ADVERTISEMENT

Page High School is open

Out of respect for the late and great coach Kirby, as well as the new coach, don’t compare the two. Totally different eras and coach Kirby’s accomplishments will never be matched at Page.

As for this hire, he may turn out to be what the Pirates need but IMO it smells. If he was on staff and there was any dissension from within I can about tell you where it came from. Good assistant coaches squash infighting unless they have an agenda. Just saying.

Coach Rob was a good coach. Anyone that knows him knows that. Was he a throwback? Sure, but his record of success speaks for itself. Hope he lands in a place where he is appreciated.

As for the Pirates, only time will tell. There is a gap that won’t be easy to close as long as coach Brown stays at Grimsley and coach Davis stays at Dudley.
Wow, youre really reaching here. Especially with the Kirby thing. I wasn't comparing their accomplishments... that would be ignorant, and its a shame you even brought that up. What I said has some truth to it. I heard stories of when Kirby was hired at Page (and was there when Gillespie was hired too) and many people asked the same question that many people asked on here, "Who?" That is all i was trying to compare, r e l a t i v e unknowns.

If I knew, I'd tell you....
Well you seem to be a pretty insightful poster and loyal to the pirates which I respect….I just don’t see how you like this hire though considering the caliber of applicants thought to have applied for this job

I missed you all! Just got off the road from Recruiting. I heard that hired a coach for Page high school..LOL! I am very excited to see this young man get his chance to lead a program. I am sure that are lot of negative thoughts about a new coach taking a big program like this. When you look at it from a inside looking out the choice was made for the betterment of the environment. I saw a lot of names being thrown around and rightfully so we can all have our own opinion. There are several coaches in our area that has not had any coaching experience who are head coaches. I want to congratulate this young man and give him some really good positive energy. As we all know, you are only as good as your assistant coaches and nothing will change in this situation. Coach Hann has defensive coordinator experience and went to the 3rd round in years past. Although lots of coaches don't know about Coach Hann, his strength is secondary play. The last I checked that is one of the hardest positions to coach out side the offensive line and Quarterback play in my opinion. Page made the best decision for their program for the vision that they see their program. Why hire a coach that will just leave and take another job and use Page as a stepping stone career move? Congratulations to this young man and I hope he does well. Kids will now stay because he has good relationships with the community and he cares about everyone. In 2024, no negative energy for me no more! Always remember it is not how much you know, but how much you can get them to know. They are going to play hard for him, and if he don't do well, it won't because he didn't try!
Merry Christmas Everyone,

I missed you all! Just got off the road from Recruiting. I heard that hired a coach for Page high school..LOL! I am very excited to see this young man get his chance to lead a program. I am sure that are lot of negative thoughts about a new coach taking a big program like this. When you look at it from a inside looking out the choice was made for the betterment of the environment. I saw a lot of names being thrown around and rightfully so we can all have our own opinion. There are several coaches in our area that has not had any coaching experience who are head coaches. I want to congratulate this young man and give him some really good positive energy. As we all know, you are only as good as your assistant coaches and nothing will change in this situation. Coach Hann has defensive coordinator experience and went to the 3rd round in years past. Although lots of coaches don't know about Coach Hann, his strength is secondary play. The last I checked that is one of the hardest positions to coach out side the offensive line and Quarterback play in my opinion. Page made the best decision for their program for the vision that they see their program. Why hire a coach that will just leave and take another job and use Page as a stepping stone career move? Congratulations to this young man and I hope he does well. Kids will now stay because he has good relationships with the community and he cares about everyone. In 2024, no negative energy for me no more! Always remember it is not how much you know, but how much you can get them to know. They are going to play hard for him, and if he don't do well, it won't because he didn't try!
Merry Christmas Everyone,

Im gonna wish him well and hope it really does go well. I look forward to seeing page get back to being page!! However, I do have to agree with some of these other thoughts as well, if this doesn’t go well then oh boy is page in trouble imho!!

Page was in trouble when Coach G left. Did anyone say that then? 2 Coaches in the last 5 or 6 years at Page. Remember a hit dog will scream. Didn't hear that then. Nothing but praise. Smh

Page was in trouble when Coach G left. Did anyone say that then? 2 Coaches in the last 5 or 6 years at Page. Remember a hit dog will scream. Didn't hear that then. Nothing but praise. Smh
I think it’s more that it doesn’t sound like this guy has even coordinator experience at page and now is the head coach of a pretty storied program….I do think there is a ladder that most climb before they reach to head coach of a 4a program….funny how some in todays time climb that ladder faster lol

Im guessing you’re the hit dog? Cause the only person that seems to be hurt/hollering here is you!! Excuse me for making an observation! Notice I didn’t say anything about the coach not being qualified? All I said was if this doesn’t work out they will be in trouble as I don’t believe they can comeback from going through another coach being unsuccessful within the program

Im guessing you’re the hit dog? Cause the only person that seems to be hurt/hollering here is you!! Excuse me for making an observation! Notice I didn’t say anything about the coach not being qualified? All I said was if this doesn’t work out they will be in trouble as I don’t believe they can comeback from going through another coach being unsuccessful within the program
Love, Love, Love,....LOL! Right if any of the new coaches don't work out the program will be in trouble. There is a learning curve for any program. I think we are just use to seeing programs and great coaches in these programs. I think if you look the big picture Coach Rod's pedigree has spoken for his legacy. He has assistant coaches that are HC's now that came from his mentorship. To me, that speaks in volume. Reddawg01 Merry Christmas!

I think it’s more that it doesn’t sound like this guy has even coordinator experience at page and now is the head coach of a pretty storied program….I do think there is a ladder that most climb before they reach to head coach of a 4a program….funny how some in todays time climb that ladder faster lol
Not true, With all due respect he has coordinator experience and he has been coaching for 10 years. Longer than the HC at Southern. Honestly, the times have changed. I believe we are looking Page but the facts is this...Is is possible that he interviewed better then his counter parts. I am just being fair about the chances that some get and sometimes you can just be the right guy for what the school needs. Bob Segar said it best" Every race that start, always end the same"....LOL Merry Christmas NW!

Well you seem to be a pretty insightful poster and loyal to the pirates which I respect….I just don’t see how you like this hire though considering the caliber of applicants thought to have applied for this job
I don't know as much about the program as i used to back in 2003-2016. I started getting a lot busier with other things in life and only attend games when I can now.

Who are you referring to who were thought to apply for the job? I'm assuming you have more insight than I do, now that you say this. From what we heard from the beginning was that the admin at Page liked their guy from the jump, this is most likely him. If you're referring to Tinsley, lets just say there are some people down 85 who aren't super keen on him. I'm not sold he would work out at Page.

Last edited:
We knew it wasn't going to be pretty. especially when Coach G left during the later phases of the summer program... I wasn't a big fan of the guy who took over after him too, but we gave him a chance and watched it go south.

Give the guy a shot. If it does not work out, it will be ok. He needs a mentor that can help him learn to manage an entire program. That will be the hardest adjustment for him. Learning to prioritize things, while not minimizing other items too much. As long as that happens, he may be ok.

From what I do understand, a current sitting head coach was offered the job and turned it down. It was not Tinsley.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Not true, With all due respect he has coordinator experience and he has been coaching for 10 years. Longer than the HC at Southern. Honestly, the times have changed. I believe we are looking Page but the facts is this...Is is possible that he interviewed better then his counter parts. I am just being fair about the chances that some get and sometimes you can just be the right guy for what the school needs. Bob Segar said it best" Every race that start, always end the same"....LOL Merry Christmas NW!
Merry Christmas to you as well!! Really enjoy reading your post….yeah but comparing southern guilford and page is like apples and oranges

Reactions: FootballThanos2023
I don't know as much about the program as i used to back in 2003-2016. I started getting a lot busier with other things in life and only attend games when I can now.

Who are you referring to who were thought to apply for the job? I'm assuming you have more insight than I do, now that you say this. From what we heard from the beginning was that the admin at Page liked their guy from the jump, this is most likely him. If you're referring to Tinsley, let’s just say there are some people down 85 who aren't super keen on him. I'm not sold he would work out at Page.
I heard through rumor mill OC at Dudley….just look at the points he put up throughout the year….I was sold

Reactions: RammanuelKant
I heard through rumor mill OC at Dudley….just look at the points he put up throughout the year….I was sold
that was just a rumor from what I was gathering. rumor also has it that a certain coach in meck county interviewed somewhere in the triad, but it wasnt page.

Give the guy a shot. If it does not work out, it will be ok. He needs a mentor that can help him learn to manage an entire program. That will be the hardest adjustment for him. Learning to prioritize things, while not minimizing other items too much. As long as that happens, he may be ok.

From what I do understand, a current sitting head coach was offered the job and turned it down. It was not Tinsley.
Luckily he has Coach Hagan (AD), who has been around the program for many years.

Merry Christmas to you as well!! Really enjoy reading your post….yeah but comparing southern guilford and page is like apples and oranges
You are right. The comparison is not the same but the chance is still the same. I think every coach has the right the at least earn their shot to but on one or the other of the football world. I think this is going to be interesting in two ways. One, You must get assistants that will help you promote your agenda. I have not dog in the fight! I just hope that both programs are able to compete. Happy New year Bro!

Please understand that this program will take some time to rebuild. I will not say anything about who is clueless, I am just saying this, Each coach that was hired this year did not pick them selves. There will be a learning curve either way. 2024 will be good!

I wish some of you grown men on this site would grow up and get a life. Sorry Page didn't make some of you happy about their hire. Get a life will you.
well fella the reason I am on here is to read other post and to get informed....also enjoy sharing my opinion and hearing others and yes I do like a lil discussion....if u dont like it dont read it

Reactions: RammanuelKant
I wish some of you grown men on this site would grow up and get a life. Sorry Page didn't make some of you happy about their hire. Get a life will you.
I could care less about Page and who they hire. It is a little disconcerting the trend of underqualified coaches getting HC opportunities especially at strong popular programs with many very qualified applicants.

If you are a coach that has
Worked your way up from position coach to coordinator to HC you might look at these situations as a joke. Now this is not a dig at anyone but there was a time when you worked your way up. But oh well the days of the backpack coach is upon us and that’s that

I could care less about Page and who they hire. It is a little disconcerting the trend of underqualified coaches getting HC opportunities especially at strong popular programs with many very qualified applicants.
Qualified???? Don't make me laugh. Are you Irish ? I see what this is about. Y'all are mad because of what ??? Qualified or your buddy didn't get the job. Or is there another reason??? Hmmmmm.

If you are a coach that has
Worked your way up from position coach to coordinator to HC you might look at these situations as a joke. Now this is not a dig at anyone but there was a time when you worked your way up.
Sorry but that's the old way . Those times are gone. Old way is just old way. Sure you're not the same age as you were last year. New era get use to it time has changed only . I know you hate that right?

Reactions: New3ra
Sorry but that's the old way . Those times are gone. Old way is just old way. Sure you're not the same age as you were last year. New era get use to it time has changed only . I know you hate that right?
??????????????? Again the back pack era coach is upon us. It is what it is

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT