ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy, Hiwasse, and Andrews combining

I'm wonder how many times your going say 1st and ten bulldogs instead of mud puppies. Lmao.
Just talked to someone that would definitely know, there's no possibility of three athletic programs. There will either be one consolidated athletic program with TCEC absorbed into it, or there will be a consolidated athletic program and a TCEC athletic program.

From what I've gathered from my conversation it will probably be the latter, so Cherokee County (Valley River, whatever) is probably looking at an ADM in the high 700 range, as opposed to the 900 plus with the early college kids included. Under either scenario they will be a 2A school, no chance of being 1A.
Dont know who your someone who definitely knows is but unless their last name is Conley don’t think they know. Last time I checked she was boss and she was pretty clear about it in the meeting. She has to approve any plan and she was pretty clear about the.new hs being about the same as Murphy and this was during a discussion about athletics

Hate to break it to you BK but nightmare still ain’t over for you Oh and just FYI the current campus at Murphy house Murphy Jr High and
MHS and has for over 40 years. So several schools on the same campus is not uncommon

Last edited:
Not high schools. Lol.
Name two other HS on same campus

Give it a break.

15/10

Not high schools. Lol.
Name two other HS on same campus

Give it a break.

15/10
We’ll wait till 2025 and you my friend will see one in the flesh. Not saying I’m happy about it either. It’s just going to happen. Putting all BS aside she did say all that I’m telling you Don’t believe me search WKRK Facebook for video of meeting That being said I hate to see MHS fade into the past but looks like it is a done deal. I’m planning on hanging it up when they close MHS. I’ll die a Bulldog
Also if the new school does go into a 2 A classification it will kill the athletic monies in Cherokee co. Think it will take at least 10 yrd if not longer to build community support to just half the level it is at now. Also depending on what state does with realignment Swain might be in the new 2A class as well. That would only leave SMC with 4 1A members and fewer seeds in playoffs. It’s not good for SMC if this happens

Last edited:
Even if your all star team is 1a it wont matter.

#ChasingTheVille

We’ll wait till 2025 and you my friend will see one in the flesh. Not saying I’m happy about it either. It’s just going to happen. Putting all BS aside she did say all that I’m telling you Don’t believe me search WKRK Facebook for video of meeting That being said I hate to see MHS fade into the past but looks like it is a done deal. I’m planning on hanging it up when they close MHS. I’ll die a Bulldog
Also if the new school does go into a 2 A classification it will kill the athletic monies in Cherokee co. Think it will take at least 10 yrd if not longer to build community support to just half the level it is at now. Also depending on what state does with realignment Swain might be in the new 2A class as well. That would only leave SMC with 4 1A members and fewer seeds in playoffs. It’s not good for SMC if this happens

Dawgman, I feel the same. When MHS closes I am done. I plan on fully supporting my Bulldogs the next 4 or 5 years until the closing takes place just as I have supported the Bulldogs since the 1970's. Gonna miss my Friday nights at Murphy pulling for the dogs. Murphy will never be the same after the consolidation takes place. I fully expect football in cherokee county to never be a factor ever again for any championship.

Not high schools. Lol.
Name two other HS on same campus"

]

I may be TOTALLY Wrong on this, but doesn't Franklin have their high school and early college in the same building. I have been told this but not sure if true.

Go Mountaineers

Your crazy 81. Murphy will be better than ever. All the county athletes on one team with 1a numbers. I bet unz keep the nane murphy bulldogs.

The oppurtunity is there to add some more state championships, and not just in football. Plenty of motivation, being the last few years of existence for MHS.

Reactions: mbdfan
I may be TOTALLY Wrong on this, but doesn't Franklin have their high school and early college in the same building. I have been told this but not sure if true.

Go Mountaineers

Macon Early College is near the library and Wal Mart, a little ways from downtown on the other side of 64. FHS is in the middle of town.

Last edited:
Dont know who your someone who definitely knows is but unless their last name is Conley don’t think they know.
It wasn't Conley but they're on the school board so I would think they would know. I expressed my concerns to them about having a separate consolidated athletic program and a TCEC athletic program.

IF TCEC expanded their athletic program to include other sports you set up the potential for an undermining of the consolidated school's athletic program. TCEC operates by a different set of rules and can offer the opportunity of 1A competition instead of 2A. TCEC could potentially build area all star teams in a particular sport with an ambitious enough coach in place.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Dont know who your someone who definitely knows is but unless their last name is Conley don’t think they know. Last time I checked she was boss and she was pretty clear about it in the meeting. She has to approve any plan and she was pretty clear about the.new hs being about the same as Murphy and this was during a discussion about athletics

Hate to break it to you BK but nightmare still ain’t over for you Oh and just FYI the current campus at Murphy house Murphy Jr High and
MHS and has for over 40 years. So several schools on the same campus is not uncommon
They won’t have 3 hs on same campus sharing athletic facilities. On the other hand you could have double headers on Friday nights.

I think it will probably make more sense for the branch of the new campus that is open to Cherokee and Clay residents (TCEC) to be separate, but for the other two to have combined programs. I agree with mbdfan, though, that, TCEC won't have football, but if they keep athletics they could be pretty good (and take away from the traditional programs in both counties) in other sports if they have coaches/boosters involved who capitalize on 1) being able to draw from two counties with the promise of a cheap fast track to an associate's degree and 2) having brand new facilities while 3) being able to compete in a smaller classification.

Reactions: mbdfan
What nightmare? Last 10 match ups. Robbinsville 6 Murphy 4
Robbinsville 370 kids Murphy 450?????? Who knows.
Go back before 2014, 10,11, 12,13,and 16, 17an18, alot of those years knights didnt make it back to us in playoffs ,but so far when you have got us ,you get us twice,14 ,15, 19.

Reactions: ncvol2381
He said the nightmare continues. Should've said the nightmare is starting back.
Continue is the wrong word to use.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
So I've heard Valley River High and Peachtree High on this board, and am amused at the mention of a Harrah's reference in the name, but are there any other alternatives to Cherokee County High School? It feels like a name that unites the county would be difficult since the communities being consolidated are fairly unique.

I'm just a Franklin fan so my opinion doesn't count, but I think something other than Cherokee County High would be best with the tribe being next door.

So I've heard Valley River High and Peachtree High on this board, and am amused at the mention of a Harrah's reference in the name, but are there any other alternatives to Cherokee County High School? It feels like a name that unites the county would be difficult since the communities being consolidated are fairly unique.

I'm just a Franklin fan so my opinion doesn't count, but I think something other than Cherokee County High would be best with the tribe being next door.
I've also seen Three Rivers High pitched on the Cherokee Scout facebook page and there was a very positive reception to it.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
I've also seen Three Rivers High pitched on the Cherokee Scout facebook page and there was a very positive reception to it.

Looks like Appalachian High is winning the poll on the Scout’s website with 90+ percent of the vote (about 150 votes). Very few votes for Cherokee County. So they will probably go with Cherokee County.

Last edited:
Looks like Appalachian High is winning the poll on the Scout’s website with 90+ percent of the vote (about 150 votes). Very few votes for Cherokee County. So they will probably go with Cherokee County.
lol. I'm not a huge fan of Appalachian High but it's definitely better than Cherokee County. Appalachian High Smokies wouldn't be terrible

I just don't think anyone outside of Cherokee County would know where it is located with that name. I definitely don't like Peachtree High even though that is where my grandmother lived. I'll throw this out there and I may get push-back from our friends in Graham County but what about Cherohala High School?

I just don't think anyone outside of Cherokee County would know where it is located with that name. I definitely don't like Peachtree High even though that is where my grandmother lived. I'll throw this out there and I may get push-back from our friends in Graham County but what about Cherohala High School?
What does that have to do with Cherokee County?

Just an outsider's worthless opinion... Appalachian High sounds too much like Boone and doesn't fit your area. Cherokee Co. High sounds too much like the Rez and is kinda lame. Peachtree High makes me think of Atlanta, so that sucks. Three Rivers High is not bad, but def doesn't blow me away (I'm guessing there's 3 rivers in the county?). Valley High sounds like it is from Saved By The Bell in Cali. I'm just throwing this out there, my name choice would be Boarder High Bulldogs, since Cherokee Co. boarders 2 different states (TN & GA) which is pretty unique and cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhsneer
Bear Ridge Mall sign came down. Maybe they can just repurpose it for the new High School. Bear Ridge Wild BlueDogs.

I know its all kind of theoretical right now. But naming a new high school generates a lot of excitement.

It’s important to put together a group of stakeholders (NOT the School Board, although by law, they get the ultimate and final say). Poll the communities. Have meetings. LISTEN to what they say.
A county wide new school means no one gets left out of the conversation.

I’m from the Piedmont, so I have no idea what makes Cherokee County unique. But that’s the fun of this, it can be something you have that sort of defines your area... or you don’t have to.

Our new school in Davidson County chose “Grizzlies” as their mascot. People fussed because we have no Grizzly Bears in our county. However, we have no Dragons, Black Knights or Panthers either.

I just really hope that you stay away from the cliche mascots, main one being “Patriots”. It’s a super tired mascot.

Just an outsider's worthless opinion... Appalachian High sounds too much like Boone and doesn't fit your area. Cherokee Co. High sounds too much like the Rez and is kinda lame. Peachtree High makes me think of Atlanta, so that sucks. Three Rivers High is not bad, but def doesn't blow me away (I'm guessing there's 3 rivers in the county?). Valley High sounds like it is from Saved By The Bell in Cali. I'm just throwing this out there, my name choice would be Boarder High Bulldogs, since Cherokee Co. boarders 2 different states (TN & GA) which is pretty unique and cool.

I like the idea... although maybe not that exact name. We need schools that aren’t named after Ridges and Creeks.

But you’d definitely want to go with “Border” instead of “Boarder”.

Reactions: BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT