ADVERTISEMENT

NW3A/4A

Wow Doss, career move? You can slip over and catch an ETSU game.
Hopefully they are much better this year.... last year lost to a D3 team...
Emory&Henry.

Wow Doss, career move? You can slip over and catch an ETSU game.
Hopefully they are much better this year.... last year lost to a D3 team...
Emory&Henry.
Ya buddy, career/life change type thing. I graduated from Western so I'm hoping to go to the Bristol Raceway when they go up against ETSU. Catamount football hasn't been good since Brad Hoover in like 1994. I am gonna make it to at least 1 Watauga game, maybe homecoming or Hibriten.

Catamounts are supposed to be pretty good this year. One of our
former players Michael Helms is a starting TE for them. The game
at Bristol will be a fun one! I forgot Hoover was a WCU alum.

Hibriten's head coach's son John Lewis I believe has an offer from WNC if I'm not mistaken.

Here's a good one for the thread- what are the chances of Patton FINALLY getting a "W" against the mothership school next door??

Lots of deputy's present at this one to run Salem kids off the field for trying to take the goal post down lol

Reactions: patsfball
Here's a good one for the thread- what are the chances of Patton FINALLY getting a "W" against the mothership school next door??

Lots of deputy's present at this one to run Salem kids off the field for trying to take the goal post down lol
LOL. I don't know if Patton can overcome the big brother thing.... but this
will probably be their best chance yet.

LOL. I don't know if Patton can overcome the big brother thing.... but this
will probably be their best chance yet.

I agree man. If they do anything big this might be their chance. Oak Hill/Glen Alpine area has always carried the talent so they better take advantage. Neither school suffers from senior loses as bad as draughn and EB do.

Where is that brown-noser DLS from 2 yrs ago?? We would like to hear
more about the football dynasty at Freedom you mentioned??

No. Butch is a good guy but just a super model of Allen. Send both
to the most western part of NC....or slip em in to Tennessee.

Well I just saw Butch as a smart play caller. Even if he does run the same kinda offense as Allen.

So what...in the worlllllld....happened to South Caldwell???? I mean good grief they got back Goins this year. Very good RB. Or was last year anyway.

Little 2A Hibriten will win the Northwestern 3A/4A conference and the rest will suck hind tit. Record it for season's end. I have spoke the gospel of football.

Nothing of what I've expected in the outcomes of this conf. Works kinda like that stock market. New predictions and this should be dead set after last night

1 Hibriten- last 2 weeks speak for itself. May be snowing before these boys hit the hoops n net this year. Expecting big things out of the Panthers unless last night was a fluke.
2 Freedom- Nigel Moore clicks and no injuries expect this finish behind Hibriten and possibly 2nd round
3-Patton- going out on a limb with this one. Beating a weaker than last year EB team by low score lowers your stock but I have faith they won't let Hickory or Saint or Watauga sneak up on em'
4- Hickory- I rocked back and forth on this one but being a weaker than normal conf this year I think they take the race horses and do enough to finish in this spot.
5 Watauga- that high scoring game against Ashe (weak but not terrible) has me on edge as to put them here. They'll pull something together to beat the remaining conf teams
6 Foard- momentum momentum momentum. Either last night was beginners luck or Bandys is just that terrible and that being said Bandys game last week was on same level as Bessemer city vs Cherryville.
7 Saint- I think Foard has their number this year. Toliet bowl battle that may be anyone's game to be honest but I'll just flip a coin and say Foard takes them by one score. Should be at number 5 since they upset an actual good SCaldwell team last year but giving it to Foard. Just a feeling.
8 South- let's face it, senior loses, new system, freshman in starting lineup. This very well may be a goose egg season but these 14 15 year olds will learn, grow, get bigger and faster and new coach may be molding up something good for next year and year after. Remember Hickory 94' ??? Then 2 years later?? Stock may not jump near that high but may be something special that will have HiB, WC, and Freedom fans concerned. Only time will tell

Man this conference is ugly after Hibriten, with Freedom a clear second at this point. Everyone else should beat each other. We are now back to the stack I formation. Imagine that.

Last edited:
Hibritren better worry about the Patton panthers . We beat them at there place we will beat them at ours this year .
paws84, them Patton Panthers looked clawless Friday night against E Burke.
I really thought they would dominate in that game.

Nwc 3a4a is weakest in state south Caldwell got new coach new system lot of young players will get better south fans to be patient south has freshmen QB good size will get better prediction hibriten freedom Patton watauga south Caldwell hickory st Stephen's Fred t foard

Well fellars it ain't looking as good as I hoped but ask tom brown how the breeze felt when eakin took off down the sideline !!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT