ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Mtn Heritage

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Thought I would get this one started. This will be a huge game for a lot of reasons. Playoff seeding, rivalry, etc. Early thought is Heritage wins a close one at home but I might change my mind. I think it will be a one score game most of the night.

Well it's one game were I guess you can say being handicap has one advantage, I can park down near the field near the visitors stands. Use to be hard have to walk back through the home side if you lost.
.One time though I was having to do that thought I'd see the end of it at the exit and my beautician who we'd been going on about the game as she cut my hair earlier that day yelled "how did you like the game?" Then Mitchell won with a trick play on the last play of the game so of course I ran back down and said just fine how did you like the game? lol

I think both games are going to be electric. Is Heritage jvs are looking for revenge from the first game. Is Heritage varsity going to get over hump an beat Mitchell for the first time since 2019.
JV game should be a good one. I need to go watch that people have told Mitchell JV are fun to watch.
They finally posted the score against Rosman 50-10

Reactions: RealStihl
Should be a fun one! Heritage is much improved from last year, starting to look like heritage teams of the past

Should be a fun one! Heritage is much improved from last year, starting to look like heritage teams of the past
They do look like the heritage teams from the past. Since the Robbinsonville lost they have been playing better every week since then.

I think this is a statement game for Heritage! If they are a contender in the west they need to win this one by few tds.

Last edited:
JVs play each other as well. Mitchell won the regular season and the MH game was the closest game they had I assume never did see the Rosman score.
What happens when realignment takes place and Heritage moves to probalky 2A.
How does that affect Heritages JVs, do we get to go back to regular JV ball 9th and 10th grades and get our 2 middle school teams back or are we stuck with current JV system.
This is just my opinion , I may be totally wroung but I don't see how eliminating one middle school team is a good thing for our football program. I know there's a lot of things to consider but the thing I don't like with current JV system is we only can play a few teams and I think 7 games is most we can play . When in old system 10 game schedule..
Plus sence we now only have one middle school team it would seem to me that alot of kids would not even play because of playing time plus transportation back and forth to practice would seen to affect poor kids.
Someone change my thinking on this and I need to hear something more than the SMC conference does this and there record in football is understandable but those schools have on average what around 400 students maybe less where Heritage is on average 700

Reactions: sbbbfan
How does that affect Heritages JVs, do we get to go back to regular JV ball 9th and 10th grades and get our 2 middle school teams back or are we stuck with current JV system.
This is just my opinion , I may be totally wroung but I don't see how eliminating one middle school team is a good thing for our football program. I know there's a lot of things to consider but the thing I don't like with current JV system is we only can play a few teams and I think 7 games is most we can play . When in old system 10 game schedule..
Plus sence we now only have one middle school team it would seem to me that alot of kids would not even play because of playing time plus transportation back and forth to practice would seen to affect poor kids.
Someone change my thinking on this and I need to hear something more than the SMC conference does this and there record in football is understandable but those schools have on average what around 400 students maybe less where Heritage is on average 700
I agree 100 percent but I’d say you go 1aa hopefully not 2a

Reactions: wncbowhunter
To be honest I don't know which way is best. Thing is there's serval 10th graders getting a lot of playing time on varsity so I just wonder if you go back to the old system with you have enough players with mostly just 9th graders? Which is why I assume we went to the JV system we're in now like other small schools at least in Mitchell's case.

From what I've read it's going to be a hard cap on 64 teams in each divisions. There's currently 432 member schools with 3 more expected to join by the 2025-26 realignment to 7A. Right now I count 62 schools with less than 400 students which I assume will be 1A.
But in football with a straight 7A there wouldn't be enough teams in 1A especially that play football so they'll probably do what they already do right now with some other HS sports like swimming is combined 1A & 2A for that sport and have a 1A/2A championship.

From what I understand the system in place now is the result of only the green team and Mitchell being the only schools in the conference able to field a true 9th and 10 grade JV team. Hell, Owen couldn’t even field a 7, 8, 9 grade team this year. Bowman Middle had a hard time in years past with a true middle school team. When my son played they dressed 14 players. I’m not sure what the solution is.

From what I understand the system in place now is the result of only the green team and Mitchell being the only schools in the conference able to field a true 9th and 10 grade JV team. Hell, Owen couldn’t even field a 7, 8, 9 grade team this year. Bowman Middle had a hard time in years past with a true middle school team. When my son played they dressed 14 players. I’m not sure what the solution is.
True my sons eighth grade year Harris and Bowman combined because they only had 8 or nine players

To hear the Mayberry faithful tell it Mitchell has never been any good. Yet we've always found a way to win against da bears... Tell Barney to keep his bullet in his pocket, you might be able to change that record this year.
Nobody said never been any good I am speaking of this year....past is over!

I agree 100 percent but I’d say you go 1aa hopefully not 2a
2a.

From what I've read it's going to be a hard cap on 64 teams in each divisions. There's currently 432 member schools with 3 more expected to join by the 2025-26 realignment to 7A. Right now I count 62 schools with less than 400 students which I assume will be 1A.
But in football with a straight 7A there wouldn't be enough teams in 1A especially that play football so they'll probably do what they already do right now with some other HS sports like swimming is combined 1A & 2A for that sport and have a 1A/2A championship.
As long as 1a has 50% they will stay in 1a playoffs

I think they will be 32 football teams in 1a.

I wish nchsaa would raise the cap for 1a.
Make it 80. Make the other 6 classes 58 each.

We’ll Heritage has beat us by a few one time in the last 10 yrs in 16 I think but this game is usually either a score or 2 ea way sometimes an extra point one year by 4 ect

Nobody said never been any good I am speaking of this year....past is over!
History keeps repeating itself on any given Fri night my team or yours can get beat these are kids this ain’t the nfl did TD check you off the MA board lol

I hate to say it but I think MH has your number this year. Based off their performance against Robbinsville and Mitchell against Allegheny. Also think MH gives Draughn a very tough game and wouldn't be shocked if they win that one.
Football is a game of matchups and short sprints I wouldn’t be surprised if Mitchell won by 21 but will be shocked if Heritage wins by more than 7 I’ll leave it at that I picked us to win by 14 last three years and it worked out in saying 10 this year lol

Reactions: bigtimeEastNC
Which teams defence shows up wins this game .
I think overall Heritage is playing more consistent than Mitchell has up to this game .
This is a true rival game thanks to Joey Robinson .
I remember the frist time I heard Coach Robinson speak I though, I would love to had played for this man .
He's done one hell of a job at Heritage .
This year's team is getting better every week and will be a problem next couple years this group of sophomores has some real talent especially on defence.

I haven't a clue who will win this game. Mitchell has had an extra week to get ready and hopefully that will help and it depends on which Mitchell shows up the one who played in the second half against Druaghn or the other team. For some reason they have been a second half team but just like with Druaghn they can't wait until then or it could be over by halftime.
I wouldn't be surprised IF both D's show up with the offenses the two run a low scoring game with not many offensive attempts.

I hate to say it but I think MH has your number this year. Based off their performance against Robbinsville and Mitchell against Allegheny. Also think MH gives Draughn a very tough game and wouldn't be shocked if they win that one.

That game rville was down 4 lineman .
One was the center. Center to QB snap hit the ground alot that game. I think it was our worst game of the year.
This game is hard to pick. MH by 6

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: buzzcoach
burger king GIF
BK!!!!!!!!!!!......... HAVE IT YOUR WAY!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT