ADVERTISEMENT

No Black Friday?

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Seem to be a very quiet coaching cycle this year - Not many jobs have opened up so far And I think that’s interesting but will see what happens still a lot time left but been very quiet so far unlike past years

So far that I know of to open thus far are: Fairmont, Lumberton, West Brunswick, Union, Catholic, RJ Reynolds, Parkland, EE Smith, Providence Grove, Harding, North Stanly, Central Davidson, Polk, Oak Grove. Any others?

4 or 5 Head jobs in WSFCS alone have already opened some have closed its only 1 Day after the State Championship

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
4 or 5 Head jobs in WSFCS alone have already opened some have closed its only 1 Day after the State Championship
I guess just bc it’s hasn’t been brought up or talked bout bc I remember one year there were like 25+ open across entire state

So far that I know of to open thus far are: Fairmont, Lumberton, West Brunswick, Union, Catholic, RJ Reynolds, Parkland, EE Smith, Providence Grove, Harding, North Stanly, Central Davidson, Polk, Oak Grove. Any others?
Catholic is not open.

Man, EE Smith is a tough sell. They are in a dying neighborhood. They've had almost 5 different head coaches in 10 years. There is an answer but no one in the area likes it. There are/were plans to build a brand new school a few miles up the road, which would flex some of the boundaries. It would also help the Fort Bragg parents keep their kids at the school vs looking at other options. I love old 1600 but we have to be willing to flex and change. The original school was several miles the other way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steelers71
Man, EE Smith is a tough sell. They are in a dying neighborhood. They've had almost 5 different head coaches in 10 years. There is an answer but no one in the area likes it. There are/were plans to build a brand new school a few miles up the road, which would flex some of the boundaries. It would also help the Fort Bragg parents keep their kids at the school vs looking at other options. I love old 1600 but we have to be willing to flex and change. The original school was several miles the other way.
Yep. Doesn't help that they had one of the toughest schedules in the area. It's a tough gig for sure.

Reactions: LC3III
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT