ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy vs Robbinsville game 2

Anyone that doesn't think this will be a tough game is delusional. Gentry no doubt will try something new. He doesn't want this game to come down to LOS play. Not sure how much he's willing to risk his banged up QB scrambling and throwing. Look for a few trick plays. Murphys main back will not get much rest this week due to new injuries. Collins, Hooper,Williams and Hamilton all need big games for Robbinsville in order to pull this off

Doubt it. It will be FB trap, buck, waggle, power. Rinse later repeat. Robbinsville is better at the LOS but not so much better that he's gonna have to resort to the wrong ball play or anything. It might come down to turnovers. If Robbinsville has fewer turnovers, they win by two TDs. If they have more, Murphy might pull off the upset. And it will be an upset, no need for sandbagging and pour mouthing.

murphy’s starting there jv team friday

Doubt it. It will be FB trap, buck, waggle, power. Rinse later repeat. Robbinsville is better at the LOS but not so much better that he's gonna have to resort to the wrong ball play or anything. It might come down to turnovers. If Robbinsville has fewer turnovers, they win by two TDs. If they have more, Murphy might pull off the upset. And it will be an upset, no need for sandbagging and pour mouthing.
This game could go either way...both staffs and players know this. Expect both teams to stick with what built thier programs and got them to the Regional Championship this year.

This game could go either way...both staffs and players know this. Expect both teams to stick with what built thier programs and got them to the Regional Championship this year.
It definitely could, but I don't see anyone could not see Murphy as the clear underdog in this one. Robbinsville has proven this entire season and playoff that they are the team to beat. Murphy struggling against Elkin is pretty telling. Elkin is pretty good, but not Mitchell good.

Weird that the regional final post only has a few posts with it being 2 SMC teams.

It's a big Rivalry game with huge implications..but if Robbinsville is as good as advertised..they should have no problem with Murphy..Elkin could have easily have beaten them.well not easily..but.with better use of some of the speedy guys..like #7 and #1 more involved on kick off and punt returns..and on offense...both had speed for days and were seldom if ever in the game together as receiving threats..too much qb run right...qb run left...Murphy was waiting on it every time....The two fastest players on the team..and neither one on kick off or punt return...is ridiculous

• Haha
Reactions: Cdoc73 and Swain97
Robbinsville would have to be considered the favorite. This game should be a good one. But the X factor is Collins. That kid is special. When you think you got him locked up he will find somebody open. Best qb hands down in 1A. I feel like Murphy will have to throw the ball to win this game and Rumfelt can sling it, but will he have time? That pass rush is pretty dang good.

• Haha
Reactions: Cdoc73
Not comparing scores. I watched the game in person..and wasn't overly impressed with Murphy against Elkin after all the SMC talk this year. They did win though..which is all that really matters. They played hard nosed football as do the top teams in SMC..but the difference in talent between Elkin and Murphy was a non factor...Murphy's playcalling and coaching was far superior to Elkin's.

Not comparing scores. I watched the game in person..and wasn't overly impressed with Murphy against Elkin after all the SMC talk this year. They did win though..which is all that really matters. They played hard nosed football as do the top teams in SMC..but the difference in talent between Elkin and Murphy was a non factor...Murphy's playcalling and coaching was far superior to Elkin's.
They played to the level of their competition. Also lost two starters in that game. Defense stayed on the bus till the Elkins last possession. Six starters out. Lots of injuries last week had an affect on the game. W is a W at this point. Elkin was Big up front!

Dummies act as if they knew how healthy Elkin was or wasn't. I've never in my life met a team like Robbinsville or Murphy..have so many excuses for close games that were proposed blowouts...lol its always something...geesh...Its always something other than the team being just as good as you...thats why it was so close...with WSP...and with Elkin...drop the excuses..those teams matched up and the games could have easily went either way. Major difference is Murphy and Robbinsville have far superior coaching and it showed.

Last edited:
You...because Elkin lost..but was definitely as good and had injuries as well. Now follow it up with the WSP excuse again..lol.. Good luck goin forward..Murphy and Robbinsville deserve to be there..they both win when it counts..thats for sure.. i can definitely admit that.

I was at the Mitchell game. The Knights were driving to score and fumbled. They also took a knee on the 3 yd line twice to end the game. Had Mitchell not completed the 60 yd bomb in double coverage, this game could have easily been 42-14 but Mitchell did complete the pass so it should have been 42-20. Mitchell is the best team I've saw play this year other than Robbinsville.
Robbinsville 31
Murphy 15
Could’ve been 28-28 too. However robbinsville is the best 1a team in wnc this year

Did they get approval to broadcast? AC-T just says "TBA", which doesn't surprise me. Tracking down info that isn't readily available on Twitter is not their forte' anymore.

Reactions: therealsquid
Williams looked good last night with two fast pins over E.Hendo and Franklin.
I think he wrestled at 182

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT