ADVERTISEMENT

NW3A/4A

patsfball

Mar 12, 2014
Early predictions. Top 3 are close... look for this to be rebuild year for Watauga.

1. South Caldwell
2. Hibriten
3. Freedom
4. Patton
5. Watauga
6. Hickory
7. St Stephens
8. Fred T Foard

I believe if I heard correctly SC will be running the spread this year with new coach.
Depending on Hibriten's QB does will depend on how well they do. They return almost everyone except the QB. There option offense is dependent on the QB taking care of the ball and making good reads
Freedom lost BJ but they still have plenty of talent.
Is it football season yet?

Can't wait to see what South Caldwell does with this new offense.
Hibriten will be athletic and should compete for conference.
Patton returns key starters - look for them to win 6 plus.
Hickory will be improved but still not competitive just yet.
Watauga will be rebuilding after graduating several key 3 yr starters, including QB.

From what a coach tells me Hickory has no improvement on the line. One kid is not even playing football at 6'6". Not sure if he is even at Hickory. Hibriten has speed on offense. South Caldwell is making big changes to the offense. No idea what Freedom has but I hope the JV kids have made improvements or they will not contend for the conference.

We are ok. This is the first year I haven't picked Freedom to win the conference
in 5 or 6 years, dating back to smac days. Most of the O line returns which is a big plus.
Marcus Hawkins, who is pre season all state is back for his final season. Athletes are
here again but same concerns are here as well. I see us winning 7.

South Caldwell lost almost everybody from last year. I see a big drop off for them.

South Caldwell lost almost everybody from last year. I see a big drop off for them.
It will be interesting to see the new philosophy at South Caldwell. New coach from a different region of the country should be interesting. Hibriten would be my early pick for the crown.

I agree on SC. I think the new philosophy will take awhile. Those boys are accustomed to winning by running over teams with a physical presence.

Have not heard anything specific on Hibriten other than several returners on both sides.

Patsfball, what are your concerns with the Patriots. They seem to have hands down the best talent in that conference every years.

Hickory is a sad scenario. A proud traditional fell apart so quickly.

I know FTF got a new guy. Expectations not high. Is former LR coach Hicks at St.?

Patton has made a little turnaround for the good. Can they continue to move forward?

Its not just Hickory that has taken a plunge downward. All of Catawba County football is in a tailspin. Newton-Conover, Bandys, and Bunker Hill have all been down. The other sports for the Catawba Valley schools have done extremely well. No county in this state can equal the success of wrestling or soccer.

All these schools cannot win without the kids who make good grades and have been team players (block and tackle). All these dumbass coaches who have asked kids to commit the entire year to football, skip vacations, not work in the summer, mandatory first period strength and fitness, and forget other sports can now reap the rewards of their ignorance. Football was once fun, now it's a kid's job.

Have Freedom ever been in the MAC conference? Trying to figure out why they dont play any mountain schools

Defensive lineman Marcus Hawkins (Freedom) verbally committed to JMU
a few days ago. Good luck to Marcus!

Coaches pre season picks are out..... Hibriten is the favorite followed by Freedom.
Patton jr. QB is pre season conference player of the year.

I would go with Hibriten followed by Freedom. I have heard Patton is going to surprise some people this year as well. I may slot them at #3 simply because I don't see much after that. Watauga will be down. South lost a ton as mentioned. Have a new offense to learn which I don't think South has the kids to run. And I hear they are trying to two platoon which I think is impossible at South. So in all honesty, after the top 2 throw a dart.

I've seen South bounce back from heavy senior losses in the past decade. They either finish middle of pack or make first 2 playoff rounds at least. This year, prob be middle of the pack but def not a bottom 3

NW3A/4A Basketball POY is playing Football this year. Anderson Keller should have an impact at wide receiver and safety. 6'5 220 Les McRae Basketball Commit. Hibriten should be a very talented Football team this year.

Musta figured he could bring spotlight to Foard. This is a team that has a Cinderella season like once a decade if that. Sorta like East Burke an St Stephens

NW3A/4A Basketball POY is playing Football this year. Anderson Keller should have an impact at wide receiver and safety. 6'5 220 Les McRae Basketball Commit. Hibriten should be a very talented Football team this year.
Great to hear Keller is on the field! Is Hibriten going to the air some this year?

3rd round for Hibriten or all the way to title game? Let's predict that one.

I say 3rd round. They get on a roll, rip through 2 teams that's tough but not too much to handle then whoever they face will prob be a beast in the 3rd. I say that's were it ends. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong and congrates to em' if they pass on, but that's what I'm going with. If they are not up to the 2010 calibure, it'll be 3rd. Could be 2nd if too relaxed. A decent but not powerful Alexander Central snuck up on em' in 2010 when pretty much the whole state thought they had it in the bag.

Freedom and Hibriten will be a big gate sale if both teams show they have potential obviously.

With so much returning from Hibriten I'd go with them over Freedom by 10 in this preseason prediction. A lot returning makes a massive difference

I have always respected the Hibriten program. Well coached in
what they do. Their one weakness has been their ability
to throw the football.

A decent test is to see how Hibriten does against EB. Yes, I'm sure HiB will win but EB is well coached, QB returns, decent size on both sides of ball, good playoff run last year with at least half or alittle over half of some of those guys coming back.

It'll be a pretty good test to see how HiB uses all of the returning weapons

Tomorrow night at the jamboree in morganton my Patton panthers will finally have something to smile about . The eakin - brawley show begins

Draughn and east Burke looked like trash ... Patton hung with Robinson they couldn't handle eakin. Freedom looked ok

Hibriten and South Point were pretty evenly matched.

IMO Hibriten has a high ceiling depending on how well they progress throughout the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT