ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Heritage at Eastern Randolph

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Might as well get this one started.

Not gonna lie, this one concerns me. ER (and PG) have not had much luck against Heritage over the years. Could get rather interesting. My only prediction is that there will be a lot of green in the stands.

Alright, Cats. Let's try this again..........

Yeah it’s unfortunate the injury bug struck when it did but just the way she goes. Mountain heritage has been a hand full in the past. Hopefully the low altitude and salt water in the air will cause great confusion. Could definitely be a tough one though

And I can see a theme for this thread developing already. If ER wins MH is way down from what they have been. If MH wins just shows how tough elevated teams are when playing any HS east of the rolling hills.
At least people will contribute. Heck me and Chute might not have to type a thing rest of week…
Y’all go ahead 😂

I'll be pulling for MH.
I'd like a home game instead of a drive to the coast.
And you’re supposed to pull for them. Also, not to make you mad or nothing, but sounds a little like somebody else we know in looking past next opponent…
Don’t worry, if ER survives and advances we will keep sunscreen handy for you…

Heard ER's field is atop Frying Pan Tower. Any truth to that?
Only time I wished it was that way was baby boy’s sophomore year when they rode on activity bus to play at Kitty Hawk in baseball playoffs. Took shade over five hours. On a Tuesday. Dang…

Why I'm I suppose to pull for them?
They are a long way from me.
From what I hear EVERYONE is a long way from you…
Plus if they win and the teenagers you support do you can stay at home.
That’s why…

Only time I wished it was that way was baby boy’s sophomore year when they rode on activity bus to play at Kitty Hawk in baseball playoffs. Took shade over five hours. On a Tuesday. Dang…
Truth be told, it looks like ER is five hours from everywhere. 😂

No doubt that Heritage is down from past years. However, they have continued to improve every week. Joey will have a game plan to put Heritage in the best possible position to pull off the upset.

Having said all that, ER by 3 plus scores.

Give this Heritage group 2 years and I think they will be back as one of the top teams in the west.

Go Mountaineers.

I wish ER shared stats with MaxPreps.
I just really don't know anything about ER but I guarantee that Joey Robinson does he's one of the best coaches at getting his team prepared and having a plan for a game he's issue this year he just hasn't had the talent to win especially in the second half against more talent teams ( may change next year) but offensively they like ball control and keeping the ball away from the other teams offense, I still can't believe they're kicking the extra points.
So I definitely can see the possibility of a close game in the first but MH not being able to keep up in the second that said they have improved during the year and they showed going into the playoffs last night that not all 4-6 teams were equal.

@thekidd12 you sure you're not plumb in the middle of the Great Dismal Swamp?
Pretty sure…
Pond over at tobacco barns got up pretty good a couple of years ago but that’s about as close as we get to swamps.
Used to go hunting and ran deer with dogs down in Sandhills when I was younger (about an hour and a half away) and they have some swamps…
Does that count? 😂

Reactions: Purple1995
We don't know anything about Eastern Randolph bc there fans never say anything about there team. It's always flatlanders hunting deer, and getting caught in roundabouts for 12 straight weeks. Only number 1 seed u can't find any bit of information on. Chutebox at least posted one thing last week about having left handed qb that's all I know lol

We don't know anything about Eastern Randolph bc there fans never say anything about there team. It's always flatlanders hunting deer, and getting caught in roundabouts for 12 straight weeks. Only number 1 seed u can't find any bit of information on. Chutebox at least posted one thing last week about having left handed qb that's all I know lol
If y’all go back and read ANY of the almost weekly threads chute starts and he and I are about the only contributors you will see he almost always does a report on games. Tells you about almost everything ER wise.
Just saying.

Last edited:
No no no you’re talking about the backup quarterback to the starting quarterback that use to be the backup from a few years ago. But he is the starter right now.

And ain’t nothing wrong with hunting deer…
Only time we talk about roundabouts is when mentioning orange/blue team too…

In spite of the proximity to High Point, Greensboro, Winston Salem and Raleigh, Randolph County is about as rural as it gets in North Carolina. Pretty close to the geographic center of the state.
But, kidd12, that still doesn’t mean y’all should have hosted that’83 game😂.

• Haha
Reactions: thekidd12
In spite of the proximity to High Point, Greensboro, Winston Salem and Raleigh, Randolph County is about as rural as it gets in North Carolina. Pretty close to the geographic center of the state.
But, kidd12, that still doesn’t mean y’all should have hosted that’83 game😂.
Hosted because one day son of that QB would end up in Heisman contention? My brother’s senior year at ER. Big times in Ramseur

I remember Heritage playing Robbinsville earlier this year and man their qb (who I think was not even their actual qb) was a LOAD. Looked to be all Heritage had pretty much. It seems that heritage has gotten a little better as the year has went on. Hope it’s a good game
Correct their regular QB was out that game. Griff is normally a running back. He had to step in as a sophomore and play QB against brevard my sons senior year due to basketball playoffs and us having 5 skill position players out. Helped pull out a win. Tough kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT