ADVERTISEMENT

NW3A/4A

Hibritren better worry about the Patton panthers . We beat them at there place we will beat them at ours this year .

Gee, I thought East Burke was gonna be ok this year considering QB returning and size on the line. Unless Brown is that kinda coach that don't take scrimmages serious. Keep in mind, South Caldwell has been tough for the 12 to 13 years rarely having a down season in that time frame. I hope EB is better than ya'll say. I was kinda expecting Draughn to be some better this year.

If Hibriten is hanging with SP, look out folks. Deep playoff run, county champs, black n blue game lame again and one sided. If South Caldwell returns any speed that they had this past spring on the track team, they may adjust well to new schemes. Should be ok, may take 3rd in Conf.

At this point Freedom still looks to be the strongest in the county.
Draughn looked pitiful, East Burke looked pretty good in areas,
and Patton looked ok.

Probably completed 3 out of 6 passes. He's about 5'6 so most passing is going to have to be done outside the pocket. If he makes good reads and doesn't put the ball on the ground we'll be in good shape.
I was more impressed with Hibriten's defense shutting down SP's running game than anything. Pass D is a different story.

I don't see South taking 3rd in the conference. I don't think people took me serious when I said they can't two platoon. They don't have the talent. That's why when it was the 1's vs the 1's EB took it to them. South's coach is an offensive guy and has tried to stack the O and leave the D to try to make it work with the other guys. They will give up a ton of points this year because of that. And that's the bad thing because Kirkpatrick which is the defensive coordinator is the reason they have been so successful. He is a bright coach. That along with them starting up to 4 freshman on the Varsity team out of necessity. One being the QB due to their original starting QB breaking a foot/ankle. I like South and have always rooted for them and will continue to. I just don't see the talent as much this year.

Reactions: sparta1
In blowouts you can 2 platoon otherwise put your best players on the field.
16-18 year old kids should be in good enough shape to play both ways.

Beamer, I would think rainy conditions would tend to favor you guys
tonight. E Burke is throwing about 40 percent, so wet conditions
wouldn't be good for them.

If Hibriten limits turnovers they should be fine tonight. I hope EB can throw it that's something that HIB needs to work on defending.

Freedom has put Niguel Moore in as starting QB after last week
jamboree. Smart Move IMO.... very athletic and learned a lot from
Coach Hardin his freshman year as backup QB. Hasn't started as
QB since middle school, but is a natural in a run first offense.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
About time they used the kid for something other than a decoy.

Freedom running spread/zone read type offense?

40-24 Bandys at the end of 3rd. Someone types the 4th on Twitter so they had it wrong. This game is lasting a lot longer than the others

EB loses big to Hibriten but who in the world saw it to be that horrific if EB quarter back returned

The whole conference lost except Hibriten. And most were pretty bad losses not a good opening night for the NW3/4A.

Freedoms loss is the only one you can't look at and think is awful. This conference is going to be weak big time. It's going to be Hibriten, Freedom, then a lot of bad football teams.

Id like to hear from any Freedom fans at the game last nite, there thoughts? And what they thought about Shelby

Freedoms loss is the only one you can't look at and think is awful. This conference is going to be weak big time. It's going to be Hibriten, Freedom, then a lot of bad football teams.

Right! Despite being blown out, Freedom had some good looking athletes. I really liked CJ Hayden, the sophomore. He's going to be a really good player for them. Obviously, 1 & 10, 24 showed flashes, too.

Reactions: SHS-TheDynasty
Early predictions. Top 3 are close... look for this to be rebuild year for Watauga.

1. South Caldwell
2. Hibriten
3. Freedom
4. Patton
5. Watauga
6. Hickory
7. St Stephens
8. Fred T Foard

Watauga is just too small this year. They're depending on speed to get them through, but you can't win shootouts if you can't make stops. AC had too much gas in the tank on Friday night, gonna be a long one for the Pioneers.

Looks like my take is gonna be something along these lines:

1. Hibriten
2. Freedom
3. Patton
4. South Caldwell
5. Hickory
6. St. Stephens
7. Watauga
8. Fred T Foard

Watauga is just too small this year. They're depending on speed to get them through, but you can't win shootouts if you can't make stops. AC had too much gas in the tank on Friday night, gonna be a long one for the Pioneers.

1. Hibriten
2. Freedom
3. Patton
4. South Caldwell
5. Hickory
6. St. Stephens
7. Watauga
8. Fred T Foard

No no no no noooo.....no no no LOL

Mark this down and I'll eat crow if I'm wrong-

1 Hibriten- an overall Beast
2 Freedom- athletic enough to take 2
3 Patton- much improved but not
Enough for Freedom
4 Hickory-gave Statesville a fit, watch
out.
5 South Caldwell- senior losses and
new system will drag them down.
6 Watauga- better than Saint but may
fall short on South
7 SSteph- wrote em off when they lost
big to WI
8 Foard- smh

Reactions: patsfball
Maidens QB is going to Virginia Tech should have a much better ideal of how good Hibriten is after this friday.

Looking at the bad scoring defense this week, it will be a long season for many teams in the NW 3A/4A. Hibriten's shutout was the only bright spot the first week.

As was mentioned, we'll see how good Hib really is when they face Maiden.

Maybe this will be the year Maiden wins they're conference. Only Lincolnton and East stand in the way of it mostly

1. Hibriten
2. Freedom
3. Patton
4. South Caldwell
5. Hickory
6. St. Stephens
7. Watauga
8. Fred T Foard
Good to hear from you Doss!

Patsfball did u come to Shelby other nite?
If so what u think bout Shelby?
Our D much improved.

Patsfball did u come to Shelby other nite?
If so what u think bout Shelby?
Our D much improved.
No, this was the first opening Freedom game I've missed in years. I kept up
with the game via web. As for Shelby.... one of my favorites! I love the offense,
and it appears the Defense has improved. You guys should win another one.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
After week 1 I think it's obvious that it will be Hibriten and Freedom at 1 and 2. I'm not sure which order but I think those 2 are the head and shoulders above the rest.

I would say after that:
3. Patton
4. Watauga
5. Hickory
6. South
7. Saint Stephens
8. Foard

I think Doss knows more about Watauga than any of us but based on their game against Alexander I will take them as the 3rd or 4th best team. AC is going to be good this year and they hung right in there. South is not good. People keep acting like they always find a way. This isn't Butch Carters ball control and good defense. They are not good. I think Hky will improve and Patton is a sleeper. Obviously St. Stephens lost a great QB and is down and Foard is just Foard...

I'm just glad to see South doing something different. Three yards and a cloud of dust got old. Tough blow at QB.... now playing a freshman. South will be ok once everyone gets used to new system. They will be back.

You guys are really giving Watauga WAAAAAY too much credit. The kids are tiny, their top three skill positions graduated and they're small. Oh wait, did I mention they're small?

Good to see ya again Patsfball. I'm actually in Tennessee now so I'm a Elizabethton High, Happy Valley, Dobbins Bennett, Tennessee High partaker. DB has one of the nicest stadiums around, looks like a D2 college stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT