ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson vs Ledford

The double wing. Very good offense for the kinds of backs and line Central has every year. But apparently that coach called his players a bunch of p*ssies during practice and the principal was there. He was let go immediately.

Reactions: TVILLEDAWG2370
Lol...that's right I heard that story myself...that's a shame right there,just part of the PC culture now
The double wing. Very good offense for the kinds of backs and line Central has every year. But apparently that coach called his players a bunch of p*ssies during practice and the principal was there. He was let go immediately.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Back to your game...didn't mean to hijack the thread...I'm the type of person that if my team isn't playing,I'll never root for another team to win anything,but I'll be pulling for ND,not really sure why,but I've taken a liking to them for some reason,could be that their posters seem really cool

That went over your head clearly... I'm speaking of West Davidson hiring coaches because of a buddy system and Central Davidson letting a coach go when he brought them success because he was tough on his players. South is a bit different because they've always sucked, but they've had problems for years with coaches getting g in trouble with underage females.

And the answer is we won an area 2a title in 66, and a wnchsaa title in 75 while 3a. Anything else, your majesty? Speaking of which, what does winning titles have to do with what I just said? You can have a successful program without winning titles, just look at Mt Tabor. They've never won a title but are a very consistent program.

Come on nut, it’s just a public board to discuss things. I am not against ND and I hope they can win it all because the other schools in DC cannot pull that off right now. I will not address the His Majesty statement. Programs cycle thru and you will see some rise and fall and sometimes it is talent, coaching and other factors. ND is real good right now and needs to capitalize on their large numbers and outstanding varsity class right now.

Thomasville as an example just won the conference two years ago and went a few rounds into the playoffs and people think the program is dead because they are not winning this season with an under achieving senior class.

Lord. My senior year Meadows came back to coach some defense and we were playing sloppy at best on defense pre-season. We had to have a "stern talking to" and well, we were told if what was said got repeated, don't ever show up on the field again. Needless to say, a point was made and our defense carried us the whole season.

Lord. My senior year Meadows came back to coach some defense and we were playing sloppy at best on defense pre-season. We had to have a "stern talking to" and well, we were told if what was said got repeated, don't ever show up on the field again. Needless to say, a point was made and our defense carried us the whole season.
Hard to imagine Meadows ever getting fired up. LOL

Come on nut, it’s just a public board to discuss things. I am not against ND and I hope they can win it all because the other schools in DC cannot pull that off right now. I will not address the His Majesty statement. Programs cycle thru and you will see some rise and fall and sometimes it is talent, coaching and other factors. ND is real good right now and needs to capitalize on their large numbers and outstanding varsity class right now.

Thomasville as an example just won the conference two years ago and went a few rounds into the playoffs and people think the program is dead because they are not winning this season with an under achieving senior class.
If you look at the overall picture most North folks will tell you that the Junior and Sophomore classes are as strong or stronger than the seniors. Things not changing any time soon.

Thomasville's long run of success under Coach Brown made it so people thought the program was dead just one year after he left lol.

The way you worded it sounded condescending to me. Sorry if it was not meant that way. You know how texting and typing screws up a message with lack of emotion.

It would look bad to get your butt whipped by a legitimate 2A school....... No response necessary!!!!!

That's ok, we beat teams in 4a ball with more than 500-600 students than we had. It happens, and not all schools are normal 2a schools... See the amount of respect we have given to Shelby, South point and Reidsville over the course of many threads for reference...

We saw Tville for years not play like a normal 1a or 2a school. It's not always about size, but these North players are definitely used to a different level of competition than this conference brings...

It would look bad to get your butt whipped by a legitimate 2A school....... No response necessary!!!!!
There are going to be some chances for that to happen, like I've said, I'm excited to see how this all plays out.....there are many respectable teams in 2A/AA. Good luck to yours, I'm guessing SP or Shelby maybe...

Just to entertain this, why would it look bad? ND isn't ranked #1, and are not undefeated, so why would anyone think a 2A school couldn't beat them? I have never been one to put much emphasis on the classification garb, a good football team can beat anyone, no matter

Last edited:
Coach Meadows is a real asset to Coach Flynn and Coach Tesh. He knows defense!

North may lose to a 2A. In fact I would say there is a good chance it could happen.
(winning a state championship is VERY hard to do)

But the fact is there are some seriously awesome 2a teams this year with a lot of talent so frankly I wouldn't be embarrassed about it. It's football and when you have a collection of 18,17,16,15 year old kids, shocking news, they make mistakes. A fumble here, blown assignment there and a poor pass there, wham you lose. It's been known to happen.

Ledford barely beat WD 21-20 and Thomasville 14-7....scratching my head about those 2 games myself,maybe playing down to the competition?

Looking through rosters I noticed the Ledford QB, did this kid play for Welcome in early years, or am I confusing the name with another?

Played without Coleman Reich in those games. He is a huge playmaker.
I was at the West Davidson game, and Ledford was up 21-0 early in the 2nd with Reich having a couple of long kick returns. Reich got hurt, and they looked like a totally different team and barely hung on to win 21-20. I asked a friend who is a loyal Ledford fan if he was that important to them, and he said yes, absolutely. I couldn't believe the change in demeanor and energy without him.

Ledford has been scored on in every game except Salisbury with that said I don’t believe they can contain ND offense IMO. I will say Ledford hooks up a few passes there QB will be pressured like he’s never seen ND defensive line and linebackers play lights out ND has has one of the toughest DE in the state leading the conference with 15 sacks Johnson and Vanmeter swarm to the ball Perrell is back this week and will help in the passing game

I will say this again, hopefully Reich never sees the ball in a punt or kick return situation. I hate to back down from anything, but there are times and places you just have to kick it out of bounds. Better (in my humble opinion) to give up 10 yards of field position because you kicked it out of bounds then to risk outkicking your coverage and giving up a lot more than 10 yards. Same thing with kickoffs, I hope Christopher gets the “kick it deep” sign versus a pooch or even inside (again, my opinion). A punt return, KO return, fumble or interception return could be one of those “oh crap moments” that costs you 6 points and a lot of momentum. I have more than enough faith in our defense based on how well they have played ALL SEASON LONG!!!

Honestly... we need to have our coverage teams sharp might sound insane but kick it to him and find out if they disciplined or not.

Or don't and play it safe, lol good thing I'm not coach.

Reactions: Jfrog99
We have the
Honestly... we need to have our coverage teams sharp might sound insane but kick it to him and find out if they disciplined or not.

Or don't and play it safe, lol good thing I'm not coach.
I gotta disagree with you on this one. Why play with fire? And kicking it to Reich is playing with fire. Ledford will already be motivated enough without a big return to stoke them up.

Maybe we could test our coverage the following week......
I don't think the grade has been too good on the prior tests, but it would be better to do it next week than this week.

I will say this again, hopefully Reich never sees the ball in a punt or kick return situation. I hate to back down from anything, but there are times and places you just have to kick it out of bounds. Better (in my humble opinion) to give up 10 yards of field position because you kicked it out of bounds then to risk outkicking your coverage and giving up a lot more than 10 yards. Same thing with kickoffs, I hope Christopher gets the “kick it deep” sign versus a pooch or even inside (again, my opinion). A punt return, KO return, fumble or interception return could be one of those “oh crap moments” that costs you 6 points and a lot of momentum. I have more than enough faith in our defense based on how well they have played ALL SEASON LONG!!!
AMEN!!

Looks like South Point is sporting 3A numbers, so that one wouldn't apply. No response necessary.

And to all of the other South Point fans who understand the situation and have been respectful, I know your deal is different than ours, but I couldn't let that one go.

Last edited:
Maybe we could test our coverage the following week......

In the playoffs? Bleh.

I’m just gonna say it.... we’re gonna take it to Ledford and if our defense is as good as we think it is, if he gets a big return so be it.

Better to get the special teams found out right now than in round 3 or beyond where there are SERIOUS burners.

Maybe just one or two kicks.... or maybe the black knights won’t need to punt at all!!!

Having Reich allows everyone else to focus on the run against most teams. But North has a few good receivers, not just one. And if you don't have 8 or 9 in the box against TJ, you're screwed. So Ledford has to pick their poison on defense.

On the other hand, their offense is good but not great this year. There are games where they had Reich and still weren't explosive. Difficult to do that against the best defense they'll see this year, yes our defense is better than 4A Glenn by a long shot. I don't think Ledford can keep up with our offense.

But hey, anything can happen and I've been surprised before...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT