ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson vs Ledford

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
Alright, let's go ahead and get this one started. CCC title on the line, rivalry, what else is there to say?

Ledford will play like it's their Superbowl, as usual. The knights are better, but can't overlook.

Ledford has looked like two different teams this season, but they have Coleman Reich now and should be at full strength unless someone can comment on that.

Can they stop our offense? I feel they'll score, but not enough to beat us. Would LOVE to shut em out...

Reactions: bkknights93
Alright, let's go ahead and get this one started. CCC title on the line, rivalry, what else is there to say?

Ledford will play like it's their Superbowl, as usual. The knights are better, but can't overlook.

Ledford has looked like two different teams this season, but they have Coleman Reich now and should be at full strength unless someone can comment on that.

Can they stop our offense? I feel they'll score, but not enough to beat us. Would LOVE to shut em out...

Don't kick it to Coleman Reich.

Take care of the ball.

Play defense like you have all year.

Don't kick it to Coleman Reich.

Win.

How many years has it been since this game has had this much importance overall? This game has very big implications all over the place for both teams.

It has to be over 20 years since this game has been this important. Probably much more.

It is 40-4-1, according to Carolinapreps unless I miscounted. They beat us for the first time in 1994 and won three straight. Since then only in 2006 did they break through, when we had coaching turnover.

I saw the East and Ledford game last night and overall was pretty impressed with Ledford. They have a nice spread, read-option offense that mixes in the pass well, that can give ND some problems. Their QB is mobile and has some speed and also throws the ball pretty well. Ledford's defense is overall pretty solid but started out kind of slow against East but after the 1st quarter seemed to settle in. The Ledford kicker is really nice too. He hit a 43 and 37 yard field goal with plenty of room to spare. I heard he hit a 52 yarder in warm ups.

Ledford's size on the lines isn't that great and I think they will play ND close most of the game but think they will get worn down and struggle to contain ND's run game. I say 38-21 ND.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Ah, so they've changed it up? I remember them as a ground and pound team. Gotta watch out for Reich, but the spread uses multiple threats...

Ah, so they've changed it up? I remember them as a ground and pound team. Gotta watch out for Reich, but the spread uses multiple threats...

Ledford seems like they leaned more on the run last night but seemed to lull East to sleep a few times and got them to bite on the play action and then threw it deep. They also ran a few nice screen plays for big gains that were executed very well so ND has to watch out for that and not be over agressive.

Speaking of Ledford, what ever happened to Chris Adams situation? In most counties he would have already lost his job but last I heard he was still suspended?

ND will roll in this match up fairly easy I think....then they will win state

There are very good teams out there. Very bold prediction about states. Don’t think they have enough team speed to beat the elite teams in 2AA Later rounds.

There are very good teams out there. Very bold prediction about states. Don’t think they have enough team speed to beat the elite teams in 2AA Later rounds.

Don't have enough team speed? What are you talking about?! Have you even seen North Davidson play this year? If you have, you would realize your statement makes no sense at all. o_O

Bold?? Theire is nothing bold about picking ND to win it all,they have just as good a shot as anybody out there including Shelby and SP

By that same token we could say I don't see anyone with the strength in the trenches to beat us. Speed is only one phase of the game, and we have enough. The trenches are the most important part of the game, and I see very few 2A teams if any that can match up there.

Reactions: Yellow Jacket POY
We can go back and forth, on and on, until they line up on the field, it is all speculation. I like the Knights' chances as good as most. Excited to see how this all works out. I think ND matches up good with anyone at this point. Here's to a healthy finishing of conference play, then business time starts!

Don't have enough team speed? What are you talking about?! Have you even seen North Davidson play this year? If you have, you would realize your statement makes no sense at all. o_O

I have seen them play and they are strong. Just my opinion that once they get deeper into the playoffs where teams matchup on the O/D line and bring many more athletes to the table it will make a huge difference. Team speed is important when it allows you take away the long ball and rally to the short throw. Good luck to North, they better get it while they have the current tailback. Nobody behind him that can give 3-5 TD’s a game.

I have seen them play and they are strong. Just my opinion that once they get deeper into the playoffs where teams matchup on the O/D line and bring many more athletes to the table it will make a huge difference. Team speed is important when it allows you take away the long ball and rally to the short throw. Good luck to North, they better get it while they have the current tailback. Nobody behind him that can give 3-5 TD’s a game.
We have a kid on JV Cobey Brown thay will carry the torch once TJ graduates.

We have a kid on JV Cobey Brown thay will carry the torch once TJ graduates.

What's funny is that North has always had great running backs. Heck Kennedy was just here before TJ. More will follow TJ, but yes he is amazing with his blend of speed and power.

Back to the game... Dickie Cline is coaching at Ledford now if I'm not mistaken. Interesting side story.

North will shut down the running game and make Ledford one-dimensional. The offense should have little trouble getting points, but expect Ledford to play hard and get after it.

How did ND drop from 4A?
ND would have dropped to 3A this year even without the new high school in the area (Oak Grove) due to the new 20-30-30-20 realignment. Since Oak Grove started with just freshman and sophomores his year, ND's junior and senior classes are big 3A size, and the freshman and sophomore classes are big 2A size.

That hasn't made the 2A schools ND has played very happy, and hasn't made most of the ND fans very happy either. We would rather have been in 3A for a couple of years, but that's not where the NCHSAA put us.

North and Ledford have always had big crowds but have never played the last game of the regular season for a title. Figuring you can add 1,500 or so to the normal crowd. Considering the horrible parking at Ledford, this could be a huge mess!!

Last edited:
I couldn't care less what the Davidson county schools think. Most of them are average to awful even as far as 2A goes and they refuse to do what is necessary to get better. Hope they enjoy those big gates.

Ledford does have ridiculous parking situation. Bring your tennis shoes because you’ll walk a mile to get to the gate unless you get there super early.

I couldn't care less what the Davidson county schools think. Most of them are average to awful even as far as 2A goes and they refuse to do what is necessary to get better. Hope they enjoy those big gates.

What exactly are they not doing to get better? How many state titles has ND win in football?

That went over your head clearly... I'm speaking of West Davidson hiring coaches because of a buddy system and Central Davidson letting a coach go when he brought them success because he was tough on his players. South is a bit different because they've always sucked, but they've had problems for years with coaches getting g in trouble with underage females.

And the answer is we won an area 2a title in 66, and a wnchsaa title in 75 while 3a. Anything else, your majesty? Speaking of which, what does winning titles have to do with what I just said? You can have a successful program without winning titles, just look at Mt Tabor. They've never won a title but are a very consistent program.

North and Ledford have always had big crowds but have never played the last game of the regular season for a title. Figuring you can add 1,500 or so to the normal crowd. Considering the horrible parking at Ledford, this could be a huge mess!!
Seems that even the closest parking spots are still 1/2 mile from stadium, lol

Ready for this game, gonna go ahead and throw my prediction in: The ND offense is going to continue to click, while a challenge will be made by the Ledford D. Feel the ND D is going to limit the Panthers' O to resort to passing......ND 38-13

Isn't the old East Davidson coach coaching at WD? Lingerfelt? I could say a lot about that myself,but I'll just say,at some schools football is not important,and it's painfully obvious that that's the way it is at the school I root for...below average and mediocrity is ok at a lot of places

I remember CD having that bowling ball offense because they beat Thomasville with it,maybe 4 years ago or something,they were building something nice over there at that time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT