ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Mtn Heritage

Mitchell stopped themselves on the drive they got the excusable delay a game because MH was having as much trouble stopping them as Mitchell stoping their offense. But I knew they would have to score every time.
To my non partisan eyes, Heritage was the better team by a pretty decent margin. They had the first half drive where they tried a crazy pitch that turned into a fumble on the 10 yard line. Mitchell did have success running that big FB. They went away from that too much in the 4th quarter. The QB had some open WR but couldn't hit them. He is good but Heritage had a lot of success on the edges and their QB is good.

To my non partisan eyes, Heritage was the better team by a pretty decent margin. They had the first half drive where they tried a crazy pitch that turned into a fumble on the 10 yard line. Mitchell did have success running that big FB. They went away from that too much in the 4th quarter. The QB had some open WR but couldn't hit them. He is good but Heritage had a lot of success on the edges and their QB is good.
Well I agree Mitchell couldn't stop the QB but on the drive I'm referring to they got away from what they were doing because of the stupid penalty. Up till then it was five yards click. And yeah missed a wide open receiver which is unusual for him but that distance but that's football.

It's going to be a battle the next few years. Mitchell will probably take over when they are seniors but next year I still think Heritage will be better with Quinn.
At least next year won't have to go to this miserable hole. but there's no reason one QB should hurt you that much Mitchell's getting beat off line scrimmage and poor tackling.
I hoped that Heritage might be Druaghn but I believe they'll probably be able to stop one player and one thing about from what I saw tonight He's not a great passer he hit that one and end them just threw it up for whoever and his guys is having to come down with it.

Reactions: Purple1995
At least next year won't have to go to this miserable hole. but there's no reason one QB should hurt you that much Mitchell's getting beat off line scrimmage and poor tackling.
I hoped that Heritage might be Druaghn but I believe they'll probably be able to stop one player and one thing about from what I saw tonight He's not a great passer he hit that one and end them just threw it up for whoever and his guys is having to come down with it.
I was also impressed by the Heritage TE Jones on those sweeps and reverses. He had legit speed. Heritage did have 2 TD called back due to penalties.

Agreed

Go Mountaineers

I was also impressed by the Heritage TE Jones on those sweeps and reverses. He had legit speed. Heritage did have 2 TD called back due to penalties.
I don't remember the one but it doesn't matter it's not like they got the penalty and then didn't score they still got the touchdown this little bit later and just took more time off the clock

Heritage will beat Draughn. Better D than Mitchell and Draughns run defense is worse than Mitchell's
You might be right but I was thinking just the opposite because when Mitchell did pass tonight most of the time if it was incomplete was because the QB missed his receiver or it was dropped nothing really from what MH did.
I'd like for MH to beat them but they'll have to put pressure on that QB like Mitchell did in the second half or he'll eat them up . MH best defense will be their offense running and keeping the ball but if Draughn can figure out how to stop the QB runs than forget it. Should be a good game.

Reactions: RealStihl
It really boiled down to the opening kickoff return for a td and long td thrown up for grabs. Those two plays were the difference in the score. If I’m not mistaken the QB is who took the opening kickoff back. He’s definitely the best athlete the green team has had in quite a while.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
It really boiled down to the opening kickoff return for a td and long td thrown up for grabs. Those two plays were the difference in the score. If I’m not mistaken the QB is who took the opening kickoff back. He’s definitely the best athlete the green team has had in quite a while.
Since Randolph

Reactions: Purple1995
I would add Mitchell on their 2nd drive of the 2nd half which came in the 4th quarter ( I figured wouldn't be many possessions tonight) it was 5 yards and a cloud of plastic lol (astroturf) but then that delay of game put them behind the chains then the next play they had to rush because they almost did it again and the offense looks disambopulated.
This not getting plays in is ridiculous and having to call time outs because of it or getting a delay. One person needs to call the play and that be it not this one guy in the booth calling it down the coach not liking it and asking for another one don't cut it. And figure out a way to get a play in without your QB running back and forth.

Last edited:
Heritage has to play Madison first. They are playing decent ball over there.
They really are after Hayesville laid it on em they seem to be pulling it together first time in a while I was impressed with 22 Shelton he is a baller

It's bad we saw this guy enough to say this but need to recognize the Mitchell punter last night kicked some boomer kicks he's one in inside the MH 10 and last one was from I believe Mitchell's 25 and settled on the MH 20.

The Western Highlands is a 1A/2A conference so odds are they'll remain and the JV situation will stay as is.

If I recall correctly, Avery ditched their multiple teams some time back and Watauga also eventually consolidated the 3 teams they had into one, (they don't have actual middle schools).

It's bad we saw this guy enough of to say this but need to recognize the Mitchell punter last night kicked some boomer kicks he's one in inside the MH 10 and last one was from I believe Mitchell's 25 and settled on the MH 20
I agree ,your punter did great job puting us inside 20 yard line multiple times,l also b our kickr

I think Heritage has a lot better defense than Draughn if the green team puts up 42 like we did they win I don’t see Draughn scoring over 35 in this game Heritage is better containing the outside this will be game of the week for sure
I believe Heritage will need to play Draughn like Mitchell played us last night.. long time consuming drives eating clock.We need to keep it to a 20 something score. My worries are the qb scrambling and our pass defense which we have struggled with at times this year. Im surprised Mitchell didn’t try more of a short passing game ,

I believe Heritage will need to play Draughn like Mitchell played us last night.. long time consuming drives eating clock.We need to keep it to a 20 something score. My worries are the qb scrambling and our pass defense which we have struggled with at times this year. Im surprised Mitchell didn’t try more of a short passing game ,
Looked like to me in the second half against Mitchell when they went out of a zone and started putting more pressure on the Draughn QB that he wasn't as accurate scrambling as he was when he could just stand in the pocket and pass.

Reactions: MEDICEMTP
Game is 2 weeks away. Draughn has a bye this week so lots of time to watch film and gameplan. I’m looking forward to watching the game on 10/27

Reactions: bigtime_87
I think Heritage will win

I wish we could add Polk and Hendersonville to our conference. It was fun when those schools were in the WHC. I’m glad Draughn is in our conference as they give us quality competition. Heritage and Draughn are fairly evenly matched so this game could go either way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT