ADVERTISEMENT

Page High School is open

Some options I like for Page are,

The Dudley offensive coordinator
East Surry head coach
Earl Bates from Southeast Guilford.
Earl bates? Not saying he hasn’t been successful in past but he has destroyed southeast guilford….they lost to western guilford this year….

News close to the source tells me that the OC used to be at Page, but Rolfes (who started digging the grave) got a little hot under the collar because his lack of ability as a ball coach was starting to get exposed because the Dudley OC's acumen of the game was way higher. I guess Rolfes got threatened and let him go. Do not know if that would weigh into the decision to go back.

Yeah and I'm sure you know about where else he was looking at not long ago.

Yup he was one of the interviews, and whenever he gets a HC job in the future he will be great Im sure.

They really had great candidates all the way around, but obviously one had a leg up on the competition LOL

Yup he was one of the interviews, and whenever he gets a HC job in the future he will be great Im sure.

They really had great candidates all the way around, but obviously one had a leg up on the competition LOL

Yeah, we had 3 that I would have been comfortable with.

I would be looking at some of the top assistants on the Grimsley and Dudley staff if I were looking for some fresh blood, which is what I think this program needs. I just don't see Page as a top-tier job anymore. Not saying that with the right coach they couldn't return to glory, so to speak, but right now it's not going to attract the likes of a known commodity.

My short list may look like this;

Kevin Russell (West Forsyth)
Kennedy Tinsley (Mallard Creek)
Tim Bagamary (Eastern Guilford)
Montis Lash (B.L. Smith)

I would be looking at some of the top assistants on the Grimsley and Dudley staff if I were looking for some fresh blood, which is what I think this program needs. I just don't see Page as a top-tier job anymore. Not saying that with the right coach they couldn't return to glory, so to speak, but right now it's not going to attract the likes of a known commodity.

Montis Lash (B.L. Smith)
Kevin Russell….haven’t thought about him but think he would be good

Montis Lash (B.L. Smith)
I agree with you, for the most part. A well known coach is probably not going to come here. But, just because it needs a few years (possibly sooner) to get going again does not mean its not a top tier job. The school has a winning tradition and a storied history. In terms of name recognition and pedigree its as top tier as it gets in NC.. Page just isn't competing for titles right now, if that's what you mean by top tier, then yes. It will take a younger guy (ala coach g) to come in an turn things around and mold the program into his own.

I agree with you, for the most part. A well known coach is probably not going to come here. But, just because it needs a few years (possibly sooner) to get going again does not mean its not a top tier job. The school has a winning tradition and a storied history. In terms of name recognition and pedigree its as top tier as it gets in NC.. Page just isn't competing for titles right now, if that's what you mean by top tier, then yes. It will take a younger guy (ala coach g) to come in an turn things around and mold the program into his own.

I don't think that it's out of the realm of possibilities that Kevin Wallace wouldn't be a good fit. He's local, has great ties to the community, he did a great job at NW Guilford, and has a college background. He's an offensive-minded guy too.

Reactions: PagePirates44
I don't think that it's out of the realm of possibilities that Kevin Wallace wouldn't be a good fit. He's local, has great ties to the community, he did a great job at NW Guilford, and has a college background. He's an offensive-minded guy too.
Ill gladly take him back lol

The next coach was practically hired before interviews even took place. Page Admin. already knew who they wanted when the job opened.

Only way he gets it is if their guy turns it down and Wallace always wanted to be back at West Forsyth.

They do but that was my way of saying they knew who they wanted before the process even started.

Cool. I ask because on another thread some dude is proclaiming Southern hired a guy when there was literally zero time for a application or interview process.

Cool. I ask because on another thread some dude is proclaiming Southern hired a guy when there was literally zero time for an application or interview process.
Southern is a mess right now so I’m not surprised by that all at if it’s true.

Speaking for myself and many Page fans, I would like it if information regarding the interviewing and hiring process are not leaked and to please allow the school to make their announcement when ready.
I understand where your coming from completely but for me (a nosey preps guy) I like knowing or hearing about the rumor mill lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT