ADVERTISEMENT

Page High School is open

N Davidson and S Alamance may need coaches if they cant just promote the interim. Walkertown is the only other are opening in the are Im aware of. Edited to note I forgot Southern Guilford is open

I could see him going to either Ndavidson or Salamance. He would be a good fit at either of those places

Coach Boykin at southern might apply for page job lol
He won't get a interview. Not to be funny I went back and watched his team last year. Oh my! He didn't have not plan. Even though majority of his kids were freshmen you have to have a plan. I would have stacked my JV and let my Varsity take the hit in this situation. Confidence is a powerful thing.

Reactions: nwguilford007
It will be interesting to see who gets the page job…..maybe Calvin brown from Asheboro take it and go up against his brother at Grimsley lol

It will be interesting to see who gets the page job…..maybe Calvin brown from Asheboro take it and go up against his brother at Grimsley lol
Calvin, is a great guy and taking the Asheboro job was a very serious thing. Leaving the Asheboro job would be a serious mistake. Why? Some would look at the job and say its the better fit but do you know the community? You must know the community and the demographics of what you are dealing with and also what you are able to get. Having your brother in your back door would only create a whisper of him in comparison and being better and do you really need that that. Page is a good job but needs a no name to take over for the expectations. If I was Calvin, I would create my own legacy. Sometimes we can go out of Gods will. Think about it like this new realignments are coming up in another year. Too many moves can create a red flag about you as a coach. Sometimes you have to make a job good and not think that the job is perfect.

There’s too many schools in Guilford Co. and talent would be spread too thin for anyone to actually contend if more schools were good. I know some names that would shift the entire dynamic in that area.

Reactions: nwguilford007
There’s too many schools in Guilford Co. and talent would be spread too thin for anyone to actually contend if more schools were good. I know some names that would shift the entire dynamic in that area.
I think its going to take a good staff. Just being a HC is not good enough anymore. Good Example Dudley staff has been together for at least 4 years or more the experience is a factor. Every program has to grow into a winning one. You win the conference first and then you jock for seedings. When I won the title we knew that the seeding would be the key to us winning it. The plan is simple but complicated too. This also means keeping in touch with your kids during the off season and not just talking to them when the spring comes. Football is not a seasonal sport even though we see our kids play other sports. You really have to understand the family of what the entire agenda is. Every HC can see that part of the picture. They only see the grades and not the heart of love that comes with wanting to be with the program.

Reactions: davisdorm
I am thinking the Patriots will be a landing place for Coach Rob
Could be, he will find something because he is a great coach. It will be tough to change what Fritz have foot printed their offensively. Now, do you change the offense or do you let the offense stay. Most mistakes are made when our egos get in the way. Rob won the state title at Reidsville because of the cookie cut method. Just mange it and it will take care of its self. Some coaches can't handle that part of the feature.

Reactions: RammanuelKant
If this is true, I have faith that Coach Hagan will find the right guy to lead Page back to prominence.

Page's JV team and feeder middle schools, Mendenhall and Swann (both conference champs this season), look good and are well coached. If Page can retain talent this summer going into next year with the right hire, another rebuild could be expedited...

Last edited:
I think its going to take a good staff. Just being a HC is not good enough anymore. Good Example Dudley staff has been together for at least 4 years or more the experience is a factor. Every program has to grow into a winning one. You win the conference first and then you jock for seedings. When I won the title we knew that the seeding would be the key to us winning it. The plan is simple but complicated too. This also means keeping in touch with your kids during the off season and not just talking to them when the spring comes. Football is not a seasonal sport even though we see our kids play other sports. You really have to understand the family of what the entire agenda is. Every HC can see that part of the picture. They only see the grades and not the heart of love that comes with wanting to be with the program.
you won a title? where? just curious

Reactions: RammanuelKant
Ok you need someone who understands the Winston/Greensboro area. I do feel that Page could be a great landing spot for many coaches and it is ripe for the picking. Should get a lot of interest
Are there any assistants that want it? and are there PE jobs open?

I think a lot of people outside of public education don’t understand the crushing effects of low pay, pandemics and a rapidly changing youth culture on just plain ol’ teachers. Now, add the pressure of being an HC at a school with a strong football tradition in an atmosphere where players pick schools like picking a place to eat on Battleground. Enduring that, I think a quality coach with multiple championship credentials with multiple schools (Reidsville, Person, Eastern Guilford, Thomasville and Page) doesn’t really need to have a reason.

Amazing to think a guy has been HC at three of the great tradition schools like R, T and PHS.

Why did he resign?
I don't know the details but I am sure he made that decision. He has won everywhere he has been. Page is a place that has a different demographic now and it is not the same school it was 5 years ago and that is not long ago at all. Sometimes the powers moving on is just better.

Reactions: OllO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT