ADVERTISEMENT

My Championship picks

BigRaider32

Aug 21, 2019
I've finished all my brackets and I came up with these winners . What are your choices ? I know on any given night any team can win but I feel these teams will be around at the end .
1A Robbinsville.
1AA J.A. Holmes
2A Reidsville
2AA Shelby
3A So. Nash
3AA Weddington
4A Scotland County
4AA Richmond County

I'm looking at your screen name and I'm assuming you're a Richmond fan. Surprise, surprise you then picking Richmond. Not exactly an unbiased pick. And then on top of that you have Richmond and Scotland. A little Sand Hills bias I see as well. This is why in doing rankings I prefer to add computer models in with the polls. With polls, there are too many regional and conference biases that can come into play. Well, if Richmond does win it, they'll have to earn it. If Mallard Creek gets by Vance, then there's a good chance the Raiders will have to beat Myers Park and Mallard Creek, back to back. Pretty tall order.

I'm looking at your screen name and I'm assuming you're a Richmond fan. Surprise, surprise you then picking Richmond. Not exactly an unbiased pick. And then on top of that you have Richmond and Scotland. A little Sand Hills bias I see as well. This is why in doing rankings I prefer to add computer models in with the polls. With polls, there are too many regional and conference biases that can come into play. Well, if Richmond does win it, they'll have to earn it. If Mallard Creek gets by Vance, then there's a good chance the Raiders will have to beat Myers Park and Mallard Creek, back to back. Pretty tall order.
I always like your polls and opinions.. Hopefully. Richmond pulls it off ..

Reactions: Raider7967
I wouldn't try to pickem right now. Alot of schools, good teams, fair ranking teams, upsetters... slot to play... I'm not familiar with the other classes other than 4a, but good luck on your picks BigRaider... I'm picking Richmond and like Honda said it's gonna be a hard road and I think we all knew that each team left in the West would have to win a couple of back to backs to get to the big dance. That's why they're still playing. The BEST team will have to beat all the rest regardless of who they draw. Just take one game at a time.

As they say, "cross that bridge when we get there". GO RAIDERS...

Now.now.Bigraider. You know we dont stand a chance from meck county teams. Just enjoy one more game at Raiderville. Maybe next year we can give a little more competition.
Cmon we’ve had a good conversation so far. Don’t ruin it with that Meck county crap.

Reactions: Wildcats9900
Cmon we’ve had a good conversation so far. Don’t ruin it with that Meck county crap.
Dang dude, chill. Just joking around, and i responded to a raider. Will stay away from your post from this point on. Have at it sir.

Raiders fans are doing what Fans are supposed to do we are standing by our team & supporting them , heck the way Some not all are acting we should just go ahead and not play the game or game’s because the odd are against us . Yes the 4aa west is going to be hard but shouldn’t they all be ? Nothing in life comes easy at least not in chicken farm/Richmond county nc but one thing I can say our boys are home grown
Best wish / injury free games the rest of the way

Reactions: Raiderdev23
But with all due respect ✊ I Appreciate your opinion & it’s good to have a Charlotte insider intake on the games

Sounds alot like 2011. When everyone with the Charlotte bias was looking past Page.

It is yet to be seen if Hood can play up to the standard that Summers did though.

Who is disrespecting and looking past RC? No.1 team in the state....the 4AA west championship has 2 go thru rockingham. No one is looking past them.

Reactions: Raider7967
Sounds alot like 2011. When everyone with the Charlotte bias was looking past Page.

It is yet to be seen if Hood can play up to the standard that Summers did though.

A scoop in score during that game and a deep ball the last play before the half, hit the db’s Foot and landed in the arms of the Wr for a score. Along with Summers playing the best game of his high school career that night. Against a very young coaching staff.

Since that night Coach P has won 3 State Championships and appeared in 4. Along with a OC who has won 4 State Championships in SC. They’re not looking past anyone,

A scoop in score during that game and a deep ball the last play before the half, hit the db’s Foot and landed in the arms of the Wr for a score. Along with Summers playing the best game of his high school career that night. Against a very young coaching staff.

Since that night Coach P has won 3 State Championships and appeared in 4. Along with a OC who has won 4 State Championships in SC. They’re not looking past anyone,
But can they win a title with a quarterback whose last name isn’t Smith? They’ve yet to do that.

But can they win a title with a quarterback whose last name isn’t Smith? They’ve yet to do that.
WF won 3 in a row without a guy named James Smith. Lol! Playing 2 elite SC programs DF & Gaffney at their places, with a elite coaching staff on both sides of the ball, with lots of senior heavy starters I don’t believe you’ll find a more prepared team. Gotta get there 1st!

Last edited:
Interesting year in 4AA.
Not sure where to start.
Richmond County. Mallard Creek. Myers Park.
2 teams are going home disappointed.
Maybe all three.
One will make the State Championship game.
That in and of itself should be viewed as a success.
But it won’t be. Except by Richmond County.

You see, RC fans are the eternal optimists.
Who else posts and keeps 7 out of the top 10 threads on varying topics going on this 4A board year round.
It’s amazing. Magical. Annoying.
For them, just making the Title Game will confirm they are relevant again. Even if they are Runnerups.
That will be worth 10 more years, or until 8 shows up in the year again. Isn’t that how it works?
Top consistent program.......in 4A.

Mallard Creek.
Top disappointing program. Period.
All that talent. All that national hype.
For what?
3 State Championships. 0 since 2015.
Agree, it appears James Smith was the key.
It is great MC ties and defeats South Carolina powers.
But can it win Charlotte anymore?
Here is some advice. Be a complete team.
Work on special teams. Get a long snapper transfer.
Stress discipline.
Justify the ranking and the hype.

Myers Park. Their best team ever.
Amazing what NFL genes and coaching can do.
And scheduling.
You beat Hough and Butler, two good programs.
But you dodged Vance and MC, two recent championship level programs.
MP smoked RC last year in the playoffs.
Can they do it again?
Will they get a chance to?
A sentimental favorite as the newcomers.
May be the only time these stars align.

Do have a question.
Someone please explain how the 4A and 1A playoffs allow byes to the top teams while 3A and 2A do not.
Understand that the association has grouped more schools in 2A and 3A, but why?
It is inherently unfair for 3A and 2A top programs to risk upsets and injury with an extra game for the exact same State Championship goal as 1A and 4A.
Either add teams to the 1A and 4A first rounds, or allow 3A and 2A top teams the bye. They generally crush the weak opponent anyway.

Interesting year in 4AA.
Not sure where to start.
Richmond County. Mallard Creek. Myers Park.
2 teams are going home disappointed.
Maybe all three.
One will make the State Championship game.
That in and of itself should be viewed as a success.
But it won’t be. Except by Richmond County.

You see, RC fans are the eternal optimists.
Who else posts and keeps 7 out of the top 10 threads on varying topics going on this 4A board year round.
It’s amazing. Magical. Annoying.
For them, just making the Title Game will confirm they are relevant again. Even if they are Runnerups.
That will be worth 10 more years, or until 8 shows up in the year again. Isn’t that how it works?
Top consistent program.......in 4A.

Mallard Creek.
Top disappointing program. Period.
All that talent. All that national hype.
For what?
3 State Championships. 0 since 2015.
Agree, it appears James Smith was the key.
It is great MC ties and defeats South Carolina powers.
But can it win Charlotte anymore?
Here is some advice. Be a complete team.
Work on special teams. Get a long snapper transfer.
Stress discipline.
Justify the ranking and the hype.

Myers Park. Their best team ever.
Amazing what NFL genes and coaching can do.
And scheduling.
You beat Hough and Butler, two good programs.
But you dodged Vance and MC, two recent championship level programs.
MP smoked RC last year in the playoffs.
Can they do it again?
Will they get a chance to?
A sentimental favorite as the newcomers.
May be the only time these stars align.

Do have a question.
Someone please explain how the 4A and 1A playoffs allow byes to the top teams while 3A and 2A do not.
It is inherently unfair for 3A and 2A top programs to risk upsets and injury with an extra game for the exact same State Championship goal as 1A and 4A.
Either add teams to the 1A and 4A first rounds, or allow 3A and 2A top teams the bye. They generally crush the weak opponent anyway.
Look who’s finally out of Jail......SMH

Do have a question.

1A and 4A should go to 32 teams and four playoff rounds.

WF won 3 in a row without a guy named James Smith. Lol! Playing 2 elite SC programs DF & Gaffney at their places, with a elite coaching staff on both sides of the ball, with lots of senior heavy starters I don’t believe you’ll find a more prepared team. Gotta get there 1st!
Hear that every year. The Creek most often since Smith left, falters.

Lmao....List me all the other 4aa teams that have one titles since he graduated.
Fine. Apparently you don't think I know much. Well, that could be. So help me out, unless I've missed something. With all the good teams the Creek has had, how many state titles does that program have before Smith came and after Smith left?

Reactions: Wildcats9900
1A and 4A should go to 32 teams and four playoff rounds.

Yes. That is a great answer, btango.
Just give every team in 1A and 4A playoffs a first round bye.
Then they can all go watch the top schlubs in 2A and 3A staying active to crush unworthy opponents while risking injury to key players.
The association can draw the line wherever it wants to for the four classifications.
Why was this done?
To create a shortage of teams in 1A and 4A so as to warrant first round byes?
Who knows the answer to that?

Creek guys.
Exactly! You’re just bored and making stuff up. How could you’ve heard it before, when we didn’t have it before? Out of all the great players that have walked the halls at MC, he’s the only one that has had his number retired. Put him on any team in the State with a good defense, and you’re in for an exciting year. Nothing is guaranteed. Stop taking unrealistic shots and make sense. Any contender chances would increase, if they had him on their team.

It’s like saying the Patriots stop winning after Tom Brady. Duh! No shiggady! You act as though you’re saying something profound.

Last edited:
Exactly! You’re just bored and making stuff up. How could you’ve heard it before, when we didn’t have it before? Out of all the great players that have walked the halls at MC, he’s the only one that has had his number retired. Put him on any team in the State with a good defense, and you’re in for an exciting year. Nothing is guaranteed. Stop taking unrealistic shots and make sense. Any contender chances would increase, if they had him on their team.

It’s like saying the Patriots stop winning after Tom Brady. Duh! No shiggady! You act as though you’re saying something profound.
This isn’t the only board I’m on. I may not have the exact words you use but similar things have been said. No. I’m not just making stuff up.

Cmon Nepsy, I’m not taking shots. I’m not arrogant enough to claim I said something profound. What I said shouldn’t be profound, it’s an obvious fact. Why are you reacting the way you are? Man is someone not supposed to say something about the Creek? Are they untouchable? I just made an observation. Good grief! How dare I or anyone else say anything about the Creek! Everyone on these boards has a right to an opinion, you included. If you don’t like it, too bad. The playoff world, even the Charlotte football world doesn’t revolve around Mallard Creek. Now if I or someone else says something about Richmond or Myers Park, that’s ok. One just can’t touch the Creek.

This isn’t the only board I’m on. I may not have the exact words you use but similar things have been said. No. I’m not just making stuff up.
I’m on those boards also. This is the 1st year the Creek has had a 3000 yard passing QB since Smith, and the most senior heavy team in school history, and the team has never had an OC that has been the OC for 4 State Championship teams. So please explain how you’ve heard that before?

I’m on those boards also. This is the 1st year the Creek has had a 3000 yard passing QB since Smith, and the most senior heavy team in school history, and the team has never had an OC that has been the OC for 4 State Championship teams. So please explain how you’ve heard that before?
Nepsy I support the Creek like I do all teams in Charlotte. If you’re going to keep say the Creek has this and that, has elite this and an elite that, plays this strong team and that strong team, then win a title. Until then, all this elite stuff matters not one bit. I wish you guys well, I really do, but please back up the elite chatter.

Cmon Nepsy, I’m not taking shots. I’m not arrogant enough to claim I said something profound. What I said shouldn’t be profound, it’s an obvious fact. Why are you reacting the way you are? Man is someone not supposed to say something about the Creek? Are they untouchable? I just made an observation. Good grief! How dare I or anyone else say anything about the Creek! Everyone on these boards has a right to an opinion, you included. If you don’t like it, too bad. The playoff world, even the Charlotte football world doesn’t revolve around Mallard Creek. Now if I or someone else says something about Richmond or Myers Park, that’s ok. One just can’t touch the Creek.
Now you’re exaggerating! It’s a High School Football board.

Nepsy I support the Creek like I do all teams in Charlotte. If you’re going to keep say the Creek has this and that, has elite this and an elite that, plays this strong team and that strong team, then win a title. Until then, all this elite stuff matters not one bit. I wish you guys well, I really do, but please back up the elite chatter.
Now you’re preaching to the choir! The only statement I made was coaching on both sides of the ball. (Elite) What’s wrong with that?. It helps but guarantees nothing. My apologies! Next time I’ll shoot you a pm, to get your approval.

Now you’re preaching to the choir! The only statement I made was coaching on both sides of the ball. (Elite) What’s wrong with that?. It helps but guarantees nothing. My apologies! Next time I’ll shoot you a pm, to get your approval.
Stop it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT