ADVERTISEMENT

No one supports a team and school more than Pisgah fans and community.

It takes a community like Canton to have a successful athletic program. Also, Canton is a town instead of one big county school which is much easier to do. Burnsville is another town that is very supportive of their football program at Mountain Heritage and they supported their coach through the losing years until he could build a solid foundation and that is what he has done there. When they started closing the town schools 40 years ago to save money it took the support of the communities out with them. Madison would be a great example of that. Before that school opened in 1973, Mars Hill High School and Marshall were always good in football, basketball and other sports. It's nice to see a school like Pisgah still exists. Great article.

Reactions: PBBear51
It takes a community like Canton to have a successful athletic program. Also, Canton is a town instead of one big county school which is much easier to do. Burnsville is another town that is very supportive of their football program at Mountain Heritage and they supported their coach through the losing years until he could build a solid foundation and that is what he has done there. When they started closing the town schools 40 years ago to save money it took the support of the communities out with them. Madison would be a great example of that. Before that school opened in 1973, Mars Hill High School and Marshall were always good in football, basketball and other sports. It's nice to see a school like Pisgah still exists. Great article.
Not sure that Mountain Heritage is a great example of a "town" school and Madison an example of a "county" school. The two schools are extremely similar with the exception of recent results on the football field.

>Both are the only high schools in their respective counties
>Both schools are located in their county's seat.

>Heritage was created when Cane River and East Yancey high schools consolidated in 1976 (there was no high school in Burnsville before 1976).
>Madison was created when Marshall, Mars Hill, Laurel, and Hot Springs high schools consolidated in 1974.

>Heritage had decades of poor play, with only 2 winning seasons from the time the school opened until 2007 (JR has built them into a successful program, kudos on a great hire and the community support).
>Madison had decades of poor play, also with only 2 winning seasons from the time the school opened until 2007 (they just haven't had the success Heritage has had since 2007).

Parents of the other team team assaulted one of the Haywood County parents, so the Haywood parents jumped in and stopped the assault. More details will come out soon.

You’re so smart, you should put more time and effort into helping the Big T club raise more funds for your athletic programs. With your genius, and intellect you might be able to help them get to 1/3 of what we raise every year. Or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
LOL. I guess its good you have that cash PB.
Never know when you gonna need bail money. :D:p

Last edited:
Reactions: esah2212
Just Canton being Canton. When I saw that on TV I told someone, bet they are from Canton. When it comes to being full blown RED, Canton never disappoints. Guaranteed since 1966. The only community that would lose their trailer over a ballgame that doesn't matter. A fine example for your children. LMAO.

Reactions: 91ths
For you two Waynesville guys. The Blue Ridge Explosion is made up of kids from all over WNC. Several are from Waynesville. I am sure several parents from Waynesville were involved in the fight. Next time I would check something out before proving your ignorance.Rulz-I have been wonder why you changed your name from Bamatide?

For you two Waynesville guys. The Blue Ridge Explosion is made up of kids from all over WNC. Several are from Waynesville. I am sure several parents from Waynesville were involved in the fight. Next time I would check something out before proving your ignorance.Rulz-I have been wonder why you changed your name from Bamatide?
If you saw the video, the people in RED were the parents from Wilkes County. They were the ones throwing the punches and doing the kicking. They were the instigators, cursing and yelling at individual players. The Wilkes parents started the brawl, by sucker punching a Haywood parent when they asked them to stop the cursing and yelling.

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
You all need to quit assuming and find out the facts on the Haywood Team. You may be surprised on where some of the parents are from and where they live. Last time I saw fans from Waynesville fighting was in Canton year before last, brawling each other over seats on Pisgah’s visitor side. Heck, you’re fans can’t even get along with each other. I guess that’s what happens when you mix Floridians and Popcorn Sutton’s Ancestors.
That's weaksauce junior. It said canton team and you don't like it. Tough sh$@.You all are almost franklin bad...…...Hell you are worse!:D

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Canton is high school football. Love watching Pisgah play and their fans are the best. I wish fans like Owen fans could learn from Pisgah fans. Horrible to see how teams like Owen turn on their players and coaches. Dont blame talent like Gibbs leaving that dumpster fire.

Reactions: PBBear51
Just Canton being Canton. When I saw that on TV I told someone, bet they are from Canton. When it comes to being full blown RED, Canton never disappoints. Guaranteed since 1966. The only community that would lose their trailer over a ballgame that doesn't matter. A fine example for your children. LMAO.
I hope that by now you know who the person was that initiated the brawl, a person who represents our side of the county in a prominent position. You really need to watch what you say, because sometimes, eating your own words is more then you can chew.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT