ADVERTISEMENT

My Championship picks

The Queen City can line them up and send them on down. Take 74 east to #1 north the stadium is on the right it's the one with the blinky lights. Ben-Badd will direct you to your seats.
Dont worry after we beat each other up somebody is coming...I wouldnt rush it if I were u tho....

Reactions: Ben-Badd
I know this maybe somewhat off the subject but no need to create a whole new thread

If Richmond does not win it this year it will be okay , but I want to say there is something different about this year raider team ,Then all the raiders team in the past they are doing their job , playing hard and having fun at the same time . Their is a connection & bond that these players have with each other that I have not seen in 30 plus years . The only team I have ever seen have this type of connection is when Deshaun Watson played for Clemson but the Raider bond is tighter . If you are a raider fan you know what I am talking about

I know exactly what you are saying, I see players very focused vs just looking like they are talking/joking around. As much as I want us to win, that in itself is a win too. Stay focused, work hard, and create a culture. It has to start somewhere and it has begun. Glad to see them focused like this.

Per the coaches rep on the Board of Directors at the time the change was made the NCHSAA wanted to do 32 teams / four rounds. The schools wanted 64 and they settled at 48. The four round playoffs would have finished the week prior to the five round playoffs so no open week.

One of the most often voiced complaints during the lead up to the realignment were the vast difference in enrollments in 1A and 4A. The uneven allotment of teams per class was how it was dealt with.

btango-
Seriously, thanks for developing this.
But it is clear as mud.
In your last response, you are discussing ONLY the 1A and 4A classes. They ended up with 48 playoff teams each, correct?
2A and 3A still have 64 teams and five rounds for all.
You stated-
“Per the coaches rep on the Board of Directors at the time the change was made, the NCHSAA wanted to do 32 teams / four rounds. The four round playoffs would have finished the week prior to the five round playoffs so no open week”.
So, apparently, it never concerned the association members that they were advocating a significantly DIFFERENT and additional requirement for the 2A and 3A playoff teams to earn the same equivalent State Championship title as 1A and 4A.
That is unbelievable.
But maybe not.
Ignorance is defined as lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
The decision makers at the association appear to not fully understand the real hardship an extra round in the football playoffs can create. Potential for injuries, upsets, weather factors. Been over this before. In the case of those with a bye, the bye gives an extra week for much needed rest, healing and opportunities for scouting opponents. It is huge.
The association’s lack of that sophisticated level of football knowledge probably allowed them to view it as no different than extra innings or even another basketball game round.
Where was the coaches rep while this present format was adopted?
Who was the coaches rep? Should there have been additional coaches reps for each classification?
Still not understanding the “vast difference in enrollments in 1A and 4A. The uneven allotment of teams per class was how it was dealt with”.
There was even the dividing of each classification into subdivisions for football, so that added a great opportunity to keep similar size schools together.
Please give examples of School A and School B within a classification being so far apart in enrollment to result in this format.

btango-
Seriously, thanks for developing this.
But it is clear as mud.
In your last response, you are discussing ONLY the 1A and 4A classes. They ended up with 48 playoff teams each, correct?
2A and 3A still have 64 teams and five rounds for all.
You stated-
“Per the coaches rep on the Board of Directors at the time the change was made, the NCHSAA wanted to do 32 teams / four rounds. The four round playoffs would have finished the week prior to the five round playoffs so no open week”.
So, apparently, it never concerned the association members that they were advocating a significantly DIFFERENT and additional requirement for the 2A and 3A playoff teams to earn the same equivalent State Championship title as 1A and 4A.
That is unbelievable.
But maybe not.
Ignorance is defined as lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
The decision makers at the association appear to not fully understand the real hardship an extra round in the football playoffs can create. Potential for injuries, upsets, weather factors. Been over this before. In the case of those with a bye, the bye gives an extra week for much needed rest, healing and opportunities for scouting opponents. It is huge.
The association’s lack of that sophisticated level of football knowledge probably allowed them to view it as no different than extra innings or even another basketball game round.
Where was the coaches rep while this present format was adopted?
Who was the coaches rep? Should there have been additional coaches reps for each classification?
Still not understanding the “vast difference in enrollments in 1A and 4A. The uneven allotment of teams per class was how it was dealt with”.
There was even the dividing of each classification into subdivisions for football, so that added a great opportunity to keep similar size schools together.
Please give examples of School A and School B within a classification being so far apart in enrollment to result in this format.

If it was me, this is what I would do. I would petition the NCHSAA until you got the result you were looking for. Now....if for some reason ( cant imagine why) they ignore you because of some rule about not jobs I would then just make up my own response and then post it on here.

My guess is that will have a very large impact!!

My geographically challenged self was including Hough in the Queen City equation.
So that would mean(if all the favorites win out) RC would face Hough, MP, MC in back to back to back weeks....good thing ur home for those. And theres always a favorite or 2 that gets upset along the way.4AA west is going to b real interesting. So Mr. Araider ur calling out all the Charlotte n west teams...like I said were coming!!

When the playoff format came out I think David Gentry from Murphy was the coaches rep. The stance of the 1A schools is and has been they be treated the same as all other classes but they are the classification that pushed for subdividing and the pod system.

The 1A and 4A schools wanted 64 schools in the playoffs. The NCHSAA 32. They settled at 48. If the schools want it changed so there is no bye week the coaches association can push for that and I think they would get it but I am not sure of the demand especially in 1A. That would be all but eight schools making the 1A playoffs. 64 of 79 in 4A.

The push for the offset classification members came from the schools and non football sports coaches with much of the discussion based on charters. Those sports do not subdivide. 1A has 72 football schools but close to fifty non football schools.

In 2011 during the realignment proposals the NCHSAA included a plan with two alignments, one football and one for all others. Davis Whitfield, the director at the time, thought that would be the best option as football could set up classifications and the number of them totally different than the other sports. The schools were heavily against it which I found shocking. Schools being ADs and principals.

The disparity in numbers is aimed more at the non football sports. Going back eight years ago to the region realignment meetings the potential five classification option was presented. First question was a football coach asking if they would still subdivide. I was told that subdividing football was at the top of discussions at each region meeting.

4A ADMs go from not quite 1,500 to just over 3,500. 1A from about 150 (under 100 for non football schools) to over 700 students.

Sandbagging! you guys would give MP all they want and them some. Good luck with the Creek! You guys have some good fans. i enjoyed meeting some when you all visited RC a few years back.
Oh trust...talent wise, we have upper echelon talent in certain areas especially on defense. Other areas....well were jus out there. Maybe tonight is the night it all comes together...... (shrugs)

So that would mean(if all the favorites win out) RC would face Hough, MP, MC in back to back to back weeks....good thing ur home for those. And theres always a favorite or 2 that gets upset along the way.4AA west is going to b real interesting. So Mr. Araider ur calling out all the Charlotte n west teams...like I said were coming!!

I gave clear precise directions above to the stadium we don't want no city folk lost in a corn maze or anything.

I am a former Raider and I may chatch a lot of slack for this but for some reason this team reminds me of the 2005 Raider team that was 13-0 with a great defense and a Stud in Norman Whitley at RB but we loss 22-13 to Myers Park, I hope this team proves me wrong tonight 1 game at a time...

Well we have made it to the semi finals and if you will look all 8 of my champions picks are still in the race ...
What's your thoughts .. Go Raiders

Now that the dust has settled from the weekend, let’s review what was said back on November 20th...

Then...
Interesting year in 4AA.
Not sure where to start.
Richmond County. Mallard Creek. Myers Park.
2 teams are going home disappointed.
Maybe all three.
One will make the State Championship game.
That in and of itself should be viewed as a success.
But it won’t be. Except by Richmond County.

You see, RC fans are the eternal optimists.
Who else posts and keeps 7 out of the top 10 threads on varying topics going on this 4A board year round.
It’s amazing. Magical. Annoying.
For them, just making the Title Game will confirm they are relevant again. Even if they are Runnerups.
That will be worth 10 more years, or until 8 shows up in the year again. Isn’t that how it works?
Top consistent program.......in 4A.

Now...
Back to creating 4A board topics. See you in 9 years. But you have to make the Title game to be truly relevant.

Then...

Mallard Creek.
Top disappointing program. Period.
All that talent. All that national hype.
For what?
3 State Championships. 0 since 2015.
Agree, it appears James Smith was the key.
It is great MC ties and defeats South Carolina powers.
But can it win Charlotte anymore?
Here is some advice. Be a complete team.
Work on special teams. Get a long snapper transfer.
Stress discipline.
Justify the ranking and the hype.

Now...
One can always rationalize that the true Title game was in Round 2....again. If that makes you feel better.

Then...

Myers Park. Their best team ever.
Amazing what NFL genes and coaching can do.
And scheduling.
You beat Hough and Butler, two good programs.
But you dodged Vance and MC, two recent championship level programs.
MP smoked RC last year in the playoffs.
Can they do it again?
Will they get a chance to?
A sentimental favorite as the newcomers.
May be the only time these stars align.

Now....
MP may want to align more stars on defense.
And play MC or Vance in regular season.

Now...
Almost got it right. None of them made it.
So much for byes.
Like many, underestimated Vance.
Vance. You know. Gave new meaning to the “Safety Dance”.
Maybe they can get the Title this time.
But strange things happen at the end of those 4AA Championship games.

Do have a question.
If Vance only had 850 students, do you think they could beat Shelby ?

Now that the dust has settled from the weekend, let’s review what was said back on November 20th...

Then...
Interesting year in 4AA.
Not sure where to start.
Richmond County. Mallard Creek. Myers Park.
2 teams are going home disappointed.
Maybe all three.
One will make the State Championship game.
That in and of itself should be viewed as a success.
But it won’t be. Except by Richmond County.

You see, RC fans are the eternal optimists.
Who else posts and keeps 7 out of the top 10 threads on varying topics going on this 4A board year round.
It’s amazing. Magical. Annoying.
For them, just making the Title Game will confirm they are relevant again. Even if they are Runnerups.
That will be worth 10 more years, or until 8 shows up in the year again. Isn’t that how it works?
Top consistent program.......in 4A.

Now...
Back to creating 4A board topics. See you in 9 years. But you have to make the Title game to be truly relevant.

Then...

Mallard Creek.
Top disappointing program. Period.
All that talent. All that national hype.
For what?
3 State Championships. 0 since 2015.
Agree, it appears James Smith was the key.
It is great MC ties and defeats South Carolina powers.
But can it win Charlotte anymore?
Here is some advice. Be a complete team.
Work on special teams. Get a long snapper transfer.
Stress discipline.
Justify the ranking and the hype.

Now...
One can always rationalize that the true Title game was in Round 2....again. If that makes you feel better.

Then...

Myers Park. Their best team ever.
Amazing what NFL genes and coaching can do.
And scheduling.
You beat Hough and Butler, two good programs.
But you dodged Vance and MC, two recent championship level programs.
MP smoked RC last year in the playoffs.
Can they do it again?
Will they get a chance to?
A sentimental favorite as the newcomers.
May be the only time these stars align.

Now....
MP may want to align more stars on defense.
And play MC or Vance in regular season.

Now...
Almost got it right. None of them made it.
So much for byes.
Like many, underestimated Vance.
Vance. You know. Gave new meaning to the “Safety Dance”.
Maybe they can get the Title this time.
But strange things happen at the end of those 4AA Championship games.

Do have a question.
If Vance only had 850 students, do you think they could beat Shelby ?
Only 11 play at a time call and set something up if not SHUT UP!

7600 IBM Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262

Cmon Nepsy, I’m not taking shots. I’m not arrogant enough to claim I said something profound. What I said shouldn’t be profound, it’s an obvious fact. Why are you reacting the way you are? Man is someone not supposed to say something about the Creek? Are they untouchable? I just made an observation. Good grief! How dare I or anyone else say anything about the Creek! Everyone on these boards has a right to an opinion, you included. If you don’t like it, too bad. The playoff world, even the Charlotte football world doesn’t revolve around Mallard Creek. Now if I or someone else says something about Richmond or Myers Park, that’s ok. One just can’t touch the Creek.

Man preach!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT