ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs Draughn Western 1A Finals

Sounds like Tarboro on the other thread QB got ejected if that holds up he won't be eligible for the championship and while they don't pass much I'm sure that'll hurt their offense. Hopefully it was deserving and can be reversed with an appeal unless he did something really egregious I'd hate for the kid to miss it.
Nope he did nothing but separate players I feel confident it will be reviewed and reversed Rosewood player was throwing punches after he was run over

I swear there were more kids active in the passing game for Draughn last week. Anything long tonight, #1 went for #4. Very impressed with how MA composed themselves the whole game. They made that QB run for his life. You could tell he was flustered. That D1 line didn't hold up tonight at all.

I swear there were more kids active in the passing game for Draughn last week. Anything long tonight, #1 went for #4. Very impressed with how MA composed themselves the whole game. They made that QB run for his life. You could tell he was flustered. That D1 line didn't hold up tonight at all.
I tried to tell em he'd run for his life now they know

MA on a different level this year. Way to rep the NWC...you guys are magnificent!!! Yep i sat on Draighns side and pulled for MA...Draughn fans were great as well. Great Atmosphere and Weather. God is good!!!!
I hope we will be the 2nd team from the NWC to beat Tarboro. They say only 2 seniors have been 1st string. All these guys will be back next year.

Mason only had 17 carries for 290 yards. I sat on the Mt Airy side and great atmosphere. Met some folks from Avery. Dula was good back but Mt Airy had about three or four guys that could run him down. Big tackle to start the game to save a touchdown.

Last edited:
At the end of game you saw the freshman #4 come in and almost scored too. He is fast.

In my opinion ER was a much tougher opponent. Draughn got taken out of their game by the MA def. Stopped them every time they sniffed the goal line.

I've said all along I thought Eastern and Mt Airy were front runners from the west things just didn't add up in mountains this year

Reactions: msgtcody
Congrats to Draughn on an outstanding season. MA Coaches had a great game plan that was well executed (minus a few penalties). Defense was flying to the ball all night. OL gave Mason plenty of holes and creases to run through (over 500 yds rushing & Mason with 290). Gallimore is a WARRIOR!!! Passing offense may be our Achilles heel. GO BEARS!!!

Congrats to Draughn on an outstanding season. MA Coaches had a great game plan that was well executed (minus a few penalties). Defense was flying to the ball all night. OL gave Mason plenty of holes and creases to run through (over 500 yds rushing & Mason with 290). Gallimore is a WARRIOR!!! Passing offense may be our Achilles heel. GO BEARS!!!
A little less air on the ball tonight and the QB would be spot on. A couple passes were just dropped. They just need to clean that up and they will be in great shape.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT