ADVERTISEMENT

NW3A/4A

I think we understood you to say the freshman qb can throw. I like this offense and as the QB develops more, look out. Very few teams in this neck of the woods can defend the pass. When those big lineman learn to pass block effectively, and receivers learn routes this SC offense will be good.

I think we understood you to say the freshman qb can throw. I like this offense and as the QB develops more, look out. Very few teams in this neck of the woods can defend the pass. When those big lineman learn to pass block effectively, and receivers learn routes this SC offense will be good.

Not enough athletes to compete with that offense.

South Caldwell has the same level of athletes as Watauga - probably more.

Watauga has given everyone in this conference a spanking except for Hibriten,
and spanked them the first half. It comes down to kids buying into the system. Freedom has been overloaded with athletes the last few years and have lost games to fundamentally correct programs with far less athletes. I have seen mediocre teams excel by adding a passing game to their offense, it only makes sense. And from a defensive standpoint, the best defensive coaches in the area struggle with passing teams!

They were lacking a little size but if the Oline were 9th graders or some of them then there's a chance. I didn't buy a program Friday night. I used to get them things like crazy but accumulated a bunch here at house over the years. Lost motivation I guess. If I got one I can see the forecast of what they might have next year

Freedom has a kid on jv that's a very good qb, great arm, good field vision, could be one of the bestimated to come out of freedom overall a very talented freshman class.

It isn't so much throwing it every play as having a game plan and multiple options to attack a defense.

Hibritens best teams have at least had some form of a passing game to attack a team that stacked the box.

Freedom has a kid on jv that's a very good qb, great arm, good field vision, could be one of the bestimated to come out of freedom overall a very talented freshman class.
Birchfield is the real deal! One of the best 9th grade qb's in the state.
It will be interesting to see what happens in this current scheme, where there's no real value at that position. Hopefully things will change and he will shatter some records!

and spanked them the first half. It comes down to kids buying into the system. Freedom has been overloaded with athletes the last few years and have lost games to fundamentally correct programs with far less athletes. I have seen mediocre teams excel by adding a passing game to their offense, it only makes sense. And from a defensive standpoint, the best defensive coaches in the area struggle with passing teams!
Just wait til next year, when the Castle brothers are together on Varsity. Watauga's offense will be nearly unstoppable. The kids run like forrest gump, only faster.

Next year I feel it wil be between Watauga and Alexander central for the conference. freedom will probably be young with several sophomores on varsity, but the group is talented and could make some noise the next 2 years after that.

Just wait til next year, when the Castle brothers are together on Varsity. Watauga's offense will be nearly unstoppable. The kids run like forrest gump, only faster.

Watauga has always had some speed even if Caucasian. I oughta know I competed with/coached against them in track. If they woulda had this coach in the 90's, wow. Even Crest woulda been a little nervous. Looking back that would say a lot. I was deeply impressed with them at the Hibriten game.

Next year I feel it wil be between Watauga and Alexander central for the conference. freedom will probably be young with several sophomores on varsity, but the group is talented and could make some noise the next 2 years after that.

So AC will have it going on next year? I had some big hopes for em' in that conf they sit in. They have 2 extremes in that conf, extremely good or extremely below avg. Be good to see them back in the groove of the NW4A. That's their home and they belong there.

Reactions: patsfball
Freedom does have some nice talent coming up and Table Rock Middle just won the conference again..... Bright future ahead for patriot nation

I thought that Castle the QB is a senior this year?
He has some wheels!

I completely disagree. Watauga is loaded with athletes and South just doesn't have many. butch Carter time consuming offense and pounding the ball is the best thing for a south.

Freedom does have some nice talent coming up and Table Rock Middle just won the conference again..... Bright future ahead for patriot nation[/QUOTE

I have to ask. Where will the current freshman QB fit with that Stack-I offense the current coach thinks is the only one the kids understand.

No one is saying South will defeat Watauga this year. I remember some Watauga folks in the 90's talking much like you, saying "we have to run the football up here". I said it then, and I say it now, if running is all you teach, then yes you have to run the football.
Now look at Watauga, they have a HC that is intelligent and understands the game of football who gets the most out of his players. I remember having a conversation with Mike Helms several years ago in which he stated that in order for Freedom to be better they must stop being a run only team, and that he would change that immediately. He did, and Freedom had their best years ever! Every team needs a solid run game, even a novice understands as much, but the best running back in the country needs some help - see BJ EMMONS and FREEDOM HIGH.

So back to South,,,, I like what the guy is doing. T Goins is still getting his carries and South is introducing a passing game. If Coach M is reading, Hang in there and keep throwing the football!!

Good question. He's very mobile and athletic, so if coaching remains the same probably as a running QB.

No kidding, this is one of the best young QB's in the state.

No one is saying South will defeat Watauga this year. I remember some Watauga folks in the 90's talking much like you, saying "we have to run the football up here". I said it then, and I say it now, if running is all you teach, then yes you have to run the football.
Now look at Watauga, they have a HC that is intelligent and understands the game of football who gets the most out of his players. I remember having a conversation with Mike Helms several years ago in which he stated that in order for Freedom to be better they must stop being a run only team, and that he would change that immediately. He did, and Freedom had their best years ever! Every team needs a solid run game, even a novice understands as much, but the best running back in the country needs some help - see BJ EMMONS and FREEDOM HIGH.

So back to South,,,, I like what the guy is doing. T Goins is still getting his carries and South is introducing a passing game. If Coach M is reading, Hang in there and keep throwing the football!!

Watauga still runs the ball mostly lol.

I'm 100% freedom, I cut ties with patton after they refused to help chris deal with the coaching situation.

Never challenge me again heels.. last time the ref almost tossed at flag on u :)

Patsfball
I'll be easy to find tomorrow l, just look for someone wearing a nice Shiny state championship ring.

A ring is a ring, that's correct! As far as the car wash, I need to find one, the ride is filthy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT