, and
shall refrain from critical comments.
6. Announcers shall respect the participants of all teams and display objectivity when introducing
the starting participants, announcing substitutions and the outcome of plays or performances of
the participants.
7. Announcers shall be competent. This means following approved announcing guidelines,
expectations and policies, such as emergency procedures, which would be provided by the
administration or the host facility.
8. Announcers shall be prepared, such as being familiar with the correct pronunciations of the
participants’ names, knowing the rules of the sport, the officials’ signals and how the game is
played.
9. Announcers shall be professional in their behavior and represent the school and community
with respect and dignity at all times by what they say, how they act and how they appear.
10. Announcers shall not use alcohol and tobacco products at the venue.
(The National Association of Sports Public Address Announcers served as a
website resource for these expectations.)

Just thought you would like to see this because I don't believe you have. You are a game announcer, not a cheerleader, and not a DJ in the club on Saturday night. Entertaining though but you shouldn't be
the focal point of the contest.

Reactions: dogs79
You should send that to the announcers at Polk and Mountain Heritage. Especially Heritage. He is soooo annoying!!

Code of Expectations for Public Address Announcers
The NCHSAA expects the following of all announcers, especially when “working” postseason
competition:
1. Announcers shall understand their role: to provide pertinent information in a timely manner; to
be professional and not attempt to be bigger than the game or event by doing play-by-play or by
providing commentary in an effort to entertain or to draw attention to him or herself. The
announcer is considered a member of game administration for the host school.
2. Announcers shall understand that they have a tremendous influence on the crowd; therefore,
cheerleading or antics designed to incite the crowd for the purpose of gaining an advantage for
their team is inappropriate.
3. Announcers shall promote good sportsmanship and a positive environment by what they say
and how they act. Announcers shall read all NCHSAA and any school provided sportsmanship
statements.
4. Announcers shall treat the opponents and their fans as guests--not the enemy.
5. Announcers shall respect the individuals who are responsible for the conduct and
administration of athletic contests and events, such as coaches, officials and administrators, and
shall refrain from critical comments.
6. Announcers shall respect the participants of all teams and display objectivity when introducing
the starting participants, announcing substitutions and the outcome of plays or performances of
the participants.
7. Announcers shall be competent. This means following approved announcing guidelines,
expectations and policies, such as emergency procedures, which would be provided by the
administration or the host facility.
8. Announcers shall be prepared, such as being familiar with the correct pronunciations of the
participants’ names, knowing the rules of the sport, the officials’ signals and how the game is
played.
9. Announcers shall be professional in their behavior and represent the school and community
with respect and dignity at all times by what they say, how they act and how they appear.
10. Announcers shall not use alcohol and tobacco products at the venue.
(The National Association of Sports Public Address Announcers served as a
website resource for these expectations.)

Just thought you would like to see this because I don't believe you have. You are a game announcer, not a cheerleader, and not a DJ in the club on Saturday night. Entertaining though but you shouldn't be
the focal point of the contest.
You better hope your team never has to travel to Elizabeth City Northeastern 🤣. You'll be popping pills all night. Our announcer cracks jokes non stop, he's the most entertaining I've ever heard at any high school football game. I don't think the Greenville Rose fans cared to much for him though. What do you think @Otis4411 ?

He had those Rose fans to the left of us laughing. Honestly with the way things have been going with covid I think people need a little humor. I enjoyed listening to him. There was a small crowd from Greenville but he sure made them louder.

Best thing I heard him say was at the end of the game that Pender is back and the team they play next week is in trouble. Don't think so I know who they play

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
Ragsdale’s Announcer last night liked hearing himself talk. I’m fine with some humor and I’m fine with a little bit of grandstanding. Its bush league, but hey…. It’s high school, we can’t all get ESPN talent. Lol

The problem with Ragsdale was that he was second guessing referees. “Looked like a catch, but the call on the field says incomplete”. That’s bullcrap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT