ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Heritage at Eastern Randolph

Doing good ole buddy hows things in Mayberry
Same ole same ole. I have some good days and bad ones. The Bears have a good team that may go deep and all the best players return next year. They only lose 8 seniors but have replacements as good or better playing. They will be deep next year. JVs went undefeated beating East Surry pretty badly 35 to 00. East Surry will probably be way down next year.

My terrier had 4 up a tree next to my garage last Saturday night. Mom and 3 cubs. It hard to deer hunt up here because of them
We never have had deer much in Graham County. Bear hunting keeps them ran off I think.

Here in the last several years though I've been seeing alot of deer here at my house. Saw a medium size bear in my yard two weeks ago and some bob cats at night.

Come on MH send ER to wrestling season
Why???
I know you “assume” your team is going to win Friday. But as a couple of our guys, ok chute and me, mentioned in another thread we don’t pull against teams until “our” team is playing them (except for orange/blue).
If ER somehow survives Friday and if your team does as well then we will definitely be pulling against y’all. Until that occurs it really doesn’t matter to most down this way
Good luck to your teenagers. I actually mean that.

I sure am enjoying this thread but something is lacking! I am pretty partial to roasting a good goat; on a grill or in the ground covered for about 3 to 4 hours. Put the goat in pans with some onions and carrots and a little George's Sause. Add potatoes if you like. Mighty fine eating.

Mt Airy over Thomasville by at least 1, I hope.

For the life of me I can’t figure out why ER gets so much hate lol their posters are probably the most likable up here.
It has to be the way we bad mouth teams, coaches and players? No wait it’s probably the way we whine about officiating after every game win or lose? No I got it. It’s how we get mad at digital people when they disagree with us and ask them to “meet us at the Walmart”? 😎😎😎

Why???
I know you “assume” your team is going to win Friday. But as a couple of our guys, ok chute and me, mentioned in another thread we don’t pull against teams until “our” team is playing them (except for orange/blue).
If ER somehow survives Friday and if your team does as well then we will definitely be pulling against y’all. Until that occurs it really doesn’t matter to most down this way
Good luck to your teenagers. I actually mean that.

Easy to say when you know you won't ever have to travel being the one seed. You asked why? Common sense is that you want your team to have as many home games as possible so therefore robbinsville fans want MH to win so they can be at home instead of traveling 4+ hours next week. Jokes on them thought, the Braves are coming for em lol

It has to be the way we bad mouth teams, coaches and players? No wait it’s probably the way we whine about officiating after every game win or lose? No I got it. It’s how we get mad at digital people when they disagree with us and ask them to “meet us at the Walmart”? 😎😎😎
I'm old school ER when it comes to this. I ask them to meet me at Harold's.

Without giving too much away, here's a tidbit of info on "mystery" ER....

ER runs the ball quite a bit. Got a few backs (in all shapes and sizes) that can tote the mail. Cats can throw it when need be though. ER QB is built more like a powerlifter than your standard QB. And, yes, as previously mentioned before......he's left handed.

Cats have fairly decent size in the trenches. Fairly decent. Defense is of the "bend but don't break" variety. There's a few guys that are capable of making "game-changing" plays on that side. The kicker is not bad (which, in ER terms, translates to "future NFL Hall of Famer").

Finally, ER has one of the best PA guys in the state of North Carolina.

Without giving too much away, here's a tidbit of info on "mystery" ER....

ER runs the ball quite a bit. Got a few backs (in all shapes and sizes) that can tote the mail. Cats can throw it when need be though. ER QB is built more like a powerlifter than your standard QB. And, yes, as previously mentioned before......he's left handed.

Cats have fairly decent size in the trenches. Fairly decent. Defense is of the "bend but don't break" variety. There's a few guys that are capable of making "game-changing" plays on that side. The kicker is not bad (which, in ER terms, translates to "future NFL Hall of Famer").

Finally, ER has one of the best PA guys in the state of North Carolina.
Dang it chute…
Don’t be telling them about PA!!!!

For the life of me I can’t figure out why ER gets so much hate lol their posters are probably the most likable up here.
I mean come on, it’s easy to see why. Just a couple good old boys who like the simple things in life. Enjoy spending time in the woods trying to kill an innocent little Bambi that never harmed anyone. Why those ruthless folks. I would never, oh hold up I think I hear something coming this way. Could be a squirrel but could be tonight’s backstrap. Gotta go.

Go Mountaineers

Easy to say when you know you won't ever have to travel being the one seed. You asked why? Common sense is that you want your team to have as many home games as possible so therefore robbinsville fans want MH to win so they can be at home instead of traveling 4+ hours next week. Jokes on them thought, the Braves are coming for em lol
See that was my point sorta. Even if ER was 15 seed wouldn’t pull against a team we MIGHT play two or three weeks away. Only important team is the one right in front of you. If higher seed loses ok then we at home. If not we packing stuff up. Way I looked at it when I played. Way my children looked at it when they played. It’s fine though. We, on here, can’t control anything except what we type…

I sure am enjoying this thread but something is lacking! I am pretty partial to roasting a good goat; on a grill or in the ground covered for about 3 to 4 hours. Put the goat in pans with some onions and carrots and a little George's Sause. Add potatoes if you like. Mighty fine eating.

Mt Airy over Thomasville by at least 1, I hope.
MA dosent play Thomasville...

Looking at ER record and who you played you deserve a 1 seed
Yes sir I do as well. Only loss was to Eastern Alamance 2 seed in East 3A I think. Also played Burlington Williams out of same 3A conference. Walkertown, Providence Grove and orange/blue made 2A playoffs. Southwestern Randolph just missed 2A at 33 in RPI. No 1A teams until this Thursday. It’s a good schedule against good teams. Will it lead to good performance in playoffs? We all shall see soon.

When I was a kid used to go up Roan Mtn gather some ramps then go to the rhododendron gardens and cook them with eggs etc. Something about cooking @ 5,000 ft seemed to make them taste even better.
The best ramps come from Hughes Gap right at the TN line, Scronces creek aka Bald Mt has some good ones too I worked inmates on the road crews for 17 years, I know every ramp honeyhole if you like em hollar about March I'll get you some

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT