ADVERTISEMENT

Page High School is open

I'm hearing a head coach in Triad and an assistant coach from the area. Looks like we'll find out soon.

I think Page would benefit the most from an Offensive minded coach that can develop quarterbacks and offensive line play.

This choice is interesting. Still not sure what the previous coach wasn't doing that this guy can and will do. Will he keep kids from leaving and maybe bring in a few? I guarantee he doesn't know more about football.

Good luck!

He was one of the assistant coaches at Page. Great dude! The kids love him! I think he will help keep some of the kids @ Page

Great Hire, imo! The kids love him and will run through brick walls for this guy! Bringing in a good staff around him will be key in turning things around at Page. Exciting times!

Coach Kirby and Coach G were relative unknown commodities when Page hired them. We trust Coach Hagan, AD, in his judgement in what this program needs. He's seen it at it's bottom and it's top.

Coach Kirby had won a state championship at Edenton. He wasn’t an unknown.
Relative to 4A ball and the Triad area. Many people in Greensboro at the time didn't know who he was back then. Not saying he was unknown altogether. I was just trying to give somewhat of a parallel to the kinds of hires we've seen at Page in the past. What do you know about Coach Hann?

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Relative to 4A ball and the Triad area. Many people in Greensboro at the time didn't know who he was back then. Not saying he was unknown altogether. I was just trying to give somewhat of a parallel to the kinds of hires we've seen at Page in the past. What do you know about Coach Hann?
I just wanna know what side of the ball he coached ? As of now it sounds like they hired a cheerleader

Out of respect for the late and great coach Kirby, as well as the new coach, don’t compare the two. Totally different eras and coach Kirby’s accomplishments will never be matched at Page.

As for this hire, he may turn out to be what the Pirates need but IMO it smells. If he was on staff and there was any dissension from within I can about tell you where it came from. Good assistant coaches squash infighting unless they have an agenda. Just saying.

Coach Rob was a good coach. Anyone that knows him knows that. Was he a throwback? Sure, but his record of success speaks for itself. Hope he lands in a place where he is appreciated.

As for the Pirates, only time will tell. There is a gap that won’t be easy to close as long as coach Brown stays at Grimsley and coach Davis stays at Dudley.

Wish the new coach well, but 4A is a tough place to start for a 1st time HC. Interested to see what kind of staff he can attract.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT