ADVERTISEMENT

MPC Final Week

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
Ledford vs North Davidson
Central Davidson vs Oak Grove
Asheboro vs Montgomery Central

Well here we are. Just one week left before conference season ends and playoff season begins. It has been a very interesting year, with some teams starting off slow and hitting their stride late, and others looking dominant before falling off.

North has already secured first place, but I don't anticipate a letdown effort-wise. It's rivalry week and the Knights should have no trouble getting up for Ledford. The Panthers are sitting pretty in the RPI rankings used for playoffs, but they will fight hard to earn their playoff spot and not just back in. I know Ledford has injury problems and their defense is not up to par compared to past years, but I don't expect an easy win. That QB is still a real weapon for them. I'm calling for ND to win a tight one, maybe seal it in the latter stages of the game.

Central and OG could be interesting, depending on Central's defense. They gave up 34 to Ledford, 33 to Randleman and 52 to ND this year. OG is not as explosive as North but should be able to score plenty imo. Spartan offense is great but if they get called for holding to kill a drive or lay the ball on the ground and let OG get a couple scores up, it's over. Central will have to keep pace possession for possession to win.

MC and Aboro is interesting if only to find out who the truly terrible and worst team in the conference is. I'll give Aboro a slight edge because of athletes, but it really guarantees nothing when you're not fundamentally sound...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kylar2018
Let me go ahead and say CONGRATS to the North Davidson Black Knights for winning the Mid-Piedmont Conference OUTRIGHT!!! Before the season even started I figured this would come down to Oak Grove and Ledford, as they seemed to be the two best teams, especially with all of the talent that ND lost after the spring season. I want to give a HUGE shoutout to Coach Flynn and his coaching staff for doing what I consider an AMAZING job, especially how the season started and the losses from the spring. GREAT JOB BLACK KNIGHTS!!!

BLACK KNIGHT PRIDE!!!

Well it's certainly great to get hot and play your best at the end of the season, which the Knights are. I concur, great job by the staff to keep the boys focused and turn the season around.

Reactions: Rameses
Central got bit by the injury bug again. #1 Caselak (sp) went out with a leg injury late in the first half. He did not return. Central’s running game didn’t miss a beat though. They continued to do exactly what they wanted to do for pretty much the whole game.

In overtime, Central won the toss and deferred. OG scored first. Central failed to score on 4th and about 5 yards.
I’m still not sold on Central’s overall scheme, but it is clear that it makes the most of a team that is short on numbers and overall talent.

Now, its time to sit back and watch the NCHSAA give Ledford the 2nd spot out of the MPC, even though they finished in sole possession of 4th place in the MPC.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Central got bit by the injury bug again. #1 Caselak (sp) went out with a leg injury late in the first half. He did not return. Central’s running game didn’t miss a beat though. They continued to do exactly what they wanted to do for pretty much the whole game.

In overtime, Central won the toss and deferred. OG scored first. Central failed to score on 4th and about 5 yards.
I’m still not sold on Central’s overall scheme, but it is clear that it makes the most of a team that is short on numbers and overall talent.

Now, its time to sit back and watch the NCHSAA give Ledford the 2nd spot out of the MPC, even though they finished in sole possession of 4th place in the MPC.
And if so, congrats to Ledford - they will have earned it per the current guidelines - I’m just not sure the guidelines make a whole lot of sense! Of course they’ve always been flawed (see TC Roberson with a losing record hosting ND with 1 loss [I think]).

Also - congrats to the Knights!

And if so, congrats to Ledford - they will have earned it per the current guidelines - I’m just not sure the guidelines make a whole lot of sense! Of course they’ve always been flawed (see TC Roberson with a losing record hosting ND with 1 loss [I think]).

Also - congrats to the Knights!
That was 4-7 TC Roberson hosting 9-2 North Davidson thanks to the split conference deal.

That 19 play, 11:59 TD drive is the epitome of what makes CD so tough - play tough each play but just shy of turning it over on downs - repeatedly. Got the sole 4th down stop when it mattered most.

Yep here it goes…preliminary seeds
ND 8 host 25 Tuscola
Led 12 host 21 Hickory
CD 17 @ 16 N. Lincoln
OG 19 @ 14 Sounth Point
Don’t really understand the RPI but it is what is at this point

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT