ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs Draughn Western 1A Finals

Look everyone wants to win and we should want kids to be winners but sometimes we get too caught up in wins and loses we lose track of the bigger picture which is to build young men and women up to be better people and contributers to society through sports. There are many people in this world that were built up to be winners but suck as humans.

There are lessons in winning and losing. While Tarboro builds up winners, a good coach at North Stokes should be building his kids up to battle and handle adversity while finishing the job.

It isn't about celebrating mediocrity. It's about wanting a good socieity.
Winning should be defined as doing your best competing. Some teams you play are better than you, some are worse. You should compete against both to the best of your ability. Being a winner is giving something your all. How many times did you hear someone say he’s got a great motor in the 80-90s? Everyone played hard then. Nowadays these young kids don’t give it their all, so when one kid does “he’s got a great motor”.

Simmons Ratings had New Bern winning this game by 1 point
Well wouldn't have much blamed him two 15-0 teams. Doesn't help that their best DL is out. He's standing on the sideline with his helmet on so hopefully he's okay. But Grimsley just hasn't had an answer for that running attack. Well as I type this he's back in so that's good.

Well wouldn't have much blamed him two 15-0 teams. Doesn't help that their best DL is out. He's standing on the sideline with his helmet on so hopefully he's okay. But Grimsley just hasn't had an answer for that running attack. Well as I type this he's back in so that's good.
Well, 5 point difference now. closer to that 1 point.

I think after Draughn and everyone else the BEARS beat so badly will feel better now that they know they got beaten badly by the 1A State Champions.
Their scores for and against. 6 shutouts & 5 scorings 7 or less
PF-778 averaged 48.63
PA-118 averaged 7.75
Winning STREAK-14W

Last edited:
Congratulations to Elijah Tillery!

But now for a dose of reality. Think about this: 4 Year Starter at Lenoir Rhyne, all Conference 3 or 4 years, All American for 1 to 3 years, play in National Playoffs 3 to 4 years and possibly in National Championship once or twice: versus going to UNLV, redshirting first year, sitting behind someone else they have promised to start form the beginning or a Portal Transfer from a Power 5 school, being homesick and never seeing your family.

Lenoir Rhyne has three guys in the NFL now, if you are that good the NFL will see you. For my 2 cents Hickory is one mighty fine place and Lenoir Rhyne is the Ticket!!!!

Congratulations to Elijah Tillery!

But now for a dose of reality. Think about this: 4 Year Starter at Lenoir Rhyne, all Conference 3 or 4 years, All American for 1 to 3 years, play in National Playoffs 3 to 4 years and possibly in National Championship once or twice: versus going to UNLV, redshirting first year, sitting behind someone else they have promised to start form the beginning or a Portal Transfer from a Power 5 school, being homesick and never seeing your family.

Lenoir Rhyne has three guys in the NFL now, if you are that good the NFL will see you. For my 2 cents Hickory is one mighty fine place and Lenoir Rhyne is the Ticket!!!!

Hopefully that’s the first of many. God will lead him where he needs to be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT